RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/headphones/tips Ranking list, Music list)
May 10, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #736 of 1,213
Without a doubt! Hope the next Broly movie allows Goku to go UI. Assuming Broly too will go SSGSSJ thanks to Goku's training with him. Goku needs a clean win now before Moro arc is animated, too many co-op wins for a while.
Or UI Gogeta
1620668456286.png

There is a new movie coming out next year though.

https://en.dragon-ball-official.com/NEWS/01_42.html

May 10, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #737 of 1,213
Or UI Gogeta
1620668456286.png

There is a new movie coming out next year though.

https://en.dragon-ball-official.com/NEWS/01_42.html
Yes, it is a sequel to Broly movie. I'm super excited to watch some animation of DB. Haven't been following manga post TOP regularly. UI Gogeta won't be cannon sadly as Vegeta is not going UI but is harnessing hakai. He's being trained by Beerus while Goku by Whis and it's the angels who use UI.

But never say never in DB as they can very easily retcon their own theories 😂

May 10, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #738 of 1,213
Yes, it is a sequel to Broly movie. I'm super excited to watch some animation of DB. Haven't been following manga post TOP regularly. UI Gogeta won't be cannon sadly as Vegeta is not going UI but is harnessing hakai. He's being trained by Beerus while Goku by Whis and it's the angels who use UI.

But never say never in DB as they can very easily retcon their own theories 😂
The only information we got right now on that movie is this:
1620668986923.png

Technically, Gogeta should be able to use UI + hakai.

May 10, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #739 of 1,213
The only information we got right now on that movie is this:
1620668986923.png

Technically, Gogeta should be able to use UI + hakai.
If either one of them compromises on their powerlevels the fusion won't stick for long (like the one they did in Buu saga as they were not in complete sync, also most of the times Goku lowers his power levels to sync with Vegeta as per one of the Supreme Kais) Considering so far they've only used forms which are common because both know how to obtain that form, UI will be difficult for Vegeta as he can't get complete tranquility thanks to him fighting with heart on his sleeve+pride. Also, hakai suits him more IMO. He's perfect for the role of hakaishin. He can be a total badass once again 😉😁

May 11, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #740 of 1,213
If either one of them compromises on their powerlevels the fusion won't stick for long (like the one they did in Buu saga as they were not in complete sync, also most of the times Goku lowers his power levels to sync with Vegeta as per one of the Supreme Kais) Considering so far they've only used forms which are common because both know how to obtain that form, UI will be difficult for Vegeta as he can't get complete tranquility thanks to him fighting with heart on his sleeve+pride. Also, hakai suits him more IMO. He's perfect for the role of hakaishin. He can be a total badass once again 😉😁
Thats not completely accurate, since Gotenks managed SSJ3 while neither Goten nor Trunks could go beyond SSJ.

May 11, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #741 of 1,213
Thats not completely accurate, since Gotenks managed SSJ3 while neither Goten nor Trunks could go beyond SSJ.
Just DB things. Never say never, everything is possible till someone in Toei design team convinces the bosses that this merchandise can be sold. 😂

May 14, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #742 of 1,213
May 17, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #744 of 1,213
So basically Moondrop Nameless isn't recommended anymore? Looking for the best for vocals under 30$
Best vocals for buds would be the NiceHCK MX500 or the ME80, but the ME80 is discontinued.

(although I think the Koss KSC75 is better than the buds I have heard at that price for vocals at least.)

May 17, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #745 of 1,213
Best vocals for buds would be the NiceHCK MX500 or the ME80, but the ME80 is discontinued.

(although I think the Koss KSC75 is better than the buds I have heard at that price for vocals at least.)
Okay, thanks. Yeah I have nice over-ears and IEM's but I've settled for earbuds because I'm using them the most overall(studying, walking and stuff). I use Iem's mostly for biking and stuff and Over-ears only on my PC. If I bump the price to 50$ would anything beat the mx500? The Datura Pro seems to be unavailable or they don't ship where I live idk, I've looked at the LBB, toneking tomahawk etc but can't seem to decide. Thanks again

May 17, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #746 of 1,213
Okay, thanks. Yeah I have nice over-ears and IEM's but I've settled for earbuds because I'm using them the most overall(studying, walking and stuff). I use Iem's mostly for biking and stuff and Over-ears only on my PC. If I bump the price to 50$ would anything beat the mx500? The Datura Pro seems to be unavailable or they don't ship where I live idk, I've looked at the LBB, toneking tomahawk etc but can't seem to decide. Thanks again
I havent heard any buds that beat the MX500 until we reach the 100 usd range.

May 18, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #747 of 1,213
2021-05-18: I added a new column that tells you the value, the "bang for the buck" you get with cables with the column called "conductance/price" (with the little description that higher is better to make it more clear on what it is).

1621349640481.png

You can right click on the column (D) and sort it by "Z->A" which gives you the highest value first and thats the best "bang for the buck" cable.

