Rockbox Xduoo X3
Apr 11, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #61 of 2,617
i found line out volume is lower compared to original firmware.. also any change that lineout volume will be static, as in original firmware.

also i found, (in my ear) sound quality is better in original firmware (more open, space)... 

Apr 11, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #62 of 2,617
  i found line out volume is lower compared to original firmware.. also any change that lineout volume will be static, as in original firmware.

also i found, (in my ear) sound quality is better in original firmware (more open, space)... 

As with most everything else, folks have different perceptions.  I find the SQ with Rockbox better than the stock firmware given the former has cleaned up the pitch issue, etc.

And regarding the line out, I have no way to measure it but honestly I don't find any substantive audible difference in both modes with the output set to max (1.5Vrms) into my Topping NX1. 

Again obviously YMMV
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #63 of 2,617
while i dont measure it by meter, but feeling the difference, due i need to crank my topping NX3 volume to made my SHP9000 sound louder in rockbox.

then moving back to original, i need to dial down that volume as it too loud. 

Apr 11, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #64 of 2,617
  while i dont measure it by meter, but feeling the difference, due i need to crank my topping NX3 volume to made my SHP9000 sound louder in rockbox.

then moving back to original, i need to dial down that volume as it too loud. 

If that's what you're experiencing you certainly have grounds for your ascertion about line out variances between factory firmware and rockbox modes.

Apr 12, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #66 of 2,617
Hi guys whats up? i would like to ask on how to uninstall rockbox of my xduoo x3 and install the stock firmware? thanks!

Just done it last night... copy revert to stock update file from x3rockbox site...rename to update.zip...put in microsd...

Then boot to original fw (lock switch on then push power)...

Release the lock

Go to setting , upgrade..
After confirmning..immediately lock button on..x3 will boot soon, and will flash back to original

Apr 12, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #67 of 2,617
To x3 rockbox developer,

Is it possible to have bootloader which boot original firmware as default... and rockbox with lock switch on..

Basically the opposite of current bootloader

Apr 12, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #69 of 2,617
Hey folks,

after playing around with the setup I have some obversations/questions:

* With the stock firmware as well as with Rockbox I get a clearly audible level of background static noise. My perception is that it's a bit louder with rockbox. Any ideas/hints howt to tweak that?
* I think in one of my previous Rockbox devices it was possible to put the "Start sleep timer" entry to the Shortcuts list. (via long press). I can't do it here.
* I can confirm the observation of the lineout volume being much lower (on the same volume level on rockbox) than the headphone jack (I think the difference is bigger than with stock). But it doesn't really bother me

Apart from the static noise I'm really really happy with the setup. So thanks again!

Cheers,
rhalina

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #71 of 2,617
i found on rockbox, song is longer to start.. seems buffering first to memory, while on the original firmware song start immediately (with some skipping 1s bug)

this is happens make me feel like using rockbox in my cowon x5 back in the days.. the mini hdd need to spin first.. 

Apr 12, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #73 of 2,617
  Hi Everyone

Could someone please tell me the best and possibly easiest way to re-format my micro sdxc cards from exFAT to FAT32. Cheers

See post #6 at the beginning of this thread.

Searching in the two xDuoo X3 threads will usually find an answer.  If not, post that you've searched but still haven't found a satisfactory answer to your issue.  Folks will be glad to help.

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #75 of 2,617
Just found this thread - it sounds very interesting! I'm a long time rockbox user, and have based my DAP purchasing decisions on whether rockbox can be used on them for a long time.

Currently I'm using a iBassso DX50. Has anyone tried this, and have any comparisons between it and this Xduoo X3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back