Rockford Fosgate pp15 questions
Mar 3, 2011 at 12:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

colmustard

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I am seriously considering ordering a pair of rockford fosgate pp15's for around $70. I listen to a very wide range of music so I need a good overall performer. These would be purely for enjoyment and wear around campus.

My question is should I go with the pp15's or is there another iem that greatly outperforms the pp15's for around the same price tag?

Mar 3, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #2 of 3
The PP is a decent earphone but it's a bit awkward in terms of fit and the build is plastic-fantastic. Even if you're looking for bass-heavy sound I don't think buying the PPs makes sense if you can get the Monster Turbines around that price. The $60-80 range holds many other lesser-known but very good earphones nowadays - ECCI PR401, Meelectronics CC51, Brainwavz M3, Xears TD-III, and so on.

Mar 5, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #3 of 3
I've been listening to the PP15's for about 5 months and they're very decent for the price (I paid closer to 100 before the price dropped) - I've also had the VModa Vibes, and considered the Turbines at the time but ended up w/the Punch Plugs so I can't speak to them. The punch plugs have a similar sound to the VModas but quite a bit more bass. The driver is just massive, and yes it's kind of a big piece and not as attractive as the VModa's or Turbines. The mids are a bit recessed and the highs are rolled off (though I'm using Comply tips which adds to that). I couldn't recommend the VModas due to quality issues that I had w/them - cable failures. From what I read when I bought them, you probably couldn't go wrong w/either the Punch Plugs or Turbines at that price. The only quality issue I've had w/the Punch Plugs is the outer cover coming loose, which was easily fixed w/some superglue and had no impact on usability. Other than that they've been great durability wise. The cable is also nice, gives very little microphonics, and for me doesn't tangle at all.

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back