The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jun 11, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #796 of 87,391
They seem to be for sale on Amazon already..
https://www.amazon.ca/AZLA-SednaEar...+Crystal&qid=1623387462&s=electronics&sr=1-12

I wish they wouldn't do the 3 sizes when I know only L will fit..

@tgx78 .. we should split a box.. I'll take the L you take the others.
:wink:

I'm not sure if I am correct but just comparing the pictures the Crystals you linked are for TWS with a very shallow neck. The last picture posted by @ranfan looks to be a non TWS Crystal with more height and your typical longer neck. If this is the case I'd definitely be up for trying them! The only issue with xelastecs for me was them getting dirty quickly and being difficult to clean. The material in the Crystal can be cleaned with water according to their marketing.

Jun 11, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #797 of 87,391
Jun 11, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #798 of 87,391
Oh I see..I'm actually impressed, given the nature of some of the topics that come up and that many of the contributors don't speak English as a first language, that everything get expressed so articulately. I understand where @Tristy is coming from but everything I write is in earnest and (perhaps arrogantly) I prefer to think of this thread more along the lines of a Plato's Academy, where nothing is off the table philosophically.

In other news I may need a new cable for my Dorado 2020 soon...any recs anyone?
If you want the cable that I have settled on, try the PW Audio Saladin. If you want a cheaper one, go tp Penon website and look at ISN all copper cables, or Penon 0S849.

Jun 11, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #799 of 87,391
Oh I see..I'm actually impressed, given the nature of some of the topics that come up and that many of the contributors don't speak English as a first language, that everything get expressed so articulately. I understand where @Tristy is coming from but everything I write is in earnest and (perhaps arrogantly) I prefer to think of this thread more along the lines of a Plato's Academy, where nothing is off the table philosophically.

In other news I may need a new cable for my Dorado 2020 soon...any recs anyone?
Check XINHS HIFI Shop at Ali.

https://es.aliexpress.com/store/910746107?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000007.1.42596e47ddLV3P

For sure great value cables and most important , cheap ones.
Excelent comunication as well.

Jun 11, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #800 of 87,391
@tgx78 is correct. It wasn’t meant in a derogatory way, just as of late there has been a lot of very ‘out there’ conversations being had. I can relate to a lot of it but the reference was just in relation to how this type (and depth) of conversation is reminiscent of ones that are usually had when high.

All good man I totally get it. When I read the word "hotbox" initially my mind went to a fried chicken franchise or something..which actually makes it sound like I was high as much as anything else lol

It's weird and crazy the countless of things that may affect our perception of how something sounds.

It really is-- I keep thinking of that story where Paul McCartney was asked what the best sound system he'd ever heard was and his reply was "whatever's playing at the moment"-- the implication being he could derive just as much enjoyment from his favorite song on an AM radio as on a kilobuck hi-fi system. I'm starting more and more to think of my enjoyment of sound much like the enjoyment of food (and not because I got passed the blunt in @Tristy's hotbox lmao)-- there are some foods with a universal appeal (a ripe orange, or a mango) and some things which are more associated with specific cultures or groups of people. Similarly there are some sound signatures that seem to be universally appealing, and others that appeal more to more distinct groups of people. What causes one person to cringe at the amount of bass in something like the Legend X, but another to fully embrace it? All of that said the Oriolus Isabellae has totally done away with my conception that you need to spend more than $1K to get TOTL sound.

2.jpg

1) Premium material 2) Low friction 3) Durable 4) Fatigue-free 5) Non-polluting
1.jpg

397268_435738.jpg

Azla SednaEarfit Crystal is going to be released soon :) Sale starts next week here in Japan

Great news! I can't wait to try these with Elysium.

I'm not sure if I am correct but just comparing the pictures the Crystals you linked are for TWS with a very shallow neck. The last picture posted by @ranfan looks to be a non TWS Crystal with more height and your typical longer neck. If this is the case I'd definitely be up for trying them! The only issue with xelastecs for me was them getting dirty quickly and being difficult to clean. The material in the Crystal can be cleaned with water according to their marketing.

You are correct-- I ordered a set of those and they were unusable on any of my IEM as they're designed exclusively for TWS.

If you want the cable that I have settled on, try the PW Audio Saladin. If you want a cheaper one, go tp Penon website and look at ISN all copper cables, or Penon 0S849.

Thanks...I'm actually hoping I can pick up an extra of Isabellae's stock cable with an MMCX connector...it would go great with Dorado. Failing that I might head to Penon.

In other news the tracking says my Isabellae is now in Canada...which means I'll have it Monday :D

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #801 of 87,391
Check XINHS HIFI Shop at Ali.

https://es.aliexpress.com/store/910746107?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000007.1.42596e47ddLV3P

For sure great value cables and most important , cheap ones.
Excelent comunication as well.

