Rock listeners, Metal Fans .... Please help this newbie here
Aug 20, 2011 at 10:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

zxcv314

New Head-Fier
       Hi all :) 

1)   I listen Metal and Rock music  
2)   I am student.    
3)   I want Over The Ear headphones with good sound isolation and descent sound quality.    
4)   My budget is estimated around 60$ but it may expand easily if something good comes up over the horizon.

So here's what I would like to see from you:

Best (in your opinion) for metal/rock music over the ear headphones with price up to 75$:

1)    Most recommended suggestion
2)    Second most recommended suggestion
3)    Third most recommended suggestion

Best (in your opinion) for metal/rock music over the ear headphones with price up to 150$

1)    The only and most recommended suggestion in this group

________________________________________________________________________________________

* I want only 3 suggestions for "Group up to 75$" and only single one for "Group up to 150$"
** I am willing to get 4,5 replies and it is clear that if all of them suggest only one competitor for the "150$ Group" - this is it.

Thanks to all who will cooperate me

Aug 20, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #7 of 33

Quote:
they look fantastic indeed and are over the ear (guess this guarantees fantastic isolation) the price is fantastic :) :) good bargain I guess.. Tx

Quote:
obv NO......
costia can you say something feeding my unfulfilled needs to gather information of what headphones will be useful for me ? 

Heya,

Do not look at the Skullcandies.

Do however, look at the Sony ZX700.

Very best,

Aug 21, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #9 of 33
You want something that kicks ass for rock and will set you back a mere $50.. Look at my read... I listen to slayer, metallica, Pantera  ect and nothing including my Zx700 touches this can for rock metal.. http://www.head-fi.org/t/567900/09-m50-reincarnated-the-kicker-hp541-a-headfi-first-duo-take#post_7695234 .. I can't speak for the sennheisers mentioned but.. I truly doubt those will better for rock/ metal..

Aug 21, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #12 of 33

Quote:
i would vote for grado sr80 for rock music 
Not much bass , but they are very clear. guitars sound awesome on these

This.  There are dozens of threads just like this one and you'll see Grado is the most common suggestion.

Aug 21, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #13 of 33
Grado isn't a good suggestion.

3)   I want Over The Ear headphones with good sound isolation and descent sound quality.    

Grados offer no sound isolation.

Similarly the Superlux is semi-open. It offers some isolation, but not as much as a fully sealed headphone.

I don't know how much the Creative Aurvana Live! isolates, but it's fully closed and probably blocks sound better than the Superlux. If the OP can shop at U.S. Amazon, it's on sale for $60.

Aug 21, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #14 of 33
op says he needs good isolation. Grados are not good for isolation (every1 will hear you, and you will hear everything around you).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back