Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Sep 17, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #421 of 1,316

I tried this with flac files (converted from alac) but I don't get that message. It may not be a bug, It must have something to do with missing/incorrect tag?

If you convert your flac to alac and still get that message when you set the rating, then there must be something in the file's tag.

You are right. I converted the flacs to alac and it still doesn't work. It must be the tag, since I now found some flac files that work without any problems. Thanks again!

Sep 17, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #422 of 1,316
By the way, anybody knows if there is some "tags checker" software for cleanup purposes ?

Sep 18, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #424 of 1,316
I have a question @headwhacker:

I'm using the meenova microSD Card reader and whenever I plug it in, Rockbox tells me the battery is charging.
Rockbox also wouldn't shutdown automatically with the adapter plugged in.

Is there a way to make it possible for Rockbox to distinguish between a plugged in USB OTG device and a cable to charge the player?

Sep 18, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #426 of 1,316
In sound setting, Bass or Treble react instantatly.

"Full" EQ is always delayed, and there is no buffering setting for shortening that, as far I know.

Sep 18, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #427 of 1,316
  I have a question @headwhacker:

I'm using the meenova microSD Card reader and whenever I plug it in, Rockbox tells me the battery is charging.
Rockbox also wouldn't shutdown automatically with the adapter plugged in.

Is there a way to make it possible for Rockbox to distinguish between a plugged in USB OTG device and a cable to charge the player?

That's strange, I have a microSD card reader and it works when I plug it in. When you plug in the meenova, do you see it's contents at /mnt/usb_storage?

Mine shuts down normally even with the card reader inserted.

Is your usb setting from Mango set to "storage" or is it "charge only"? Mine is set to "charge only".

Sep 18, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #428 of 1,316

That's strange, I have a microSD card reader and it works when I plug it in. When you plug in the meenova, do you see it's contents at /mnt/usb_storage?

Mine shuts down normally even with the card reader inserted.

Is your usb setting from Mango set to "storage" or is it "charge only"? Mine is set to "charge only".

It works fine and I can see it's contents. It's just about seeing the charging battery logo even though its obviously not charging. It seems like it cannot tell if an USB OTG device is plugged in or a simple cable to recharge the battery. I guess that's also the reason why it's not shutting down when I set a time with the idle power off option. Turning off the player manually has always worked fine.

It makes no difference if it's set to "storage" or "charge only" in Mango. The behavior stays the same.

Sep 18, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #429 of 1,316
  It works fine and I can see it's contents. It's just about seeing the charging battery logo even though its obviously not charging. It seems like it cannot tell if an USB OTG device is plugged in or a simple cable to recharge the battery. I guess that's also the reason why it's not shutting down when I set a time with the idle power off option. Turning off the player manually has always worked fine.

It makes no difference if it's set to "storage" or "charge only" in Mango. The behavior stays the same.

Ok, I have not tried it yet but I'll look into the idle power off with an SD card reader inserted when I get the chance.

Sep 19, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #430 of 1,316

AFAIR there's resistor between two contacts in USB chargers. Device can detect if it is connected to charger or OTG device and OTG devices don't drain power from each other.
I guess that's why your DX90 thinks your card reader has charging feature and it's not about software. Try another card reader or try to connect yours via OTG 3-ended cable if you have one, one end is usually power drain protected.

Sep 19, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #432 of 1,316

Looks like Rockbox thinks it's connected to a power source if a USB sdcard reader is attached.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back