I clicked on that link and it's in Spanish lol...now whenever I go to Ali my browser defaults to the Spanish site haha

Also, I've just messaged Warbler about the steps I need to take to get a custom...what sort of impressions etc....this might be my next big thing.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #802 of 87,391
I clicked on that link and it's in Spanish lol...now whenever I go to Ali my browser defaults to the Spanish site haha

Also, I've just messaged Warbler about the steps I need to take to get a custom...what sort of impressions etc....this might be my next big thing.
Sorry ny friend, this is your URL
A very helpfull person on XINHS HIFI Chat, and you can ask all you want on customizing cables

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/910746107?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000007.1.4ec9d6d7JIwXcW

Jun 11, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #803 of 87,391
Jun 11, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #804 of 87,391
Jun 11, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #805 of 87,391
Haha...that's the cable I have and am looking to replace...the Isa cable is indeed very similar...but it's vastly superior in terms of texture (external, not sound).
Ah, sorry.. I must be high then

Slightly off-topic, but man the treble on the Isa is just so perfect. I don't think I'd add or take away anything, the way it is is simply brilliant. Love the tuning.

Another thing about DD is that it differs from BA by allowing more spread imaging, and bigger-sized fuller notes, albeit at the expense of agility, concise pinpoint accuracy, and detailed precision. In other words, it allows for a less analytical listening. It gives you this hazy feeling and a sense of reminiscing nostalgia, that warm-hinting organic sound. Listening to vocal performances with eyes closed at night feels surreal somehow. As if you're there, in a parallel place and time where the singer is singing in front of you. It may not boast a grand stage feel to it, more intimate. But you can sense that warm breath coming out from the chest and into voice. It's simply amazing.

Isabellae began development from the early days of the Oriolus brand and took about seven years to officially complete it.

With every detail in mind, Isabellae expresses natural, stretchy treble and smooth, crisp sound performance while being easy on the ears and lightly controlling powerful sounds.

Equipped with a custom-made 9.8mm inertial dynamic unit exclusively for Isabellae, a combination of Japanese Daikoku CCAW voice coil and patented metal shell external magnetic design.

Hand-finished ergonomically designed earphone housing using German-made medical resin.

Uses selected silver-plated wire and 4.4mm terminated balanced cable.

Driver: 9.8mm DD
Impedance: 30 Ohm
Sensitivity: 113dB
Frequency response: 10Hz~40kHz
Weight: 13g
Plug: 4.4mm

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/oriolus-isabellae.25209/

Jun 11, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #806 of 87,391
Ah, sorry.. I must be high then

All good...you're in the right thread anyway :p

Slightly off-topic, but man the treble on the Isa is just so perfect. I don't think I'd add or take away anything, the way it is is simply brilliant. Love the tuning.

Another thing about DD is that it differs from BA by allowing more spread imaging, and bigger-sized fuller notes, albeit at the expense of agility, concise pinpoint accuracy, and detailed precision. In other words, it allows for a less analytical listening. It gives you this hazy feeling and a sense of reminiscing nostalgia, that warm-hinting organic sound. Listening to vocal performances with eyes closed at night feels surreal somehow. As if you're there, in a parallel place and time where the singer is singing in front of you. It may not boast a grand stage feel to it, more intimate. But you can sense that warm breath coming out from the chest and into voice. It's simply amazing.

Beautifully put and I agree entirely. Really technical IEMs (which tend to be BAs) place everything in a precise, incredibly consistent order and appeal primarily to the intellect...DD IEMs, for the reasons you beautifully describe, put out a sound that is more easily embraced by the heart.

Isabellae began development from the early days of the Oriolus brand and took about seven years to officially complete it.

With every detail in mind, Isabellae expresses natural, stretchy treble and smooth, crisp sound performance while being easy on the ears and lightly controlling powerful sounds.

Equipped with a custom-made 9.8mm inertial dynamic unit exclusively for Isabellae, a combination of Japanese Daikoku CCAW voice coil and patented metal shell external magnetic design.

Hand-finished ergonomically designed earphone housing using German-made medical resin.

Uses selected silver-plated wire and 4.4mm terminated balanced cable.

What's truly remarkable is that they're willing to sell it at such a great price. It's as good as anything I've heard, including many that are 3-4x the cost. Mine is now i BC however I won't get it until Monday...which can't come soon enough haha

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #808 of 87,391
Really looking forward to Isa. I need a win. Bravado MKii was trash.

Jun 11, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #809 of 87,391
Really looking forward to Isa. I need a win. Bravado MKii was trash.

I liked Bravado MKii a lot for what it was..it did more for me than MEST ii. YMMV though. .Isa is summit fi though imho...I think you'll love it. I have the Carbo Mezzo coming too :)

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #810 of 87,391
I liked Bravado MKii a lot for what it was..it did more for me that MEST ii. YMMV though. .Isa is summit fi though imho...I think you'll love it. I have the Carbo Mezzo coming too :)
I'm the opposite. MEST MKii stomps all over Bravado for me. MEST is just kind of boring. (shrug) It's growing on me the more I listen to it, and buy stuff not as competent.
I think I just hate bassy IEM's, and that's all I've been buying lately. Turning away any that smell of bass anemia. But neutral and lacking in bass may be the truth I need that I've been reticent to acknowledge?
I almost lol'd when I heard Bravado after 100 hrs. $700? Is this a joke? They must hate their budget minded customers. Cause this is insulting or EE are technically incompetent. There is a 3rd reason, of course.
It's me. And I am the problem. :ksc75smile:

Oh, and my Mezzo is on the truck for today. STOKED!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back