Rock listeners, Metal Fans .... Please help this newbie here
Aug 21, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #16 of 33
Just to throw one more in, I have similar audio taste and just ordered a set of Shure SRH440s for right in your price range. They seem to have great reviews around here, which is why I ended up with them.

Aug 21, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #17 of 33
Samson SR850(Superlux HD668), Philips O' Neal, JVC RX900, DT770 and HFI580.

Aug 21, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #18 of 33

Quote:
Just to throw one more in, I have similar audio taste and just ordered a set of Shure SRH440s for right in your price range. They seem to have great reviews around here, which is why I ended up with them.

I also have those.. They are great all around cans but the reason why I prefer the kicker Hp541 for rock/metal .. For one it is the loudest can I own.. 126db.. You can't blow these even if you try.. The shures have a smoother overall sound balanced if you want that., but they are definitely for home use.. The kickers on the other hand can be used and drives extremely well on a portable as well as home use..The kickers really don't get much attention as they are budget cans but you guys would be completely surprised at how good they really are. 

Read my review on em they are comparable to the M50s but with better mids and bass..  Slayer never sounded so good.. They are so cheap I encourage everyone to try em actually.. I own over 30 headphones and many that are mentioned for suggestion and I still prefer the kicker over many top phones I own...

Aug 21, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #20 of 33

Ah okay, well they may fit better for his use then. Didn't think that when I looked I wanted a little more balance then just the Rock/Metal which is why I ended up with the Shures. I'm sure he'll end up with something good. :D
Quote:
I also have those.. They are great all around cans but the reason why I prefer the kicker Hp541 for rock/metal .. For one it is the loudest can I own.. 126db.. You can't blow these even if you try.. The shures have a smoother overall sound balanced if you want that., but they are definitely for home use.. The kickers on the other hand can be used and drives extremely well on a portable as well as home use..The kickers really don't get much attention as they are budget cans but you guys would be completely surprised at how good they really are. 

Read my review on em they are comparable to the M50s but with better mids and bass..  Slayer never sounded so good.. They are so cheap I encourage everyone to try em actually.. I own over 30 headphones and many that are mentioned for suggestion and I still prefer the kicker over many top phones I own...

Aug 21, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #21 of 33

Quote:
Ah okay, well they may fit better for his use then. Didn't think that when I looked I wanted a little more balance then just the Rock/Metal which is why I ended up with the Shures. I'm sure he'll end up with something good. :D

You will love your Shures.. One word comes to mind on those.. Smooth.. They are one of the smoothest sounding cans I own.. They also are gaming monsters. If you game using that and a Creative Xfi card It is unreal... The kickers have a more aggressive sound on em with full on bass and has some of the most authoritative mids I have in my staple ..That makes them one of my faves for not only rock/ metal but for vocals hip hop and trance.. $50 worth 4X more imo..

Aug 21, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #22 of 33
Thank you. I have been looking for that answer since I bought these cans. They're here tomorrow, and as a matter of fact, I will be using them with a Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Championship card and a Behringer Xenyx 1202FX mixer. They will be used mainly for gaming and music and I was hoping I had made a great choice for that use.

Quote:

You will love your Shures.. One word comes to mind on those.. Smooth.. They are one of the smoothest sounding cans I own.. They also are gaming monsters. If you game using that and a Creative Xfi card It is unreal... The kickers have a more aggressive sound on em with full on bass and has some of the most authoritative mids I have in my staple ..That makes them one of my faves for not only rock/ metal but for vocals hip hop and trance.. $50 worth 4X more imo..

Aug 21, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #23 of 33
Aug 21, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #24 of 33
I thought the XB500 aren't suitable for rock/metal music listener from what I read in head-fi forum 
confused_face_2.gif

Audio Technica ATH-M50 is a wise choice I guess, as there is no way to be disappointed from them, but come pricey.

Aug 21, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #25 of 33

Quote:
You want something that kicks ass for rock and will set you back a mere $50.. Look at my read... I listen to slayer, metallica, Pantera  ect and nothing including my Zx700 touches this can for rock metal.. http://www.head-fi.org/t/567900/09-m50-reincarnated-the-kicker-hp541-a-headfi-first-duo-take#post_7695234 .. I can't speak for the sennheisers mentioned but.. I truly doubt those will better for rock/ metal..

You tried really hard convincing me in the priority of the Kicker hp541 for rock/metal music ... and maybe I am heading to try them out myself :) Hope they don't disappoint me 

Aug 21, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #26 of 33

Quote:
Thank you. I have been looking for that answer since I bought these cans. They're here tomorrow, and as a matter of fact, I will be using them with a Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Championship card and a Behringer Xenyx 1202FX mixer. They will be used mainly for gaming and music and I was hoping I had made a great choice for that use.

I'll be thankful if you write down your Shure SRH440s impression when you get them. Hope they're bargain! 

Aug 21, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #27 of 33
No problem, I'm already scouring through my collection on what I want to test with. I'll definitely have a write up for them. I want to test them Stock, With the 840 pads, and no amp/amped with both sets of pads and see what combo best suits my tastes. Good luck finding a pair you're happy with!

Aug 21, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #28 of 33

Quote:
You tried really hard convincing me in the priority of the Kicker hp541 for rock/metal music ... and maybe I am heading to try them out myself :) Hope they don't disappoint me 

Well for one I listen to Slayer.. I am the only person on these forums that know what the kicker Hp541 does for Slayer. Monster for rock my friend just monster.. Try em out, for the cost they will not disappoint.  Post your take on my Kicker read once you get em.. Tell the guys how kick ass they sound once you get em.. I am trying to convince the masses around here how good they are for the price.. It will take a few guys trying them out to tell others on this GEM of a phone.

Aug 21, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #29 of 33
Alessandro's or Grado's. They are the best for Rock and Metal music. No isolation what-so-ever, but they are amazing for rock and metal.

Aug 21, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #30 of 33
Isolation is important for me, because when it's 3 AM and my mates sleep in the room .. and I am drunk and wanna crack my head with some music ........ I won't be able to do it without isolation. Plus, this will be common scenario. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back