Rockbox Xduoo X3
May 8, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #256 of 2,613
If you take the time to look through both the xDuoo X3 and Rockbox xDuoo X3 threads you'll find that using Rockbox addresses most all the laments of the factory's firmware.  That said some have reported that using certain database schemes can still exhibit minor delays.  But it seems quite rare.  I use the file approach instead of the database and have no such delays.  I also have gapless playback. 

The unit itself is excellent but xDuoo has seemingly fallen on their sword regarding firmware updates content to let XVortex's Rockbox port resolve things instead.  Rather reprehensible in my opinion.

May 8, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #257 of 2,613
each earphone plays each level at a different level..... sensitivity and Ohm are the factors here....

dB is a relative scale, not absolute, so the sensitivity of the headphones makes no difference.

You may be confusing it with dBA, which is dB referenced to an absolute volume. In that case it would depend on the headphones although negative dBA would be very quiet!

May 8, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #258 of 2,613
A question on music playback.  On stock firmware it is possible to shuffle music on both SD cards.  Am I correct this is not possible with Rockbox, in other words you can only play music from one SD card at a time.  Thanks.

May 8, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #260 of 2,613
  A question on music playback.  On stock firmware it is possible to shuffle music on both SD cards.  Am I correct this is not possible with Rockbox, in other words you can only play music from one SD card at a time.  Thanks.

Wrong.

I use a random shuffle for my entire collection posited on my two 128Gb mSD cards.  I do it by making the whole shebang (both mSD cards) one humongeous playlist in Rockbox.  I've mentioned this numerous times in the X3 threads
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #261 of 2,613
Stupid question.
I'm using RB with the default skin (I've not installed any other theme).
In the upper left corner of the screen there is the clock: under the clock there is a little line with a little square that change its position... What's related this little square? Battery?

May 8, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #262 of 2,613
  Stupid question.
In the upper left corner of the screen there is the clock: under the clock there is a little line with a little square that change its position... What's related this little square? Battery?

That I would like to know as well!

May 8, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #263 of 2,613

Stupid question.

That I would like to know as well!

time of day i think lol

May 9, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #264 of 2,613
  Stupid question.

Day of the week, you have seven dashes representing seven days, first from the left is monday, second tuesday and so on, the little square show the current day.

May 9, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #265 of 2,613
I decided to do the latest update that was posted a couple of pages back. I extracted the .rockbox over the one on my card. Now my player says Rolo..Executing. It has been like this for 10 minutes now. Does anyone know how to restart\reset the X3 from this? I found how to do it for ipods and nanos via google, but it does not help me with the X3: )

May 9, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #266 of 2,613
I had no problem with the update, but I safely save the current .rockbox folder on my computer before doing it. I guess you have to reset the hardware, the little hole on the left of the SD cards, you need a thin sewing needle/pin.

May 9, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #267 of 2,613
  I had no problem with the update, but I safely save the current .rockbox folder on my computer before doing it. I guess you have to reset the hardware, the little hole on the left of the SD cards, you need a thin sewing needle/pin.

Well, hell I totally forgot about that! What kind of IT Admin am I? Anyway that fixed it, I guess I need more coffee: )

May 9, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #268 of 2,613
Okay, I'm having troubles installing the Rockbox in the Xduoo X3. I've followed the steps in the website to no avail. I dragged the zip file to the root of the SD micro card and, after turning it on, the unit still shows the message "No firmware file". I must have done something wrong. Can anyone help me?

May 9, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #269 of 2,613
Okay, I'm having troubles installing the Rockbox in the Xduoo X3. I've followed the steps in the website to no avail. I dragged the zip file to the root of the SD micro card and, after turning it on, the unit still shows the message "No firmware file". I must have done something wrong. Can anyone help me?

The new method didn't work for me either so I went back to the manual install

May 9, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #270 of 2,613
  Well, hell I totally forgot about that! What kind of IT Admin am I? Anyway that fixed it, I guess I need more coffee: )

The same happened to me the first time I tried doing a screendump, Rockbox froze and it took me about 1 or 2 minutes before I thought of the hard reset.​
smile.gif

Did you rename the update-to-rockbox-xxxx.zip to update.zip before copying to SD ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back