Rockbox Xduoo X3
May 4, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #241 of 2,617
I did an update of Rockbox-firmware and now when I insert a microSD-card (64Gb) that previously worked, it all of a sudden is not recognised anymore.
Any ideas?
Other microSD-cards are recognised fine.

May 5, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #242 of 2,617
Hi all.
This morning I have started updating. I do not think I have done something badly but...
Since 4 hours I am seeing words "Updating... Don't power off"

How long I must wait for finalizing update?

I am worry about that it takes too long.

Do I have to wait patiently or I can breake this process?

Please help me.

May 5, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #243 of 2,617
Hi all.
This morning I have started updating. I do not think I have done something badly but...
Since 4 hours I am seeing words "Updating... Don't power off"

How long I must wait for finalizing update?

I am worry about that it takes too long.

Do I have to wait patiently or I can breake this process?

Please help me.

It should take about 30 seconds. Might be wort disconnecting!

May 5, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #244 of 2,617
A few days ago I posted about an issue with the my X3 having it's display shifted by 2 pixels to right. I thought it may have been a defect with the X3's display. The issue was in Rockbox and also with the original firmware (1.1) when I flashed it back to stock.

Thinking that it was the X3's display at fault, I decided to exchange it for a new one. I got it today.

The first thing I did was to start up the new X3 and take a few pics of it's display. Which you can see here.

All is well until I flash it per instructions from Vortex's site. This is the result here. Both stock and Rockbox have the same pixel shift.

So this has happened to both units now. I flashed it exactly as per instructions. Flashed it back to stock from Vortex's site and the same issue. Flashed the firmware from Xduoo's site, the same thing. I believe there is one or two other individuals having this issue too. So I would not advise anyone to flash their X3 until there's a fix.

May 6, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #246 of 2,617
A few days ago I posted about an issue with the my X3 having it's display shifted by 2 pixels to right. I thought it may have been a defect with the X3's display. The issue was in Rockbox and also with the original firmware (1.1) when I flashed it back to stock.

Thinking that it was the X3's display at fault, I decided to exchange it for a new one. I got it today.

The first thing I did was to start up the new X3 and take a few pics of it's display. Which you can see here.

All is well until I flash it per instructions from Vortex's site. This is the result here. Both stock and Rockbox have the same pixel shift.

So this has happened to both units now. I flashed it exactly as per instructions. Flashed it back to stock from Vortex's site and the same issue. Flashed the firmware from Xduoo's site, the same thing. I believe there is one or two other individuals having this issue too. So I would not advise anyone to flash their X3 until there's a fix.

Strange! I received another x3 yesterday cos I wanted a silver one. The new RB install method didn't work for me so I did manual and no problems. No pixel shift on my additional unit either.

May 7, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #247 of 2,617
I have an X3 with Rockbox and just have a 16gb SD card. (Going to buy a 128GB card soon) 
I decided to download a few high res audio files to try out the X3.  I noticed it is super slow when loading these files and there are big delays in between songs. 

My questions are:

1) Is this delay typical?  I assume it is because it requires more processing? (ie unrelated to Rockbox)
2) Would a better speed SD card make any difference?  (my guess would be no)
3) Has anyone noticed there is not much new music recorded in HD.  (Seems to be mostly older analog sources remastered). 

I am wondering if any 128gb card will do since I am about to buy one.

May 7, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #248 of 2,617
followed Bob A's post but my X3 still didn't update to rockbox
after selecting Update in the settings
the message "Update Succeed" pops up and "Updating Donot power off/turnoff"
it does that for a few seconds and then boots into original OS again

Quote:
  The easiest and safest method is this:

For first time installation follow this steps:
1) Download bootloader (update-to-rockbox-xxx.zip) and rockbox system’s archives (rockbox-full-xxx.zip);
2) Rename update-to-rockbox-xxx.zip to update.zip and write to the root of the micro SD-card without unpacking.
3) Unpack rockbox-full-xxx.zip to the root of the micro SD-card. System folder .rockbox must be placed at the root of this memory card. Card must be formatted to FAT16 or FAT32. Filesystems ExFAT, NTFS, EXT3/4 does not supported!
4) Install this SD- card to the X3 slot number 1;
5) Be sured that your X3 is totally charged. Normally update your player. To do this, in the menu "Setting" select "Upgrade";
6) The process of flashing must to begin. After successful installation Rockbox will start automatically

Rockboxing is independent of which version of the factory firmware you have installed.

Since this is a dual boot set up, you can simply use the slide lock switch to revert to xDuoo O/I and update the factory firmware. 

May 8, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #255 of 2,617
Hi!
I'm desperate. I've just bought the X3 (the newest model) and unfortunately I've noticed there's this flaw in the product: the very first second of the songs in the unit is "cut" in the beginning, that is, the very first second of every song is missing - which is definitely an issue. Yesterday I reported the problem to the customer service. Find below the unbelievable response:

"That 1 second missing is because we had it cut, if not, there will be a crackling sound every time you play a song or skip. So I'm afraid we can't fix that now."

In my opinion, such a "solution" is plain arbitrary and because of that I'm really considering the possibility of selling the product - unless there is anything I can do first, since I really liked both the looking and the sound of the player (I don't consider myself an audiophile, just a music lover that prefers flac files to mp3 files and sees the difference). I once had the FiiO X3 and it had the same problem, which was quickly solved when I installed the most recent firmware then available. However, I've noticed that my unit has the newest firmware already. How do you cope with such a problem (if any)? According to the response above, I believe this imperfection is present in every unit. Do you think that by installing Rockbox the problem would be solved? What can I do?

Thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back