Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Sep 30, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #481 of 1,316
Hi.I meet some issues with the french language in some themes (cabbiebasso for exemple). Each letter with accent (à â é è ê) disappears completely. This issue did not exist on your last FW). Thanks

Oct 2, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #485 of 1,316
Urgent help needed !!!

Just rockboxed DX90, booting to Rockbox OK, applied theme, all looks good, but I just cannot figure out how to display my folder view 
confused_face(1).gif

I was using rockbox on iRiver for 15 years and what I would like to see is after boot-up to display my folders i.e. Prog Rock, Jazz Instrumentals, Classical etc. Each of these folders contain subfolders sorted by Artist Names (alphabetical order) and then Albums.

Never ever used Playlist or any other fancy database setup, just plain folder navigation.

I tried a lots of different things, but I must be having a brainfart not to be able to set it up. Please help.

Cheers.

Oct 2, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #486 of 1,316
  Urgent help needed !!!

Just rockboxed DX90, booting to Rockbox OK, applied theme, all looks good, but I just cannot figure out how to display my folder view 
confused_face(1).gif

I was using rockbox on iRiver for 15 years and what I would like to see is after boot-up to display my folders i.e. Prog Rock, Jazz Instrumentals, Classical etc. Each of these folders contain subfolders sorted by Artist Names (alphabetical order) and then Albums.

Never ever used Playlist or any other fancy database setup, just plain folder navigation.

I tried a lots of different things, but I must be having a brainfart not to be able to set it up. Please help.

Cheers.

In the main screen go to file. That is your file view. The folder list you see depends on how you transfer music/folders to your SDCard. 

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #487 of 1,316
On Main Screen I see Files, Database, Resume Playback.....

When I open Files I see SDcard, Storage, Sys, etc

In SDcard I see Apps, Playlist, Rockbox and nothing else 
confused_face(1).gif

I've got proper folder view in Mango in My Music. 

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #488 of 1,316
  On Main Screen I see Files, Database, Resume Playback.....

When I open Files I see SDcard, Storage, Sys, etc

In SDcard I see Apps, Playlist, Rockbox and nothing else 
confused_face(1).gif

I've got proper folder view in Mango in My Music. 

it's in Files, mnt, external_sd.

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #489 of 1,316
Thank you good Sir 
beerchug.gif

Obvious question follows: Is there any way to make this the default position after boot?

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #491 of 1,316
I was using rockbox on iRiver for 15 years

I'm also a longtime rockbox on iriver user (IHP-120) and this 15 years made me curious to find out when it really started. I had rockbox on it since spring 2005 and it was buggy at that time. I did not find the "ladies an gentlemen we have sound" mail for it. IHP-100 was released in 2004 and according to wikipedia the port to it was started in late 2004. So 10 years are probably the maximum for Iriver players.
Sorry I did not want to be a nitpicker, you just made me curious.
¡Viva Rockbox!

Oct 2, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #492 of 1,316
Project in 2001. First release in 2002 (Archos). So definitively not 15 terrestrial years. XD

Oct 2, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #493 of 1,316
I'll take 15 back, got too carried away. It could be ten years thou, got my DAP as soon as they hit the market and I remember going thru fair bit of rockbox daily builds. It was buggy at first, but still far better than iRiver FW. That was rather primitive compared to Rockbox.

Were you guys on misticriver forums?

Oct 3, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #494 of 1,316
  press and hold the external_sd folder.

The context menu will appear. 

Select "Start File Browser here"

Thank you. Happy rockbox camper now. 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back