Rockbox Xduoo X3
Apr 30, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #2,506 of 2,617
That's on my xduoo X2. Hope something similar can be done with X3 once it arives.
9977669_thumb.jpg

You sir, are my greatest inspiration of April 2019.

clip-all.jpg

Apr 30, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #2,508 of 2,617
Here’s mine (still going strong):

Nice one! Have you tried clipping it on your shirt? Is it too bulky for it? The thing is, clipping on my shirt is the best way for me to get rid of any cables that may tangles.. also the most comfortable way using it while moving around.

Colorfly C3 is 100g and I thought it would be too heavy for clipping on the shirt, but it seems to work just fine, though it does 'dangles' at times. Wonder if I should get an X3ii and do the same :ksc75smile:

Apr 30, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #2,509 of 2,617
Nice one! Have you tried clipping it on your shirt? Is it too bulky for it? The thing is, clipping on my shirt is the best way for me to get rid of any cables that may tangles.. also the most comfortable way using it while moving around.

Colorfly C3 is 100g and I thought it would be too heavy for clipping on the shirt, but it seems to work just fine, though it does 'dangles' at times. Wonder if I should get an X3ii and do the same :ksc75smile:

Yeah, I’ve clipped it to my shirt. As you said, it can be a bit heavy at times, but it does work fine that way.

I’ve also clipped it to just about everything at one time or another - inside my pockets, outside my pockets, outside the waist of my pants, inside the waist of my pants (like a concealed carry DAP lol), jacket collars, inside jacket pockets, backpacks, duffel bags, photography bag straps, to cycling clothing with no pockets, etc.

It’s one of the best mods I’ve done to the DAP, considerably improving its utility and the ability to carry and use it on a daily basis.

May 1, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #2,511 of 2,617
One guy in this thread fixed it by re-initializing the database: https://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/5215

That was the answer I got 2 years ago and and it still does not work trying it now. Apparently since nobody else has any issue, I either am trying to do an unusual, unique thing by using shuffle mode and expecting it to resume play right where it left off after going to sleep, or the RockBox port is defectively buggy, or my X3 player is a pile of garbage. It truly is useless to me working this way and is destined for the landfill now.

I will ask once again if anybody thinks this might possibly be an issue with the X3-II device also. I am willing to try, but I also don't want to be in the habit of sending another $120 to the local landfill either.

May 1, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #2,512 of 2,617
That was the answer I got 2 years ago and and it still does not work trying it now. Apparently since nobody else has any issue, I either am trying to do an unusual, unique thing by using shuffle mode and expecting it to resume play right where it left off after going to sleep, or the RockBox port is defectively buggy, or my X3 player is a pile of garbage. It truly is useless to me working this way and is destined for the landfill now.

I will ask once again if anybody thinks this might possibly be an issue with the X3-II device also. I am willing to try, but I also don't want to be in the habit of sending another $120 to the local landfill either.

Sell it or gift it to someone... no need to put it in a landfill.

May 1, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #2,513 of 2,617

Just spotted your question about the X3
I am using 3 X3 at the minute, none roxboxed. Assume you have tried going back to original firmware. .
I have been playing mine lately in the Play All. Using two 64gb cards. And where ever I turn it off , it starts from the same track. ( at the start ) ...If I use the folder method and play all , it does seem to stop after each cd...And if I choose random play in folder mode it works OK, Same as in Play All in music folder..

May 3, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #2,514 of 2,617
Just spotted your question about the X3
I am using 3 X3 at the minute, none roxboxed. Assume you have tried going back to original firmware. .
I have been playing mine lately in the Play All. Using two 64gb cards. And where ever I turn it off , it starts from the same track. ( at the start ) ...If I use the folder method and play all , it does seem to stop after each cd...And if I choose random play in folder mode it works OK, Same as in Play All in music folder..

I tried to remove RockBox and the hardware is sort of stuck between the stock and RockBox somewhere. It won't take the stock flash and keeps trying to load Rockbox and failing to find a partition. Tried to reload RockBox then, and still stuck there. It's a brick now. I am researching many options now, and liking the looks of a Sony player now. RockBox just is not advancing in open source development good enough for my use.

May 7, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #2,515 of 2,617
I wanted to share a mod I’ve been wanting to do for a while now.

A fellow HeadFier had a busted X3, which I bought for spare parts. It turns out it was silver (unbeknownst to me until it arrived). I’ve always wanted to do a hardware button swap, because the black buttons are so hard to see on the black X3.

I was planning on sand blasting my black buttons to the bare silver aluminum underneath, but now I don’t have to since I have a silver X3 to steal the buttons from!

Below are the results.

I also took pics of the silver one with black buttons, even though it doesn’t work. It’s just to show you what the silver looks like with black buttons.

Personally, I think xduoo should have done it like this from the factory. It definitely improves the look and usability. They could have used black buttons on the silver and gold X3, and silver or gold buttons on the black X3. It wouldn’t have cost them a cent more in manufacturing costs; just swapping the colors of the buttons around during final assembly.

Enjoy!

EEC1E701-DC84-49AE-B61B-8F1AC2144F07.jpeg
C8CACD45-BDE1-42CC-A4AA-708EA52E22A1.jpeg
8317A0DB-03FE-4735-9F19-5218E3E20158.jpeg
4F74E0E0-2640-4190-A16F-511D6FCFD153.jpeg

Final shot of the X3 in the DIY Nintendo DS case:
220AC376-3379-49AF-9CA9-A530E87246F9.jpeg

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #2,516 of 2,617
Hi!

So, after a longish while of non-use (say 3 months), I tried to charge my X3 and use it again.

The result is that I get stuck on the boot screen, both on stock firmware and the Rockbox port that worked nicely earlier. A reset does not work and setting it back to factory settings does not work either.

Is the device bricked or is there still hope (without having to sink too much time tinkering with it)? If not, I might just spring for a Hidizs AP80 or something alike.

Thanks for your help and wishing you a nice evening/morning/day!

May 14, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #2,517 of 2,617
Hi!

So, after a longish while of non-use (say 3 months), I tried to charge my X3 and use it again.

The result is that I get stuck on the boot screen, both on stock firmware and the Rockbox port that worked nicely earlier. A reset does not work and setting it back to factory settings does not work either.

Is the device bricked or is there still hope (without having to sink too much time tinkering with it)? If not, I might just spring for a Hidizs AP80 or something alike.

Thanks for your help and wishing you a nice evening/morning/day!

Does it work when plugged in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back