Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Apr 17, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #797 of 1,316
What do you mean modern rb? I used headwackers 2.1.5 with dual boot. Are the instruction the same? I used the insturction from the first page. I did not download napka's version brcasue it did not work for me. Somehow my dx90 does not do anything when i try to download the last napka's version so i stuck with headwackers and no problem.

Apr 17, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #798 of 1,316
Anyone working on a dual-boot version of the just released 2.2.0 Lurker0 firmware yet??? 

The feedback on stock 2.2.0 has been so positive, I want to try it.  No bug reports yet and Lurker0 himself said iBasso have made all of his usual improvements and then some!  The only thing the L0 version actually does in this firmware is change the font. 

We just need a dual boot image so we don't lose access to our Rockbox.  :)

Apr 21, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #803 of 1,316
Apr 21, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #806 of 1,316
A few questions (current theme failsafe):

- Is there a way where I can turn off the screen with the power button? Like holding it or double tapping? Maybe on the now playing screen?

- When the screen is off, can I still use the physical buttons like normal without having to press them twice? Right now, I have to press once to light up the screen and another time to perform the button's duty. I also want the buttons to work on any screen. I don't care for the pause/play button as select key.

Apr 22, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #809 of 1,316

Someone tried it? I tried to install it from SD but the recovery shows firmware not recognized. 

Finally, I got to install FW 2.2.0 + Lurker's L0 + RB Loader, first I followed the instructions from the first page and then I installed this firm. However, I am able to boot Mango but when I try to boot Rockbox it shows an error: Rockbox installation missing.

How can I make to have Rockbox working?

Thanks.

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #810 of 1,316

Finally, I got to install FW 2.2.0 + Lurker's L0 + RB Loader, first I followed the instructions from the first page and then I installed this firm. However, I am able to boot Mango but when I try to boot Rockbox it shows an error: Rockbox installation missing.

How can I make to have Rockbox working?

Thanks.

napka's rockbox build is here.

http://napych.com/other/rockbox-for-ibasso-dx90/official-rockbox-binary-builds/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back