RME ADI-2 Pro - DAC, Headamp, an a lot of more stunning features
Mar 24, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #481 of 594
Where and how did you get your cable terminated?
Home made Furutech / Mogami . I am sure one or more of our fellow HeadFi'ers can point you to a custom cable builder . Shame there is no "standard" for this type of connection . Good to know Mytek is not compatible I am sure you will not be the last to have this issue .
P1010004.JPG

Jun 22, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #483 of 594
Is there a way to have ADI-2 Pro automatically switch between the two digital inputs? (SPIDF & USB)

ADI-2 Pro seems to favor SPDIF and refuses to take USB signal as long as the SPDIF signal is active.

I was hoping to seamlessly switch between my iPad and PC while both are plugged in. (iPad - USB & PC - SPDIF).

Currently, the only way to get USB signal to play is by unplugging SPDIF, and that is quite the hassle.

Jun 22, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #484 of 594
You can change the automatic detection behaviour by pressing the setup button and selecting Basic Mode: DAC.

Now you can select manually which source input you want to use, not too sure how to make that action easy and intuitive on the ADI-2 without remote but you can probably remap a few things.

Jun 22, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #485 of 594
You can change the automatic detection behaviour by pressing the setup button and selecting Basic Mode: DAC.

Now you can select manually which source input you want to use, not too sure how to make that action easy and intuitive on the ADI-2 without remote but you can probably remap a few things.

This worked! It's not automatic switching, but this is perfectly good enough for me.

Thank you!

Jul 5, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #490 of 594
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=33390

2021-06-29 12:12:25

• MC
  • Administrator

Topic: Firmware Update FPGA 254 for ADI-2 Pro FS R BE​

This firmware update is a hotfix for an issue reported by forum user GoldenOne (better known as GoldenSound in YouTube). While measuring the Balanced Phones output of his ADI-2 Pro FS R BE he discovered a phase shift between left and right. Firmware version 254 fixes this.
Note 1: if you don't use the front balanced out you don't need to update right now, you might just wait for the next, bigger update.
Note 2: Only the latest PRO FS R BE (with AK4493) seem affected. We could not reproduce this issue with former PRO versions (which all have the AK4490). But the fix has been added to all models.
Note 3: The phase shift is a sub-sample delay between left and right channel and usually inaudible. It only occurs if one changes the DA filters and scrolls over NOS. It can also reset itself (snap back) when doing this again.
Note 4: The added resync method involves a short mute phase (0.4 s) whenever the filter is changed.
Windows:
http://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fut_madiface_win.zip
Mac:
http://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fut_madiface_mac.zip

Jul 5, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #492 of 594
If I understand this correctly the non "pro" users should not bother with this update?

Oct 2, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #494 of 594
Hello!! I have the ADI-2 Pro and I cannot connect an external headphone amplifier through the rear XLR output, I have tried to follow the manual and I must be very silly but I cannot get the sound ajaja
Could someone please tell me how to configure it to do this step by step in the menus. I would appreciate it eternally

Users who are viewing this thread

Back