Rockna Wavedream DAC
Aug 5, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #181 of 187

kumar402

Headphoneus Supremus
You can get those power socket that list the current consumed and power consumed by device. That’s the cheapest way to get the details.

Aug 6, 2022 at 1:37 AM Post #183 of 187

Roasty

Headphoneus Supremus
@Roasty -

How's your audition going?

the wavedream went back to the dealer last night. Well, I really liked it. couldn't really find any glaring fault to the sound. although imaging isn't as pinpoint and width didn't seem as wide as the May, those aspects really weren't that far off and for me, not really deal breakers. the depth and layering is truly enjoyable giving a very 3d sensation; made my solitaire P even more enjoyable.

seems like a forgiving and very musical dac; songs/albums in list which I don't often play or refrain from playing (due to hot treble etc) sounded very good and very listenable with the WD. perhaps slightly rolled off in the highs or gives me the perception that it is, due to the smoothness and unoffensiveness of the top end, and in addition to the impactful low end and I guess some mid bass boost make for a very enjoyable listen overall.

I still maintain my preference of WD > WL > May kte.

I want one but I still wanna demo the weiss dac502 first. sadly I don't get a home demo for that so it'll just be SolP direct into the unit (when I get round to it).

Aug 6, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #184 of 187

kumar402

Headphoneus Supremus
What source is preferable with WD? Is USB well implemented? I really want to declutter my life and use as less equipment as possible and USB gives option to remove DDC.

Aug 6, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #185 of 187

orrm

100+ Head-Fier
What source is preferable with WD? Is USB well implemented? I really want to declutter my life and use as less equipment as possible and USB gives option to remove DDC.
I just got my DDC this weekend and moving from USB to i2s, will post impressions once I form an opinion

Aug 6, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #187 of 187

orrm

100+ Head-Fier
I had zero problems or bad things to say about the USB implementation but had to scratch that itch of the SU-6 and found one on avexchange.
I'm in the less boxes camp where possible and my other path planned was a FTA Callisto so might be a catch and release for me

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread