Right earcup of mixrs rattles
Feb 2, 2014 at 7:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ilikedonkeys39

100+ Head-Fier
When volume is above 70 percent or so on my beats mixrs the right ear cup rattles a little when playing boomy bass? I have had these under a year im pretty sure so is there a warranty that covers this? I got them from best buy. Or is this problem easily fixable at home?

Thanks

Feb 2, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #2 of 4
Is the rattle or distortion consistent with certain moments of the songs? Most likely, its a loose hair resting on the driver. You could blow them a bit. If not, you could assume a power issue: check different sources and see how much bass distorts. If either then something might be loose. 

Feb 2, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #3 of 4
It makes the slight rattle whenever the punchy bass hits, it sounds normal on the other side though, if its hair how do you recommend i go about getting it out?  

Feb 2, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #4 of 4
I never opened those but its more or less the same for a lot of headphones: first remove the earpads pulling softly, and then you might be able to see screws or attached pins, try blowing or sucking without removing the screws, if doesn't work try removing the screws and repeat the process. Check the drivers integrity while doing it and how well fixed is to the edges. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back