Rockna Wavedream DAC
Aug 5, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #181 of 345
You can get those power socket that list the current consumed and power consumed by device. That’s the cheapest way to get the details.

Aug 6, 2022 at 1:37 AM Post #183 of 345
@Roasty -

How's your audition going?

the wavedream went back to the dealer last night. Well, I really liked it. couldn't really find any glaring fault to the sound. although imaging isn't as pinpoint and width didn't seem as wide as the May, those aspects really weren't that far off and for me, not really deal breakers. the depth and layering is truly enjoyable giving a very 3d sensation; made my solitaire P even more enjoyable.

seems like a forgiving and very musical dac; songs/albums in list which I don't often play or refrain from playing (due to hot treble etc) sounded very good and very listenable with the WD. perhaps slightly rolled off in the highs or gives me the perception that it is, due to the smoothness and unoffensiveness of the top end, and in addition to the impactful low end and I guess some mid bass boost make for a very enjoyable listen overall.

I still maintain my preference of WD > WL > May kte.

I want one but I still wanna demo the weiss dac502 first. sadly I don't get a home demo for that so it'll just be SolP direct into the unit (when I get round to it).

Aug 6, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #184 of 345
What source is preferable with WD? Is USB well implemented? I really want to declutter my life and use as less equipment as possible and USB gives option to remove DDC.

Aug 6, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #187 of 345
I had zero problems or bad things to say about the USB implementation but had to scratch that itch of the SU-6 and found one on avexchange.
I'm in the less boxes camp where possible and my other path planned was a FTA Callisto so might be a catch and release for me

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2022 at 9:05 PM Post #188 of 345
I had zero problems or bad things to say about the USB implementation but had to scratch that itch of the SU-6 and found one on avexchange.
I'm in the less boxes camp where possible and my other path planned was a FTA Callisto so might be a catch and release for me
Did you end up preferring the internal, or the Singxer?

Oct 14, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #190 of 345
Ended up with the Callisto cable and sold the Singxer.

What made you choose to do that? I have a Wavedream on the way to me and I was planning on using the SU-6 with it as well.

Oct 14, 2022 at 9:37 PM Post #191 of 345
What made you choose to do that? I have a Wavedream on the way to me and I was planning on using the SU-6 with it as well.
Less boxes. Didn't feel like it added enough to the chain to justify it. I'm fine with a bit less blackness and other upgrades around it were good enough for me. I liked what I was hearing without it. I don't think it's a bad addition in any way but selling it basically paid for the Callisto and I preferred to think of it that way

Dec 3, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #194 of 345
Last edited:
Dec 29, 2022 at 7:06 PM Post #195 of 345
I have been happily using my Rockna Wavedream Edition dac for the past 2 years or so (coming from a Dave). I am not very technical with audio gear, but I have stumbled across the potential improvements of changing the fuses on gear to 'audiophile fuses'. I am interested in trying out this fuse - https://www.synergisticresearch.com/fuses/purple-fuse/. Some people rave about these fuses, others think they are super snake oil. For the entry price I am happy to give it a try and find out.

Has anyone changed the fuse on the Wavedream before? any tips on how to do it? or even which one I need to order? there are 4 different types to pick from. thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back