RIP Stupid Cat I Loved
Apr 10, 2007 at 7:30 AM Post #46 of 65
sorry about your loss man, when i was growing up i used to raise ducks and chickens. they were so cute, and yet they always died during winter no matter what i did (my family was really poor at the time). after a couple of funerals, i decided never to raise pets again because losing them hurts too much. i wish i have you people's courage to keep raising them even though you know one day it will be gone. god bless you.

Apr 10, 2007 at 7:31 AM Post #47 of 65
Vicki-

Sorry to hear about the loss of your cat, and especially the way it happened. I hope you feel better and put those unpleasant memories aside and remember the good stuff. I am not a fan of cats, but yours sounds like it was one I could get along with.

My "first child" was a weimaraner my wife and I got when he was 9 weeks old. We named him BillBob after a character in a book we both loved. He was the best of many dogs I have had. In November, at age 14, we had to put him to sleep, much to my whole family's dismay. Taking him to the vet that day was a very hard thing to do. . .

Anyway, here is a pic of BillBob with his buddy, one of many lambskin squeak toys he nuzzled.

IMG_0771.JPG

Apr 10, 2007 at 12:36 PM Post #48 of 65
When I checked the cage this morning, one of my two budgies was dead. Only had the pair for a week.... A pink one and a blue one. It was the blue one- the one who seemed more timid. I had just been able to get both to perch on my fingers
icon10.gif
My first pets and this has to happen so soon.
frown.gif

Apr 10, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #49 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I checked the cage this morning, one of my two budgies was dead. Only had the pair for a week.... A pink one and a blue one. It was the blue one- the one who seemed more timid. I had just been able to get both to perch on my fingers
icon10.gif
My first pets and this has to happen so soon.
frown.gif

( >'-')> <('-'<)...

Apr 10, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #50 of 65
Boomana,

What a sad story. I'm very sorry for the loss of your furry friend.
frown.gif

It really does hurt to lose a pet. I can still remember what it was like taking my dog to the vet for the last time...

What a coincidence that our family crossed paths with a cat this last weekend...maybe this story will cheer you up:

I got a call at work on Thursday last week...it was my wife, letting me know that they had taken in a stray cat.

Now I'm allergic to cats...not a mild allergy, but one that I get shots for about once a month, and that's with no cat in the house. So a cat in my home is out of the question, and I've always felt like a bad guy because of it...especially since my kids want a cat very badly. Now there's one in my house, and I wasn't happy about it.

Oh, and my wife suggested that, since I was going to be home the next day, maybe I could take the cat to a shelter. Oh...don't think THAT made me feel any better.

So I get home, and my kids come running out with the cat. This thing was skinny as a rail, and obviously had been someone's pet. It was declawed, and VERY friendly....a very nice cat. Apparently this cat came running up as my kids were about to leave for gymnastics, meowing and crying. My wife gave it some sliced turkey, and the cat devoured it like it hadn't eaten in a week. So my wife decided to take the cat in and see if we could find its owner.

Well, it turns out that my local police department, which is not burdened with busting crack houses and investigating drive-by shootings, takes the time to take names of folks who call if a pet is missing. Someone at the shelter my wife called suggested that she call the police and see if by chance someone had reported a missing cat. Turns out someone had...the lady lived a block from us, and came right over.

The cat perked right up when he saw his "mommy", and I could see little tears welling up in this lady's eyes. The cat is a long time pet (16+ years), and was recently diagnosed with cancer. He apparently escaped sometime on Sunday, and had been missing since. It's been cold here, and this lady had been imagining her poor sick cat freezing to death and all alone. She was most grateful, and insisted on a reward (for my kids) for all our trouble. All she really wanted was to make sure that her cat's last days were spent in comfort and with "family"...sort of sad, but a happy ending none-the-less.

Apr 11, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #52 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys are wonderful. I can't believe how much just reading your posts has helped me, especially the pictures of your pets. I would think that they would make me sadder, but instead, I feel grateful and a lot calmer.

