Rock music without vocals
Jan 26, 2008 at 7:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

arteom

1000+ Head-Fier
recently I have been interested in rock music, but personally I think theres too much music that is crowded with vocals. So I am looking for music that has minimal amount of vocals, or none at all.

some artists/groups that ive found are : Tortoise, Yndi Halda

anyone care to recommend some artists/groups?

Jan 26, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #6 of 37
You've all missed the master of guitar; Joe Satriani.
Let him rock you for a while :wink:

Jan 26, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #8 of 37
Explosions In The Sky comes to mind. Perhaps some Pelican. Also for metal, Mastery is thrash metal band without vocalist, all instrumental.

Jan 27, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #10 of 37
If the older stuff suits you, then check out The Allman Brothers. It's southern rock at its finest. Mountain Jam is over 30 minutes and not one vocal. They have several other tunes without vocals. Most of their stuff has vocals, so don't expect full albums of vocal free material.

Jan 27, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #11 of 37
If you like tortoise, you will probably like Mogwai, especially good with headphones.

Jan 27, 2008 at 6:18 AM Post #14 of 37
Souvenir's Young America "An Ocean without Water" is one of my current favorites. Not terribly hardcore though. Mentioned in previous posts, but Pelican is also great. Their album "The Fire in Our Throats will Beckon the Thaw" is amazing, but "City of Echoes" is a bit harder, IMO. Bass-heavy though. On lower-end speakers and headphones you'll get some fuzz. I also like Kinski and Glider.

You could always create your own mix too. Back in the pre-"Enter Sandman" days, Metallica used to do some pretty amazing instrumental cuts. "To Live is to Die" is still one of my favorite pieces of music.

Tock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back