Ringing in my ears courtesy of the mighty Australian Pink Floyd
Apr 3, 2006 at 11:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

PinkFloyd

Headphoneus Supremus
WOW! Just back from seeing the Australian Pink Floyd in concert, complete with ringing in the ears and a hoarse voice, I can honestly say that was one (if not "the") best concerts I have ever seen. Absolutely awesome, 3 hours of mind blowing music! These guys (and girls) are just fantastic and I strongly recommend you try to see them if you like Floyd... perfection on a stick, these aren't a cover band they are genuinely the new Pink Floyd as far as I'm concerend, they had the audience going wild, truly eargasmic stuff!

Will add a few pics soon
smily_headphones1.gif

DSCF3682.jpg

DSCF3678.jpg

DSCF3682.jpg

DSCF3703.jpg

DSCF3730.jpg

DSCF3742.jpg

DSCF3744.jpg

DSCF3766.jpg

DSCF3773.jpg

DSCF3776.jpg

DSCF3778.jpg

DSCF3787.jpg

DSCF3726.jpg

DSCF3766.jpg

Apr 4, 2006 at 12:37 AM Post #3 of 9
1 - ER-20's . . . . don't leave home without em!

2 - Saw the real Pink Floyd three times . . .
I really love it when I have those flashbacks
biggrin.gif

and they play just as well every time, amazing!
tongue.gif

3 - Saw one of the US Floyd bands "The Machine" (we thought it was one of those laser light show's they used to have at the Planetarium), who were actually quite enjoyable and really rather good. At time almost felt liek the real thing.

glad ya enjoyed it

Apr 4, 2006 at 1:09 AM Post #4 of 9
nice pics...these guys look a little bit "bigger" than the canada's pink floyd show, although they have the lasers and the lights going as well. But then, the venue in these pictures seems a little better than the one where I saw them..

I wish I could have seen Pink Floyd...sucks to be young I guess
tongue.gif
No...really

Apr 4, 2006 at 8:41 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juergen
It was truly amazing. A real goosebump experience.

To be honest, I've seen these guys about 7 times over the years and they are better than ever now playing large venues (Royal Albert Hall etc.) They really are as close to the real thing as you're likely to get and, in some parts, closer than the real thing if you catch my drift. They're relatively young, energetic and all are accomplished musicians.. I was standing bang at the centre of the stage next to the feedback monitors so there wasn't enough distance between my camera and the stage to show you the "expanse" of it all..... sure, not the multi million pound effects that Floyd employ but the effects the Aussie Floyd hit you with are extremely good..... the giant pink kangaroo jumping up and down was hilarious
icon10.gif
All in all, if you didn't get the chance to see the real thing then check these guys out, they are the best Floyd alternative... period.

Apr 4, 2006 at 12:32 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juergen
I have always regretted not seeing PF when they toured the US for The Wall. When I heard that the Aussy version was coming to town I figured "why not". It was truly amazing. A real goosebump experience.

here's the site....http://www.aussiefloyd.com/

I think PF only did The Wall in NY and LA in the US. Not exactly a tour. The logistics of the show were such a real full-fledged tour wasn't practical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back