Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Jul 23, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #32 of 1,316
  The prev button looks to be more challenging to resolve than I thought. The key code value is the same as the next/fwd button. Meaning, when activated, both buttons do the same function.

May I know, how you're identifying key code values of the buttons? If it's by running OFW, can you make sure it's not in shuffle mode?
I'm sorry, if this is a dumb question. Just, trying to help with my limited observation.

Jul 23, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #33 of 1,316
Had to insert some code to capture the keycodes while pressing the buttons. I found some interesting behavior. Cholero and I are trying a few workarounds. But it has to wait tomorrow I have to go to bed now :)

Jul 23, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #38 of 1,316
Great work headwhacker and one big thank you.

I have one issue to report - sometimes when changing a track via FW button or by picking new one from the list, the first few seconds of playback are messed up - I can hear repeated cracking sound in the recording. Other times it works just fine. Perhaps Rockbox does some database updating at the beginning of playback that consumes too much CPU time or something like that? Is someone else experiencing this?

Jul 23, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #39 of 1,316
  Great work headwhacker and one big thank you.

I have one issue to report - sometimes when changing a track via FW button or by picking new one from the list, the first few seconds of playback are messed up - I can hear repeated cracking sound in the recording. Other times it works just fine. Perhaps Rockbox does some database updating at the beginning of playback that consumes too much CPU time or something like that? Is someone else experiencing this?

by "FW button" I take it you mean touchscreen?

I don't encounter the cracking sound yet when switching tracks. Whay sorts of file type (e.g mp3, flac) and format (24 or 16 bit) you have?

I only have 16-bit - 44/48 khz files. (mostly downsampled from a 24 bit remastered copy) and all in ALAC.

Jul 23, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #40 of 1,316
Update: The problem with the prev button is now fixed. I have yet to create a new build and upload it tonight.

Thanks to Cholero for helping me identify the exact behavior of Rockbox on DX90 when pressing a button. It appears the prev button is unique and different from other buttons for some reason.
beerchug.gif

Jul 24, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #41 of 1,316
Great news... Amazing work, guys. Can't wait for the release?

Jul 24, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #42 of 1,316
I have uploaded a build with prev button still off. But otherwise fully working Roxbox. The link is available in the first post in the first page of this thread.

Jul 24, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #43 of 1,316
Update: The problem with the prev button is now fixed. I have yet to create a new build and upload it tonight.

Thanks to Cholero for helping me identify the exact behavior of Rockbox on DX90 when pressing a button. It appears the prev button is unique and different from other buttons for some reason.
beerchug.gif

Enjoying the first release as I write. No problems so far just the clarity of the DX90 revealed. :D

Thanks very much.

Just one request from me as I cannot move files onto the Rockbox player using ADB with my Mac. Would it be possible to include a small number of additional Themes for the While Playing Screen as was included in the final rockbox release for the DX50

Jul 24, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #44 of 1,316
Enjoying the first release as I write. No problems so far just the clarity of the DX90 revealed.
biggrin.gif

Thanks very much.

Just one request from me as I cannot move files onto the Rockbox player using ADB with my Mac. Would it be possible to include a small number of additional Themes for the While Playing Screen as was included in the final rockbox release for the DX50

Did you do the factory reset from the settings menu in Mango? When updating FW the /data and /cache partitions become dirty and this affects adb. That's why I put it in the install instructions in the first page.

Also make sure that you have the API Level 19 package in your SDK.

ADB is enabled in the RB FW. It's active also active in Mango provided your USB setting is set to "charge only".

Anyway I plan to include a few themes most people used in DX50 and all the fonts in future releases.

Jul 24, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #45 of 1,316

Anyway I plan to include a few themes most people used in DX50 and all the fonts in future releases.

First of all, thank you very much for porting this :) A good thing that you will do this later especially for the font since some of my music collection is in Japanese...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back