Riviera AIC-10 headphones & speakers amplifier
Jul 7, 2022 at 2:46 AM Post #796 of 1,758
I just received my Grimm MU1 and use it with Dave. I would love to compare this pair to any other dacs as it sounds superb. I really wonder if anything can sound more analog.

But its good you put all of these on my list to try!
Mojo Mystique, Playback Designs, and Matrum/Sonnet are my top3 most analogue sounding dacs

I just used ifi Black Label Portable Dac with Riviera, OMG amazing stage and soooooo anologue! I am huge fan of Burrbrown chip and BL is my favorite audiophile dac and amp and one of my favorites even it doesn't has the micro details as TOTL dacs but it is soooooo musical and anologue!

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #799 of 1,758
Amazing meet up with my bro @goldwerger with his legendary R10 today! It sounds magical in my system with Riviera. The vocal, timber, separation and location are INSANE and one of its kind of its own league.

Legend never dies!!!!

The resolution is nuts! What impressed me most is the musical and moving factors that are missing in my other plannar, dynamic and electrostatic cans.

Attachments

• IMG20220710152138.jpg
    IMG20220710152138.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 10, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #800 of 1,758
Amazing meet up with my bro @goldwerger with his legendary R10 today! It sounds magical in my system with Riviera. The vocal, timber, separation and location are INSANE and one of its kind of its own league.

Legend never dies!!!!
Was a real pleasure buddy!

That Riviera lives up to its hipe. It soared with everything we through at it! (Susvara, MDR-R10, Atrium, SE-Master1).

Very memorable meet up :)

Jul 11, 2022 at 3:27 AM Post #801 of 1,758

Legend never dies!!!!

The resolution is nuts! What impressed me most is the musical and moving factors that are missing in my other plannar, dynamic and electrostatic cans.
Oh how I would love to try them! AKG1000 is the only headphone I tried that still has an edge on every other TOTL in some ways.

Jul 12, 2022 at 2:44 AM Post #802 of 1,758
【【耳机横评】 第十七期 HIFI耳机巅峰之战 HD800 VS SUSVARA 记得看评论-哔哩哔哩】 https://b23.tv/oQKI35l

Here is a sound demo of Viva 845 driving hd800s and susvara where sus clearly hasn't been driven to the fullest while hd800s sounds much opener driven effortless with ease by Viva, not a sweat!

It is interesting I have got similar feedback from owners of Viva 845 and Trafomatic Primavera that hd800s is driven to its maximum potentials by these amps while susvara feels a bit of less open and more congested BY CONTRAST.

For Riviera, the speaker out will definitely give Susvara speaker like sound with better macrodetails, while I the headphone output has better microdetails with slightly more nuances and details. Also, according to the designer of Riviera, the headphone amplifier of Riviera is better than speaker part, but speaker out definitely sounds more effortlessly with way better stage.

However, tonality I actually prefer hd800s with Riviera slightly more than susvara.

Jul 12, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #803 of 1,758
Hi guys,

I just wanted to tell you about my experience with Bryan Fox from Zynsonix.

On May 13th, 2022 I ordered his best cable for the Susvara, the Imperial Legate.
Bryan uses ultra pure ohno cast silver (UP-OCS) and I wanted 4 meters, 4 Banana rhodium plugs and 2.5mm rhodium headphone connectors (first generation of the Susvaras).

Bryan is a very nice guy and returned to my e-mails within minutes. He kept me up to date during the whole process of making the cable.
At last he optimized the shipping speed for me looking up the fastest and cost-friendly carrier to Germany.

I have been using the cable for several weeks now. This is the first time for me driving the Susvara on speaker taps.
Folks, what can I say? This is the best cable ever! From the first moment on I experienced music like never before.

It´s just wow: Everything sounds crystal clear and also effortless. What a pleasure!
The Imperial Legate isn´t cheap (it costs at least $1,345.00), but it´s worth every penny.
And it is light, very light!

Bryan did a fantastic job. The cable looks very well done! His craftsmanship is all over it!
Even his wife was at help with the Teflon wrapping and signed the card which was attached to the nicely packed box.

If you haven´t tried the Susvara on speaker taps, please do yourself a favor and stop by at zynsonix.com.

I use the Burson Conductor 3R as DAC since I purchased the Riviera amp.
The Riviera amp was a big investment I made over a year ago. I couldn´t resist. 🙃🙈

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #804 of 1,758
Hi guys,

I just wanted to tell you about my experience with Bryan Fox from Zynsonix.

On May 13th 2022 I ordered his best cable for the Susvara, the Imperial Legate.
Bryan uses ultra pure ohno cast silver (UP-OCS) and I wanted 4 meters, 4 Banana rhodium plugs and 2.5mm rhodium headphone connectors (first generation of the Susvaras).

Bryan is a very nice guy and returned to my e-mails within minutes. He kept me up to date during the whole process of making the cable.
At last he optimized the shipping speed for me looking up the fastest and cost-friendly carrier to Germany.

I´m using the cable for several weeks now. This is the first time for me driving the Susvara on speaker taps.
Folks, what can I say? This is the best cable ever! From the first moment on I experienced music like never before.

It´s just wow: Everything sounds crystal clear and also effortless. What a pleasure!
The Imperial Legate isn´t cheap (it costs at least $1,345.00), but it´s worth every penny.
And it is light, very light!

Bryan did a fantastic job. The cable looks very well done! His craftsmanship is all over it!
Even his wife was at help with the Teflon wrapping and signed the card which was attached to the nicely packed box.

If you haven´t tried the Susvara on speaker taps, please do yourself a favor and stop by at zynsonix.com.

I use the Burson Conductor 3R as DAC since I purchased the Riviera amp.
The Riviera amp was a big investment I made over a year ago. I couldn´t resist. 🙃🙈
Bryan’s work is excellent!

Btw, how comfortable is this flexible (softness, weight, etc)? I love good cables, but can never keep one if it isn’t super ergonomic…:wink:

Jul 12, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #806 of 1,758
I wanted to post 2 photos, but there was no button to attach a file from my local hard drive. Can you help me?
(You can either use the button “Attach files” that’s below on left side as you type a reply, or just “copy and paste” it to the message window as you type)

Jul 12, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #808 of 1,758
Thanks! Here are some photos of the beloved cable!
In my opinion the Imperial Legate is very flexible and light.
Thanks, very helpful! looks great.. :)

Jul 14, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #809 of 1,758
Yesterday I received a Tesla NOS 802 tube. It sounds just great. I have not gone back to JJ yet. Just enjoying an old favourite of mine I had not listened to for many years. Still a great album.36152DE9-98A0-4C6D-A7A0-DD2AE4C0CD97.png

Jul 15, 2022 at 4:04 AM Post #810 of 1,758
Today I went to a friend's place and check three amps: wa33, Canyin HA300 Mark II, as well as Niimbus US 5 Pro which share the most similar tonality to Riviera with stock tube. I am just shocked how close they sound!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back