Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Jul 24, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #46 of 1,316

First of all, thank you very much for porting this :) A good thing that you will do this later especially for the font since some of my music collection is in Japanese...

I just want to get a running version out as soon as possible so people with different use case than me can help check and uncover any hidden bugs.

Jul 24, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #47 of 1,316
Enjoying the first release as I write. No problems so far just the clarity of the DX90 revealed.
biggrin.gif

Thanks very much.

Just one request from me as I cannot move files onto the Rockbox player using ADB with my Mac. Would it be possible to include a small number of additional Themes for the While Playing Screen as was included in the final rockbox release for the DX50

Did you do the factory reset from the settings menu in Mango? When updating FW the /data and /cache partitions become dirty and this affects adb. That's why I put it in the install instructions in the first page.

Also make sure that you have the API Level 19 package in your SDK.

ADB is enabled in the RB FW. It's active also active in Mango provided your USB setting is set to "charge only".

Anyway I plan to include a few themes most people used in DX50 and all the fonts in future releases.

To be frank, I was relating to my experience with the DX50 when my Mac would never see the DX50, so I gave up. It seems it may be easier with the Dx90. Having said that it seems like you will be including all that I might need in future releases, so thank you again.

BTW - for those who aren't sure about installing Rockbox, I would say do it, like with the Dx50, rockbox on the Dx90 improves the sound.

Jul 24, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #49 of 1,316
Jul 24, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #50 of 1,316
Just one request from me as I cannot move files onto the Rockbox player using ADB with my Mac. Would it be possible to include a small number of additional Themes for the While Playing Screen as was included in the final rockbox release for the DX50

Not necessary to include it in the img! See my installing How To :

Quote:
  Theme Installation How-To
  1. Download any Theme you like from the official Rockbox page as a packed zip:
    http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?target=cowond2
  2. connect your player to the computer and open the internal memory (usual name: DX50). There should be a folder "rockbox", open it
  3. open the downloaded theme zip file. In the zip file there is a folder named ".rockbox" (yes, with a dot)
  4. Open the ".rockbox" folder in your theme-zip and extract all the content to your "rockbox" folder on your player
  5. you're done, now you can select your new theme in Settings -> Theme Settings -> Browse Theme Files

Jul 24, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #51 of 1,316
I have uploaded a build with prev button still off. But otherwise fully working Roxbox. The link is available in the first post in the first page of this thread.

Massive thanks for you and Cholero, man! :D I guess a time to order my own DX90 has finally arrived :o2smile:
...and now - thanks to you guys - with a fully functional Rockbox waiting to be installed as soon as it sails into my bay :atsmile:

Jul 24, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #53 of 1,316
  by "FW button" I take it you mean touchscreen?

I don't encounter the cracking sound yet when switching tracks. Whay sorts of file type (e.g mp3, flac) and format (24 or 16 bit) you have?

I only have 16-bit - 44/48 khz files. (mostly downsampled from a 24 bit remastered copy) and all in ALAC.

By FW button I meant the physical button. But the same thing happens to me when selecting tracks from the touch screen.
I have almost exclusively CD-quality FLACs, nothing extraordinary. Noticed it on some mp3s too. It seems to happen randomly, playing the same track again usually does not make it repeat itself:frowning2:

Jul 24, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #54 of 1,316
By FW button I meant the physical button. But the same thing happens to me when selecting tracks from the touch screen.
I have almost exclusively CD-quality FLACs, nothing extraordinary. Noticed it on some mp3s too. It seems to happen randomly, playing the same track again usually does not make it repeat itself:frowning2:

Did you do a factory reset after you flashed the rockbox firmware? If not I suggest you do so it clears the /data and /cache partition.

I've been trying to repicate the scenarion you describe and I don't hear any cracking issues. Not even once.

Maybe somebody else who has tried rockbox on DX90 could verify this as well.

Jul 24, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #55 of 1,316
Did you do a factory reset after you flashed the rockbox firmware? If not I suggest you do so it clears the /data and /cache partition.

I've been trying to repicate the scenarion you describe and I don't hear any cracking issues. Not even once.

Maybe somebody else who has tried rockbox on DX90 could verify this as well.

Yes, I followed the instructions and did the factory reset in Mango. I did it with the memory card pulled off from the player - I guess that does not matter?

Let's just wait if someone can confirm it. In the meantime, I will to play with Rockbox settings to see if there's something that makes this problem disappear.

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #56 of 1,316
Not necessary to include it in the img! See my installing How To :

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholero /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Theme Installation How-To
  • Download any Theme you like from the official Rockbox page as a packed zip:
    http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?target=cowond2
  • connect your player to the computer and open the internal memory (usual name: DX50). There should be a folder "rockbox", open it
  • open the downloaded theme zip file. In the zip file there is a folder named ".rockbox" (yes, with a dot)
  • Open the ".rockbox" folder in your theme-zip and extract all the content to your "rockbox" folder on your player
  • you're done, now you can select your new theme in Settings -> Theme Settings -> Browse Theme Files

Looks easy, as long as you know how! My IMac couldn't see the DX50 but maybe that will change with the Dx90. Will try over the weekend.

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #57 of 1,316
Yes, I followed the instructions and did the factory reset in Mango. I did it with the memory card pulled off from the player - I guess that does not matter?

Let's just wait if someone can confirm it. In the meantime, I will to play with Rockbox settings to see if there's something that makes this problem disappear.

Did you rule out your micro sd card?
Try a different card or load few tracks to internal memory.

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #60 of 1,316
  Great work headwhacker and one big thank you.

I have one issue to report - sometimes when changing a track via FW button or by picking new one from the list, the first few seconds of playback are messed up - I can hear repeated cracking sound in the recording. Other times it works just fine. Perhaps Rockbox does some database updating at the beginning of playback that consumes too much CPU time or something like that? Is someone else experiencing this?

I was listening to rockbox last night,same sdcard I used with my rockboxed dx50 and also got a crackling or grainy kind of noise which i never experienced on files which i played on my dx50 and also the stock firmware.. I only heard it about 5 times so far,and it varies from the start of a track to showing up anytime during a track..You can hear the crackling for maybe about 4-5 seconds..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back