rockboxed Sansa Clip+ vs Samsung P3 need your help with keeping the p3 or selling it
Jun 24, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #3 of 11
is there any one using the p3 now i need your input.can you help me bcause my p3 will be hear tomorrow if the sq is not better then MY rockboxed Sansa Clip+ then i am not even going to open it i will just sell it

Jun 24, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #4 of 11
You may not get too many responses because I don't think many own both sansa and P3.  Also, all response will be based on others subjective experiences and with only a few responses, and it is very hard to weigh them to make a good choice.  You already know my subjective choice from your first comparason thread.  I prefer the P3.  I say open it and listen to it for yourself and decide if you want to keep it.  Your ears should make the best judgement call.  Maybe you should change this thread into a poll, but I doubt that there is many people that own both DAPs.

Jun 24, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #5 of 11
I have a rockboxed sansa clip (not the +) and the P3. The P3 with myDNSE setting only clarity to +1 has made me choose the P3 over the clip with respect to SQ.

Jun 24, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #6 of 11
what players will blow way the sansa clip /clip+ in sq and output lets say the top 5.the best bang for the buck. sq being number 1 output number 2   Audio Supported Formats number 3 layout / firmware number  4 looks /screen number  5

Jun 26, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
well they all paired really well Samsung P3  Klipsch S4  ibasso d4. now i got a real nice RIG sounds dam good 

Glad you like it.  P3 is really growing on me since the time I fist got it.  I am starting to like the P3 more than the highly regarded Sony X.  The hissing with SE530 is definately a factor.  I thought it sounded pretty good amping from headphone out.  

Jun 26, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #9 of 11
in a Side-by-Side Comparison  the Samsung P3 is spanking my rockboxed sansa clip + the p3 wins hands down in all  around bass, sound stage, presentation and clarity. the p3 really shows the sansa clip+s weaknesses but the clip+ has its place as a very good mp3 player and small.i guess you get what you pay for the $35/$40 its worth every penny

Jun 27, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #10 of 11

Quote:
in a Side-by-Side Comparison  the Samsung P3 is spanking my rockboxed sansa clip + the p3 wins hands down in all  around bass, sound stage, presentation and clarity. the p3 really shows the sansa clip+s weaknesses but the clip+ has its place as a very good mp3 player and small.i guess you get what you pay for the $35/$40 its worth every penny

The P3 and the Q2 Samsungs , with the DNSe 3.0, are capable of great sound. If you take the time to really experiment with the 7-band EQ, and Clarity and Bass and 3D settings( I didn't like the 3D myself), you can find the sound sig you like with many different headphones. Certainly capable of better sound than a non-rockbox Clip+ (never tried RB on my Clip+).

Jun 27, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #11 of 11
My P3 and Q2 both sounded better than my RockBoxed iPod 5.5G and modded 32gb Mini. The EQ and sound enhancement options were just fantastic, and the UI was also a pleasure to use. Samsung really makes some fantastic sounding players, too bad more people don't give them the credit they deserve for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back