1621349724088.png

Credits to @PhonoPhi for helping me with this.

Also, just a little teaser. But I am close to finished with a big project that you guys will probably appreciate. (hint, it has to do with my graphs. :wink: )

May 18, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #748 of 1,213
2021-05-18: I have decided to team up with @paulwasabii on the cable ranking page in my database.

Why? Because the more cables that are in that ranking page, the better it is for you consumers. Paul´s own measurements are essentially identical to mine, so thats not a problem and the reason why I picked him over someone else is because I respect him a lot (which I cannot say the same for the majority of so called "reviewers" out there...).
(and also because literally every other cable "reviewers" out there dont actually measure them..., so to be fair, there wasnt a lot of options for me lol.)

How will this change the cable ranking page?
1621365483807.png

1621365505481.png

Well, not really that big of a change. There is a new column called "Measurer" (yeah, bad name probably...) so you be able to identify who measured the cable and also who has it by implication. Thats the only change thats coming, of course Paul might have his own way of writing the "Comments" column. But this shouldnt change what I want this page to be about, which is to be as objective as you can be with cables by using measurements. Then letting the buyer decide what to get based on their own personal preference when it comes to the aesthetics.

Here is the link to his youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsplQVOhTkU0g3bHh3F9ORg

May 21, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #749 of 1,213
2021-05-21: Birth of my graph database: https://rg.squig.link/
graph (77).png

Yup, here it is. I have officially joined the "cool kids club" with my own graph database site with 100 measurements (counting all iems + different configurations) alongside my own preference target.

Credits to @lgcubana for giving me the idea to use excel to create my target and @Precogvision for helping me import it into REW.
Last but not least, massive thanks to @MRSallee (aka Super reviews on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/SuperReview) for helping me setup this entire site.

May 28, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #750 of 1,213
2021-05-28: Creation of the DIY foam mod.

You most likely have an iem that you arent exactly pleased with the treble, maybe its a bit too much in quantity or just a peak that annoys you. Well, then you should try this DIY foam mod using ordinary earbud foam as the material. All you need to do is rip it apart into smaller pieces. Like this:
1622209708953.png

To get a 1/16 size of the full foam then you put it inside the tips and the magic begins from there.

(watch this video if you are unsure on how to do it: )

Positive changes:
graph - 2021-05-26T182946.146.png

graph - 2021-05-26T183117.436.png

graph - 2021-05-28T143918.393.png

graph - 2021-05-28T120709.257.png

The DQ6, TSMR – 4 pro, Hana and the T800 benefited a lot from this foam mod. The shoutyness in the Hana and the TSMR – 4 pro (along with less BA timbre but also got a pretty big hit with the technicalities) is gone while the peaky treble in the DQ6 is also gone. The sibilance with the T800 is gone as well and is actually useable for me now and also got a bit less BA timbre in it. Game changer for the DQ6, Hana and the T800!

Neutral:
graph - 2021-05-26T184123.753.png
graph - 2021-05-26T184722.581.png

The mod with the EX1000 and the Tape does help, but not enough. The Tape needs to have its 3,5k peak cut down a lot more and the EX1000 just needs a big overhaul of its entire treble.

Negative:
graph - 2021-05-28T121310.623.png

graph - 2021-05-26T183902.216.png

graph - 2021-05-26T183736.344.png

None of these iems needs this mod for me since I dont have issues with them. So with them, the quality dropped without any real benefit in tonality. The modded Oxygen sounds identical to the modded Hana as well.

Overall: This mod is a great mod if you have some slight issues with peaks here and there or if you just want it to be warmer overall. But when the issue is caused by a massive peak or if the entire treble just needs to overhauled, then this mod wont solve the issue and you are better of with PEQ. With iems that you do not have problems with, it simply reduces the overall quality, so not recommended for them either.

graph (91).png

If you want to increase or decrease the effect, just use a bigger size (like 1/8 instead of 1/16) or with a more porous foam. Using the Hana as the example, you can see that using the 1/8 size will reduce the treble even more and also boosts the bass directly, this isnt good for me because it loses too much quality. Thats why, I believe that the 1/16 is the optimal size.

Rank changes accompanying this mod:
Audiosense T800 A+ (foam mod)
KZ DQ6 A (foam mod)
Tanchjim Hana A+ (foam mod)
Tansio Mirai TSMR – 4 Pro B (foam mod)

Audiosense T800 B+
KZ DQ6 A-
Tanchjim Hana B
Tansio Mirai TSMR – 4 Pro B-

Also added a separate a separate ranking for iems with mods:
1622210613495.png

(The list will be sorted by the highest rankings.)

So this should be helpful to people that dont want to mod their iems. Just a noticed though, I dont count changing cables (doesnt affect sound) nor tips as being mods.
Since tips are extremely important to fit and therefore the sound (stock tips almost never fit me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back