Odd, pictures may have made me more sad. I don't know. In any case here's mine:

tadum-leg-II.jpg

My cat has more quirks than a carny working the Rock-o-Plane while wearing whitey-tighties with a secret pocket full of Mexican jumpin' beans located toward the front. My cat likes his teeth and gums rubbed, and I oblige <-- That's only one of many quirks.

I think a pet's quirks are a function of the owner's personality, so I'm sure you will eventually have another quirky cat - in time.

Anyway, I hope you are doing OK.

Apr 11, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #55 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Odd, pictures may have made me more sad.

Me too. But if it helps relieve some of the burden, I'll take some of it. Here are my girls...

Cali (Caliope)
454763231_5e8458c584_o.jpg

Cleo (Cleopatra)
454763229_6b13123766_o.jpg

Couple of squirrels. Lazy squirrels.

Apr 11, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #56 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That cat rules. I've read your previous posts about him, always amusing.

He does rule.
tongue.gif
Thanks. He amuses the hell out of me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
aww samgotit is that a maine coon?

He is mostly. He's a pound kitty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Cali (Caliope)

Cleo (Cleopatra)

Couple of squirrels. Lazy squirrels.

Cute, Cute, Cute

Apr 11, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #57 of 65
Hey Boom, My condolances, i haven't been on the site in awhile, and reading this thread, i'm here in tears, last week my mom took me out to lunch to tell me that my dog had died, i was an only child, and this dog was my brother. i think i was 13 or 14 when we got him, a puppy golden retriever that just loved everyone. I honestly believe he knew me better than any human, could sense my feelings rooms away. I don't know what i wouldv'e done without him in my life, my mom say's he saved my life. she's probably right, you could routinely find me with my head on his belly both of us asleep in the hallway. We would wrestle for hours and play till we both were out of breath. He could bite me enough to hold me, but not once did he ever hurt me. It had happened 2 weeks before she told me, she had taken me to lunch twice since then but said she each time she just couldn't bring herself to tell me. I threw up all over her car, cried for hours. He was at the kennel while my parents were away on vacation (i just don't live in place where i could care for him the way he deserved) and the kennel owners and my parents are friends and usually take bounder home with them. apparently the daughter of the family noticed someting was wrong with him and demanded that they go to the vet that night. The vet said he was supprised that he was still alive, and that a large tumor had burst in his abdomen, and if they didn't put him down he would drown in his blood within hours and i am thankful that she was there to notice. I've been told that his tail wagged till the end. What an animal, **** i'm so sorry for you, i know how bad it can hurt.
anyway i spent all night drawing and illustratoring, next day had this done...
my mom said it looks just like him when he would hear my motorcycle coming down the driveway. and the goggles is just his personality.
warm hearted goofball that took up 3/4 of my bed. and so much more.
dogtat.jpg

Apr 11, 2007 at 9:14 AM Post #58 of 65
So sorry to hear about your loss, I know exactly how it is. I've lost a few the same way over the years. Had to have one put down last September, and am still not quite over it. Had her for almost 17 years, and she would have lasted another 10 if it wasn't for the cancer. A grey tabby, quiet, affectionate, intelligent, and weirder than any cat I've known. I haven't even been able to wear her favorite pair of shoes since... she had a shoe fetish. I always took them off by her basket when I got home, so she could stick her head in and get a good smell. Laughter meant dirty looks, as did any hint of a camera. I never could get a shot of her with her head in a shoe, it must have been some sixth sense. When sulking, she'd turn her back on you, sit down and literally huff. Wouldn't so much as rotate an ear to listen to you. Always, always amusing and always ready to get in your lap for a snooze. I miss her terribly.

I have a pair of black and white kitties (sisters, even) around to keep me company, though. They're more of the stupid and happy type without the oddball quirks and variable moods. Worth keeping, though.

Still, I feel awful. I'm glad your family is around to keep you company.

Apr 13, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #60 of 65
just came across this sad thread. so sorry to hear of your loss Vicki. what an emotionally awful ordeal that must have been. pets can be the most faithful companions. it's been 2 years since we lost one of our dear dogs and we still miss her terribly. i hope your sorrow eases soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back