Rockna Wavelight
May 14, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #1,127 of 1,576
It's ready for the market but due to supply chain issues, may take another 2-3 years till it's in the buyer's hand. :o2smile:
Right? I bought and sold a Wavelight DAC over a year ago on the promise this thing would come out “soon.”

May 14, 2023 at 9:40 PM Post #1,128 of 1,576
Yeah I gave up hope on it a long time ago. I did enjoy the Wavelight …. But man no possibly for a remote is such a downer. I would love to hear how it sounds…but happy with my Hifi Rose now.

May 15, 2023 at 4:24 AM Post #1,129 of 1,576
Right? I bought and sold a Wavelight DAC over a year ago on the promise this thing would come out “soon.”
I also sold the Wavelight due to the missing Media Player.
Replaced it with my T+A MP2000R at no cost.

Potentially wouldn't have done so if the Server had been released in 2021.

May 15, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #1,131 of 1,576
@ThanatosVI thank you for bringing it to our attention. I've lost both the interest and hope plus the official web page of Rockna Audio still says: "coming soon" :frowning2:
It seems to be real tho, my dealer just sent me high quality pictures used in that post and the price list for the different SSD configurations.

May 15, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #1,132 of 1,576
It seems to be real tho
Sure, it is real. I'm also sure that it will sound great. We can laugh at ineffective marketing or long lead times (two of Rockna's main problems in my opinion), but their devices are of the highest quality. I think the release took so long only because Nicolae wanted to make everything as perfect as possible.

May 15, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #1,133 of 1,576
Right now very much enjoying the chain:
Qobuz - WiFi - UAPP on Hiby R8 - coax - Wavelight - Envy - Elite.

Train Out of Hollywood by Judith Owen https://open.qobuz.com/track/70522198

Unreal how real it sounds.

I have upgraded my Wavelight to v1.23, 01.48.
The usb input did not get better. All of my phones/DAPs driving the Wavelight directly on usb producing very noisy sound (the Hiby R8 not always, but sometimes yes and that is very disturbing). Shall I try another cable?

I am thinking about adding a Singxer-SU6 DDC and/or an EverSolo DMP-A6. Rockna server will have to wait - or shall I go straight to it, saving the time and money climbing the ladder?

May 15, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #1,134 of 1,576
Right now very much enjoying the chain:
Qobuz - WiFi - UAPP on Hiby R8 - coax - Wavelight - Envy - Elite.

Train Out of Hollywood by Judith Owen https://open.qobuz.com/track/70522198

Unreal how real it sounds.

I have upgraded my Wavelight to v1.23, 01.48.
The usb input did not get better. All of my phones/DAPs driving the Wavelight directly on usb producing very noisy sound (the Hiby R8 not always, but sometimes yes and that is very disturbing). Shall I try another cable?

I am thinking about adding a Singxer-SU6 DDC and/or an EverSolo DMP-A6. Rockna server will have to wait - or shall I go straight to it, saving the time and money climbing the ladder?
@Newsee while I can not help you solve your noisy usb issue I must say that IMHO Wavelight + Envy and Empys or Elites is amazing setup :) Haven't tried 1.48 version yet so I can't comment on it either.

May 16, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #1,135 of 1,576
Rockna server isn't just "another i2s source". It could be used with other DACs. I used my Wavedream NET with MolaMola Tambaqui and Holo May with outstanding results. When you connect Rockna to Rockna, there is some "special Rockna mode" which changes the way of transmitting clock signal, or something like that (I don't remember what exactly happening). So for Rockna DAC I'd probably wait and save for Rockna source.

May 16, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #1,136 of 1,576
Rockna server isn't just "another i2s source". It could be used with other DACs. I used my Wavedream NET with MolaMola Tambaqui and Holo May with outstanding results. When you connect Rockna to Rockna, there is some "special Rockna mode" which changes the way of transmitting clock signal, or something like that (I don't remember what exactly happening). So for Rockna DAC I'd probably wait and save for Rockna source.
I'm curious how the Server will pair with a non Rockna DAC. Especially with the upsampling.

May 16, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #1,137 of 1,576
I'm curious how the Server will pair with a non Rockna DAC. Especially with the upsampling.
Extremely well. In my system I've compared A/B Wavedream NET + May with Sonore opticalRendu (USB), Cyrus flagship CD-trnasport (coax) and PS Audio PerfectWave SACD transport (i2s). NET sounded better in absolutely all (dynamic, 3D, timbre, layering) aspects, both as CD-transport and as file source.

I also tried Tambaqui at home. Sound with WD NET via i2s was way better than with Tambaqui's built in RoonReady. The difference was huge in my opinion. I didn't like Tambaqui's own endpoint at all.

Rockna makes great digital sources that will work with any compatible DACs, not just native ones. I'm thinking about selling my NET (and other stuff) to save some money and buy an expensive all-in-one from MSB, but I have no desire to change NET to Aurender, Auralic or other separate source components. In my opinion, Rockna is as good as it could possibly be.

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #1,138 of 1,576
@Newsee while I can not help you solve your noisy usb issue I must say that IMHO Wavelight + Envy and Empys or Elites is amazing setup :) Haven't tried 1.48 version yet so I can't comment on it either.
There is no 1.48 update. The latest is 1.23.01.29.
For me "Envy - Empys - Elites" are unknown words. :smile: What is?

May 16, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #1,139 of 1,576
There is no 1.48 update. The latest is 1.23.01.29.
For me "Envy - Empys - Elites" are unknown words. :smile: What is?
You can decode it with the help of my signature.
Envy - Feliks Audio Envy tube amp.
Empys - Meze Empyrean headphones.
Elites - Meze Elite headphones.

For latest firmware see attached picture.
As far as I remember the v1.23 is for the FPGA, 01.48 is for the user interface, but correct me if I am wrong.

This one I like as well:
The Big Picture by Jacob Karlzon 3 https://open.qobuz.com/track/35161908

Attachments

• Wavelight-v1.23-01.48.jpg
    Wavelight-v1.23-01.48.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 0
May 16, 2023 at 10:45 PM Post #1,140 of 1,576
You can decode it with the help of my signature.
Envy - Feliks Audio Envy tube amp.
Empys - Meze Empyrean headphones.
Elites - Meze Elite headphones.

For latest firmware see attached picture.
As far as I remember the v1.23 is for the FPGA, 01.48 is for the user interface, but correct me if I am wrong.

This one I like as well:
The Big Picture by Jacob Karlzon 3 https://open.qobuz.com/track/35161908
Yes you are right. My Wavelight has the 01.29 UI and I don't know if and how it changes. I didn't find anything about it on the Rockna website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back