Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Apr 12, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #1,217 of 1,316
I just installed Rockbox consistent with Lurker's V2.4LO.  It seems to have installed successfully, but as a 1st-time Rockbox user I need a manual to tell me how I can operate basic functions.  Trying to find the info in the prior pages but am unsuccessful.  Can anyone point me to a link?

I tried the Rockbox website & appropriate page & saw the DX90 icon but it doesn't seem to have a download link for a manual.

Many thanks to anyone who can point me to some manual or tutorial!

Apr 12, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #1,219 of 1,316
Excellent; thanks Cholero.  The iBasso does not have up & down buttons but does have the touchscreen & L/R buttons, so I think you answered my next question as to similar physical functionality of a DAP that has a manual.

Also, thanks for your hard work on Rockbox!  I am looking forward to being up & running with it soon.

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #1,220 of 1,316

I am eventually getting along with my Rockboxed DX90 but have run into a couple of snags in working through its functionalty:

1.  My songs are all contained on a microSD card, and I see my songs in the Database but I can’t find them in Files anywhere using the File Browser.  When I am in Mango, the software recognizes the songs normally.  Is there any kind of Rockbox-specific scanning or initialization? If I go to Files, what subfolder should they be contained in?

2.  I randomly found the Context Menu, but I don’t know how to get there.  In the chronology of operation what should it be in front of and behind?  I need it & can't readily pull it up.

3.  The only “controls” that are Rockbox-operative working on the DX90 seem to be the 3 buttons & the upper left corner of the touchscreen.  Am I missing another functional control?

4.  I am sort of lost in the D2 manual section 4.1 on File Browsing because I can’t find the files.  Section 4.1.1 has a detailed table of File Browser controls, and I am trying to figure out how to replicate it for the DX90 by referring the 4.1.1 table to Section 3.1.1. Player’s Controls.

5.  Any way to disable cover art?

Can anyone shed some light on any of these for me.  I am loving it so far but would like to get better at it.  Thanks.

Apr 17, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #1,221 of 1,316
1. The files are in /mnt/external_sd. The internal storage in /mnt/sdcard. I recommend to start file browser in /mnt or better /mnt/external_sd. To do thi, navigate to the folder, open the contect menu and select "start browser from here" (or similar)

2. the context menu appers when you long press play button. In WPS depending on the which build you use, you cannot access the context menu without using touchscreen.

3. There is power, hold,  vol+,  vol- and the 3 buttons on the front. The touchscreen is either absolute point (theme dependant, only some have touchscreen integration) or "3x3":

4. this virtual buttons should work if you have "3x3" touchscreen mode enabled. The most important functions can also be accessed with the physical buttons:
 up in list: button left
 down in list: button right
 one level up: power button
 Play/execute/enter folder: play button
 context: long press play

5. Only some themes use coverart. Choose a different theme... If you want this specific theme without coverart, you have to edit the .wps file and remove the %Cd Tag (see here)

Apr 17, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #1,223 of 1,316
As far I understand current version of rockbox is patched to disable second core. How I can enable that second core? I would like check is there will be difference...

At one point, the second core was enabled in one of the builds. The effect was negative to both system response and sound quality. It was quickly disabled and never enabled again.

Apr 18, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #1,225 of 1,316

Cholero, thank you very much for the feedback.  The file browser search worked perfectly & I am now fully functional in Files.
One question:  in 3., you said that the touchscreen is either "absolute point" or "3X3".
Where do I go to see if my unit & theme are capable of being "3X3" touchscreen enabled?  I do get the playlist by going to bottom right, and top left does in fact take me to the main menu.  Not sure about the "context" (upper right).
I think I just need to know where the setting would be available.  Thanks!

Apr 18, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #1,226 of 1,316
Tdweis: I answered this in the thread you created on the Rockbox site;

http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,51289.msg237081.html#msg237081

General Settings>Display>LCD Settings>Touchscreen Settings>Touchscreen Mode

Apr 18, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #1,227 of 1,316

tackytiger, thanks very much for the reply on the Forum.  I posed one question of clarification for you, but don't want to repeat here as to clutter up the head-fi thread.  Whenever you can take a moment to answer is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back