Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Oct 25, 2017 at 4:10 AM Post #1,996 of 2,020
Just to let you guys know I released some themes specifically made for rockbox on the DX50/90 today. If you want to take a look you can grab them here: https://github.com/ctnieves/iBassoDX-Rockbox-Themes

Here's a few screenshots:
NievesPLAY.sbs.png
NievesPLAY.wps.png
NievesRED.sbs.png
NievesRED.wps.png

NievesGREEN.sbs.png
NievesGREEN.wps.png
NievesBLUE.sbs.png
NievesBLUE.wps.png

Nov 7, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #1,999 of 2,020
The batter is compatible to the Samsung galaxy S3 battery. On battery market there are unfortunately many bad quality batteries and many of them are sold as “original” or have an incredible capacity stated. If you can get an original S3 battery somewhere I think you should be happy.

Nov 7, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #2,000 of 2,020
Depending on your usage of your DX50 you might want to try what I did. There are several versions of batteries that will "fit", sort of - extended range ones that are a bit bigger (thicker) than the originals. I can't recall the exact brand I got, but there are several like it on amazon - like this one - https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-GT-i9300-Extended-Capacity-Replacement/dp/B008CCRHVS/
If you have the silicone case you can use that to hold it in, and it works fine for my use, which is mostly just sitting in my car. And of course you battery life more than doubles - for the amount of driving I do, if I run the DX50 all the time, I only have to charge it every 2 weeks or so. And I've had it for more than a year now, it's worked with no problems so far.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #2,003 of 2,020
Hey guys, DX50 Rockbox user here:

Version:7be4133-140315

Having trouble with "Save Current Playlist" from the Playlist Catalogue. When I try to save the playlist I get "Error accessing playlist file".

I've tried to change where it saves but I keep getting same error.

The default save says:

<Home>/Playlists/dynamic.m3u8

What's weird is that I can create a playlist just fine and save it to my sd card just fine. Any suggestions?

Dec 12, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #2,004 of 2,020
Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #2,005 of 2,020
Having trouble with "Save Current Playlist" from the Playlist Catalogue. When I try to save the playlist I get "Error accessing playlist file".

I've tried to change where it saves but I keep getting same error.

The default save says:

<Home>/Playlists/dynamic.m3u8

What's weird is that I can create a playlist just fine and save it to my sd card just fine. Any suggestions?

What is <Home> set to ? In the Android OS file system - there is no /home directory.

Try this...
- using the file browser, go to the directory where your currently saved playlists are, or create a /mnt/sdcard/playlist directory....
- select the directory with the cursor
- hold-down play to bring up the menu & select playlist catalogue
- select Set as Playlists Catalogue Directory
- it should now default save as your chosen playlist store directory.

May 12, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #2,007 of 2,020
Hey cholero, i don't know if you'll see this but i want to give you a huuuuge thank you for all your work.

I just got a DX50 so that i could just copy+paste my music collection to my player without worrying about transcoding and replaygain.
I at first followed the instructions in the first post of this thread, but rockbox would reset when i tried to play a file or change a setting.

I was worried i'd wasted my money, BUT: while searching this thread i found your post with updated firmware, and everything works great now!
Thanks so much!

May 13, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #2,008 of 2,020
Hey cholero, i don't know if you'll see this but i want to give you a huuuuge thank you for all your work.
Cool, there are still new dx50 owners that are appreciating the advantages of rockbox over the official firware.
It is always good to get thanks but the main credits go to @xzcc who did the inital port and to the professional programmer @ArgelErx who did the whole code-reorganization in the rockbox repository.
Enjoy your rockboxed DX50 :L3000:

Apr 24, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #2,010 of 2,020
Hello again. I wonder if it would be possible to apply the Modern User Interface patch to a more recent build of Rockbox?
I'm trying out the latest dev build to see if it resolves a couple issues i've been having (occasionally, sound cuts out for a fraction of a second in one channel and the other channel is very loud), but i really miss the features of this patch.
I'm clueless with this stuff, maybe the code isn't even compatible with the master branch anymore, i don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back