Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Jul 24, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #62 of 1,316
It's always been up to 16/48. Anything higher is down-sampled on the fly. Properly downsampling hires files to equivalent 16 bit sampling rate (e.g. SoX) is the best way to go with Rockbox.

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #63 of 1,316

I was listening to rockbox last night,same sdcard I used with my rockboxed dx50 and also got a crackling or grainy kind of noise which i never experienced on files which i played on my dx50 and also the stock firmware.. I only heard it about 5 times so far,and it varies from the start of a track to showing up anytime during a track..You can hear the crackling for maybe about 4-5 seconds..

Which files exact did you hear the crackling sound? (24 bit, 16 bit or compressed?) and in which format (mp3, flac?)

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #64 of 1,316

Which files exact did you hear the crackling sound? (24 bit, 16 bit or compressed?) and in which format (mp3, flac?)

They were all 16bit flacs where this seem to be occurring..only happened a handful of times in fairness and lasts a few seconds.. You could be listening for about 2 to 3 hours and it will show up the odd time,so it could be quite tricky to pinpoint the issue i guess.. But I will be flashing the updated version later,will see then if it still shows up..

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #65 of 1,316

They were all 16bit flacs where this seem to be occurring..only happened a handful of times in fairness and lasts a few seconds.. You could be listening for about 2 to 3 hours and it will show up the odd time,so it could be quite tricky to pinpoint the issue i guess.. But I will be flashing the updated version later,will see then if it still shows up..

I have been listening 4 hours straight now and few more the last couple of days. Still don't notice any. It should not escape me if it last 4-5 seconds.

Also are you using the database browsing or file browsing? I have not tried the database yet only the file browsing.

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #66 of 1,316

I have been listening 4 hours straight now and few more the last couple of days. Still don't notice any. It should not escape me if it last 4-5 seconds.

Also are you using the database browsing or file browsing? I have not tried the database yet only the file browsing.

I built up my database last night,a 128gb sd card,128gb usb stick and the internal memory so I have been doing all browsing by the database rather than going through the mnt option..

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #67 of 1,316

I built up my database last night,a 128gb sd card,128gb usb stick and the internal memory so I have been doing all browsing by the database rather than going through the mnt option..

when you hear the crackling sound where is the file stored? Internal, USB stick or external SD?

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #68 of 1,316
Hi, I've been having problems trying to get the DX90 to recognize my Sandisk 128gb microSD card after installing Rockbox with no sucess. First of all, yes it is a legitimate microSD card from Sandisk bought from Amazon. When I use the stock firmware V2.1.0, the memory card works perfectly fine and is recognizable. When I install the firmware with V2.1.0 and Rockbox, the memory card is no longer recognizable and it frustrates me. When I use the batchtool to revert back to stock firmware V2.1.0 without Rockbox, the memory card becomes recognizable again and vice versa. Any possible solutions to this? 

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #70 of 1,316

when you hear the crackling sound where is the file stored? Internal, USB stick or external SD?

On the sd card, I keep my fav artists on there as the otg eats the battery
biggrin.gif

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #71 of 1,316
Hi, I've been having problems trying to get the DX90 to recognize my Sandisk 128gb microSD card after installing Rockbox with no sucess. First of all, yes it is a legitimate microSD card from Sandisk bought from Amazon. When I use the stock firmware V2.1.0, the memory card works perfectly fine and is recognizable. When I install the firmware with V2.1.0 and Rockbox, the memory card is no longer recognizable and it frustrates me. When I use the batchtool to revert back to stock firmware V2.1.0 without Rockbox, the memory card becomes recognizable again and vice versa. Any possible solutions to this? 

The SD card is in files > mnt > external sd
I had a hard time finding it too
Or do you mean not recognizable on your computer?

Jul 24, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #72 of 1,316
^
It is not recognizable on the computer and the DX90 itself both stock firmware and Rockbox.

Jul 24, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #74 of 1,316

Which file system format is your SD Card? It should be FAT32. Otherwise rockbox won't recognize it.

Jul 24, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #75 of 1,316

Which file system format is your SD Card? It should be FAT32. Otherwise rockbox won't recognize it.

Ah thank you, its in exFAT. Now I'm pretty sure it will work when I format it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back