Risk of overpowering headphones?
Jun 12, 2013 at 4:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

BeatMazterBlake

New Head-Fier
I picked up a Ultralink Pro MX882 8-Channel splitter a few weeks ago to hook up my KRK monitors to my desktop, I then recently got a pair of ATH-AD700 and a Pyle PHA40 Headphone amp. I am just wondering if plugging the headphone amp into the splitter could send to much power into the headphones thus some how messing up the drivers seeing as if I read correctly online the Ultralink Pro is an audio distribution amplifier. So I don't know if the Ultralink Pro is enough to power the headphones by itself or if I plug the headphone amp into the Ultralink Pro will I be adding to much power to the headphones possibly blowing the drivers? I am pretty new to audio and don't know much about everything so I don't know if this is a stupid question or not so any response is appreciated.

Jun 12, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #2 of 2
If you keep the volume low on your headphone amp you should be fine.  If the volume is really high at zero on the volume knob then you have an issue, but if you need at least a 1/4 turn on the knob to get normal loudness on the headphones you should be just fine.  Just keep the volume to the headphones to a reasonable level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back