RIP Karol Woityla (Pope John Paul II)
Apr 2, 2005 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

lini

Thought the last line in Citizen Kane was nosebud.
May he find the heaven he was believing in.

Manfred / lini

Apr 2, 2005 at 8:15 PM Post #2 of 37
For sure, count with it, one of the most loved persons in the whole world...rest in peace....we are all really sad for that passing....

attachment.php

Apr 2, 2005 at 8:17 PM Post #3 of 37
In paradisum deducant Angeli,
in tuo adventu suscipiant te Martyres,
et perducant te in civitatem sanctum Jerusalem.

Chorus Angelorum te suscipiat,
et cum Lazaro quondam paupere aeternam habeas requiem.

Apr 2, 2005 at 8:27 PM Post #4 of 37
A verse from my favorite hymn, somehow appropriate now.

O God, our help in ages past,
our hope for years to come;
be thou our guide while life shall last,
and our eternal home.

Apr 2, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #6 of 37
I am not Catholic and I did not agree with all of the beliefs he espoused, but Pope John Paul II was a man of peace and Love, and he deserves respect. I am deeply sorrowful of his passing and share the grief of the Polish people, and of Catholics around the world.

Apr 2, 2005 at 9:06 PM Post #7 of 37
He will indeed be missed. He was a very good man.

Apr 2, 2005 at 9:25 PM Post #9 of 37
He will be missed. May he rest in peace.

Apr 2, 2005 at 9:54 PM Post #10 of 37
Whatever your religious beliefs, I suspect most everyone will agree that he was a good man who was much loved. He will be missed.

On that note, I'll remind everyone that this is not "Outside". Please refrain from pointlessly controversial and/or combative statements. I've just spent several minutes deleting posts, and I don't want to do it any more.

It would be a shame if a thread that starts it's title with "RIP" had to be locked because of the inappropriate behavior of a few.

Apr 2, 2005 at 10:19 PM Post #11 of 37
I am so sorry........ I just heard the news on TV and my above post just shows how stupid I am when it comes to religion...... can a mod please delete it? May the pope rest in peace.

<insert "embarrassed" emoticon here>

Mike.

Apr 2, 2005 at 10:40 PM Post #12 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
Whatever your religious beliefs, I suspect most everyone will agree that he was a good man who was much loved. He will be missed.

On that note, I'll remind everyone that this is not "Outside". Please refrain from pointlessly controversial and/or combative statements. I've just spent several minutes deleting posts, and I don't want to do it any more.

It would be a shame if a thread that starts it's title with "RIP" had to be locked because of the inappropriate behavior of a few.

Thanks.

RIP. Sad day indeed.

Apr 2, 2005 at 10:45 PM Post #13 of 37
Pope John Paul II died Saturday night, a Vatican spokesman said. He was 84. In St. Peter's Square the faithful prayed and cried but also applauded the pope's life. In Krakow, Poland, thousands gathered to pray for the man credited with helping to topple communism. "We will always remember the humble, wise and fearless priest who became one of history's great moral leaders," President Bush said.

Well I am quite sad by the news. At least he doesn't have to go throught the pain he does everyday anymore.

Apr 2, 2005 at 11:05 PM Post #14 of 37
He was a great and widely respected man (also by non-catholics as myself.)

A guardian of human rights and peace have passed away. May John Paul II rest in peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back