Rockbox Xduoo X3
Jan 6, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #1,220 of 2,617
There is no iPod Rockbox forum which is open hence I posted here as people might have used Rockbox on iPod in this forum also. It i just some help or guidance I am looking for.

Also, PowerAmp is Android Music app but what I wanted to know if using Rockbox on Nano 1G will give similar kind of effect or even better in iPod? 

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #1,221 of 2,617
There is no iPod Rockbox forum which is open hence I posted here as people might have used Rockbox on iPod in this forum also. It i just some help or guidance I am looking for.

Also, PowerAmp is Android Music app but what I wanted to know if using Rockbox on Nano 1G will give similar kind of effect or even better in iPod? 

He means the rockbox forums: rockbox.org

Battery life in rockbox is much better than in the apple firmware. It was much worse in 2006, but I and others spent a few years optimizing the port and ultimately got higher efficiency than Apple.

Jan 6, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #1,222 of 2,617
Got it. I will create an account and post there. So I believe that you have used RockBox on iPod also and I hope that you can sugest if it is very good and will change the sound completely. What I am looking for it so add Boom and Bass in my iPod.

Jan 9, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #1,223 of 2,617
I'm frustrated trying to install rockbox.  I followed the manual on xvortex's page, but the very first time I loaded the files on the the SD card I accidentally extracted the update.zip file.  It said it was updating and I waited a for a while and no rockbox.  I've tried to redo the install multiple times to no avail.  I even tried to return it to the stock and then re-install rockbox and no luck.  I'm using an old 8gig card formatted to fat32.  The only thing I can think is that something went wrong when I extracted the update.zip file (I'm assuming unpack = extract) and attempted the first upgrade.  Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks. 

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #1,224 of 2,617
Is the .rockbox present on the SD card (depending on your OS and settings it might be hidden)?
What happens when you power on the player? What happens when you power it on with the hold switch in place? Do you see either the XDuoo logo or the Rockbox logo?

Having unzipped the update.zip is unlikely to be the cause of any problems, but stranger things have happened I suppose.

Jan 10, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #1,225 of 2,617
I think so, at least I can see the .rockbox folder on the card when it's connected to my computer.  When I power on the player I see the xduoo logo, and nothing happens any differently when the hold switch is on.  I was extra frustrated last night cause I deleted everything off my 128gig card in an attempt to reformat it to fat32, and here the firmware doesn't load and I reformatted my little 8 gig card trying to get a fresh install, so I was left with a practically non-functioning player after 4+ hours of effort. 

Now when I try to update to rockbox with a zipped update.zip file it says no firmware file, but if I unzip the update.zip it will say "success" and then go back to the old xduoo software.  I have never seen a rockbox logo. 

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #1,226 of 2,617
Hi,

I want to try X3. Before I buy it, I have 2 questions:
1. Can you confirm gapless on XDuoo X3 with RB? Rockbox provides it, by I want to be sure.
2. Does RB change battery runtime? Xduoo provides about 9h i I remember.

Jan 11, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #1,227 of 2,617
  I think so, at least I can see the .rockbox folder on the card when it's connected to my computer.  When I power on the player I see the xduoo logo, and nothing happens any differently when the hold switch is on.  I was extra frustrated last night cause I deleted everything off my 128gig card in an attempt to reformat it to fat32, and here the firmware doesn't load and I reformatted my little 8 gig card trying to get a fresh install, so I was left with a practically non-functioning player after 4+ hours of effort. 

Now when I try to update to rockbox with a zipped update.zip file it says no firmware file, but if I unzip the update.zip it will say "success" and then go back to the old xduoo software.  I have never seen a rockbox logo. 

There could be something wrong with the update zip, although I've got no idea what. I suggest deleting it and downloading it again fresh. If you haven't seen the rockbox logo then the firmware update isn't working.

Jan 11, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #1,228 of 2,617
is this normal..
on xduoo x3 'files' gives sd1/sd2
on rockbox i get 'files' sd1 at top of list, then album list.. the sd1 is actually sd2.. if that makes sense.
in other words.. the second card is simply listed as sd1 within the list of files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back