Rockbox Xduoo X3
Nov 14, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #977 of 2,613
<edit>
This was in reply to Yacobx's post "Is there a way to rockbox through OSX?"
<end edit>

If you can format the micro sd card correctly and copy the rockbox files to it; you have a "rockboxed" (is that the term) DAP.

I spent ages trying to get a virtual Windows 7 client to allow me to use the default method but copying the files to the micro SD card and following the update process gets you to the same place.

Best of luck in your musical journey!

Regards,
Ian

Nov 14, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #980 of 2,613
  Is there a Mac equivalent?

Level,

I can't see if you are replying to me or to another poster.

In case it is a query about MusicBee; the MusicBee forum has this thread about running MusicBee in an emulator on OSX.

As the program does not seem to see the xDuoo X3 in either rockbox or native mode on Windows 10 I'm not sure this will be productive for anyone. I plan to have a look at the possibility of copying files to the SD card(s) that show in Windows 10 when the X3 is connected in Native mode.

Regards,
Ian

Nov 14, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #981 of 2,613
  Level,

I can't see if you are replying to me or to another poster.

In case it is a query about MusicBee; the MusicBee forum has this thread about running MusicBee in an emulator on OSX.

As the program does not seem to see the xDuoo X3 in either rockbox or native mode on Windows 10 I'm not sure this will be productive for anyone. I plan to have a look at the possibility of copying files to the SD card(s) that show in Windows 10 when the X3 is connected in Native mode.

Regards,
Ian

Yes, and thank you for the info. I'm virtually clueless on tagging at this point so I appolgize for less than intelligent questions.....maybe there is another forum I can find to get up to speed, I'll look into that.

Nov 15, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #984 of 2,613
Could not find anyone else having reported this problem with the latest Vortex Rockbox version on my Xduoo X3.
Mostly I play complete albums in flac format with cue-file.
The problem with those files is that you can not directly jump (next) to the next or previous track in the cue-file, but you have to let the track play for a couple of seconds before the player reacts on the button press.
With Rockbox on a Sansa clip+ this was possible and gave no problems at all.
Could you please look at it. THX

Nov 15, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #986 of 2,613
For me it depended on the track being played. Overly complex music didn't show the pitch issue for me.
Where I noticed it was on vocal tracks.
I think it was a Beatles track that finally sent me scurrying to Rockbox my X3. the song just sounded wrong, John Lennon's vocals were off enough to sound unnatural to my ears.

As for everyone waiting for Xduoo to fix this issue, I'd say don't hold your breath.
This was reported to them at least 6 months ago and they've chosen to ignore it or at best
let XVortex's rockbox port fix it. Xduoo has moved on to a new unit and has pretty much abandoned the X3.
There hasn't been a firmware update since the first or second one released just after the unit was released.
I do not expect Xduoo to address any issues on the X3, their support has been pretty dismal and I don't think
that's going to change.

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #987 of 2,613
  Not an expert at all, but SURELY the pitch issue is noticeable?

So therefore stock isnt an option?

I do not notice any difference in everyday listening while commuting. What I definitely hear is that sound on stock is more airy, better separation and body. But again, the difference is not a huge one but it is there... I listen to a lot of jazz and classical music only in lossless. 

Nov 15, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #988 of 2,613
Hello everybody
I'm very intrested in using the rockbox port for a non profit organization, but I found some small bugs and some small improvements that can be done.
How can I get in contact with the developers (or with a developer) to ask for help or for a collaboration?
Thank you

Nov 15, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #990 of 2,613
The funny thing is i'm a touring/recording musician, have been for around 15 years, and none of my musician friends could tell there was any pitch issue at all on stock X3.

However if I gave my X3 to any non musician but headphone audiophile friends.... they knew 9 times out of 10 something wasn't right!

We even used an X3 to help master some tracks..... now we know those are probably screwed up too... haha!!!

But I never heard it so I just kept listening...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back