Rockbox Xduoo X3
May 21, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #346 of 2,617
I'm still having hard time with the navigation. Rockbox installed as a breeze but going back and forth in the directory doesn't look like working for me.
I have:  Artist > Album(s) > Songs as my basic organization and can't find the way e.g. to go back from one song to another album of the same artist - it goes back only to the actual album.
If I want to go to the next or previous album I have to start everything over.
That's the way it supposed to be? or just can't find the necessary adjustment options?
Thanks for any input....

May 21, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #347 of 2,617
So I managed to flash this to rockbox just now, the main thing I am missing I guess is when it is charging I cannot go play any music, am I right in saying the only way I can do it is to reboot it to stock FW to do that?

It's also quite a shame that none of the buttons are in the right order, ie option = back, power is pause and on/off, sometimes during playback, if I press options it seems to freeze, music continues to play though.

Am I missing something?

May 21, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #348 of 2,617
So I managed to flash this to rockbox just now, the main thing I am missing I guess is when it is charging I cannot go play any music, am I right in saying the only way I can do it is to reboot it to stock FW to do that?

It's also quite a shame that none of the buttons are in the right order, ie option = back, power is pause and on/off, sometimes during playback, if I press options it seems to freeze, music continues to play though.

Am I missing something?

Go to General Settings>System>Only Charge on USB insert and choose Yes. Now it will charge only via USB connection.

Yeah, I have that lag too. I think that's just RB in general

May 21, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #350 of 2,617
There is an option to save the customized configuration but I have yet to get the right button to initiate the save command. I was able to type a new configuration file name only.

By the way.. Off topic here but relevant.. If you have two songs with different loudness, you can use foobar2000 to update the replaygain tag of the files. This should avoid having to change volume all the time.

May 22, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #354 of 2,617
Rockboxed my X3 earlier this evening.
I have Artist > Album > Songs.

Does this format cause problems with navigation as opposed to Album > Songs. (no artist ) ? 

I didn't have a lot of time to play with system but couldn't figure out how to play all songs in random order...
and yes I need to RTFM....

Marty

May 22, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #355 of 2,617
  Rockboxed my X3 earlier this evening.
I have Artist > Album > Songs.

Does this format cause problems with navigation as opposed to Album > Songs. (no artist ) ? 

I didn't have a lot of time to play with system but couldn't figure out how to play all songs in random order...
and yes I need to RTFM....

Marty

This may help:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/782912/xduoo-x3-dsd-24bit-192khz-cs4398-chip-lossless-music-player/2445#post_12440692

May 23, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #356 of 2,617
Bob,

Once again thank you.
I was able to get to shuffle play ( see RTFM comment above!) after playing around a bit.
Went to Database. microsd1 built one humongous playlist.
I much like you load up all my songs and play in random order.
might take me a while to get totally familiar with Rockbox but sound is much better than with Xduuo firmware. I'm surprized I can hear the difference
as much as I do, it isn't evident when I was listening to delivered, but when I listened to the corrected songs was very evident.

Marty

May 23, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #357 of 2,617
What is the reason for putting this version of rockbox on a separate website ? And why is the player~device~port not listed on the official rockbox website.
Isn't this a shame considering most listed RB ports, stable or not are out of production, preventing users to think about it as an alternate firmware ?
As a full time user of RB on various  ports, I was pleased to stumble upon this thread while searching for something else.
At second thought I felt really sad to see that up to date versions of the RB firmware should be "hidden".

May 23, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #358 of 2,617
  What is the reason for putting this version of rockbox on a separate website ? And why is the player~device~port not listed on the official rockbox website.
Isn't this a shame considering most listed RB ports, stable or not are out of production, preventing users to think about it as an alternate firmware ?
As a full time user of RB on various  ports, I was pleased to stumble upon this thread while searching for something else.
At second thought I felt really sad to see that up to date versions of the RB firmware should be "hidden".

Vortex has answered this question some page ago in this thread.
Vortex is not an offical RB developer: he has opened his code and offered to the RB community. I think that sooner or later the proting will be officialy included on the RB site.

May 23, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #359 of 2,617
I already guessed the answer is somewhere in one of the 358 previous posts but there's no way I'll read through until I find it…
… and I don't undrstand what you recall. What is an "official" rb developper and what do you mean he opened his code ? RB is an open source project so I would say anyone can join in and use the code provided his work remains open (code). In other words no rb developper opens his code because none should disclose it.
Anyway I still don't understand and my wonder is would there be other players for which "unofficial" as you call it or "I do not know how to call them" have developped an rb firmware ? Could be a good idea to post a thread here or on the rb forum to build a list…

May 23, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #360 of 2,617
Vortex decided to do it on his own, not collaborating with other RB developpers and not providing source code in the beginning.
See here :
http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,51139.msg236712.html#msg236712

And here at 19:00 :
http://www.rockbox.org/irc/log-20160328

Users who are viewing this thread

Back