Right ear cup pulsing on new beats studio 2013.
Sep 6, 2013 at 1:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

smalba

New Head-Fier
Hi guys I bought the new beats studio headphones and I noticed that my right ear cup pulses and it is very uncomfortable. I noticed that I can make it go away when I press the mute button but when I let go it continues. Is this a known problem? Or is it just my unit? Should I take it back for the same headphones or what?

Sep 6, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #2 of 20
Get your refund then buy something else.

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #3 of 20
Hi guys I bought the new beats studio headphones and I noticed that my right ear cup pulses and it is very uncomfortable. I noticed that I can make it go away when I press the mute button but when I let go it continues. Is this a known problem? Or is it just my unit? Should I take it back for the same headphones or what?

Take it back and get another pair...or maybe you're right ear is sensitive to the noise cancelling circuit. Try putting the headphones on so that the right ear up is on your left ear to see if the "pulses" follow over to your left ear.

Sep 9, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #4 of 20
Dr Dre sometimes puts a little more beats into one cup than the other.

I'm kidding of course. You probably want to take them back, and exchange for a new pair, nothing any of us could really problem solve since those headphones do use electronics in them other than plain speaker drivers.

Dec 29, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #5 of 20
Hey I just got myself a pair as well.
Whilst lying my head slightly against my right ear cup I also noticed this very unusual, annoying and almost hypnotic-like fast pulsing sound.

Very strange indeed, and I'd say a rather large issue for the price tag.

For anyone interested here is a review from Digital Trends that have also picked up in it.

I assume just like the hissing sound (which by the way is persistent even when the mute button is pressed to also turn off the noise cancelation) must just be another thing that effects all of the Studio 2.0 units.

http://m.digitaltrends.com/headphone-reviews/beats-by-dre-studio-review/

Jul 1, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #6 of 20
Hey I just got myself a pair as well.
Whilst lying my head slightly against my right ear cup I also noticed this very unusual, annoying and almost hypnotic-like fast pulsing sound.

Very strange indeed, and I'd say a rather large issue for the price tag.

For anyone interested here is a review from Digital Trends that have also picked up in it.

I assume just like the hissing sound (which by the way is persistent even when the mute button is pressed to also turn off the noise cancelation) must just be another thing that effects all of the Studio 2.0 units.

http://m.digitaltrends.com/headphone-reviews/beats-by-dre-studio-review/

I've got the exact same problem with my brand new Beats Studios. I checked with Beats Support and apparently this is standard behavior ( the pulsing and wind-like sound in the right can ) so your head sets are not faulty. It makes the Beats Studios totally unfit though for watching Netflix or listening to audio podcasts in which a lot of talking is present. A bit of a let down for the hefty price tag, I must say!

Jul 1, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #8 of 20
Apparently the wireless version does not have the pulsating sound issue!

slightly better with airline and train noise than the Beats, but just slightly. Also, we’re happy to report the odd thumping in the right ear that we heard with the Studio is not present here.

Check the digital trends Beats Wireless review for this.

Jul 1, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #9 of 20
Yo dawg, we added Beats also while no Beats are playing so you can Beat your ear with these pulsating Beats.

Jul 1, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #10 of 20
  Yo dawg, we added Beats also while no Beats are playing so you can Beat your ear with these pulsating Beats.

I don't find this too funny. I paid $300 to look cool.

Now I got a pulsating sound in the right can when pressure is put to it. Also there is this 'wind whirl' like sound in the right-can when no music is playing at all. This makes the Beats Studios totally UNFIT for Netflix or for listening to audio podcasts in which a lot of talking is present.

I just told the same thing to Beats Support as well and will get back here when they do reply. The odd thing is: apparently they have fixed this in the Wireless Beats Studio version, and it therefore HAS something to do with the analogue audio cable input interfering with the ANC.

Jul 2, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #11 of 20
Yea it was my thinking also that it was something to do with the ANC. My theory was the ANC was picking up on the ANC causing an audio loop which just got louder and louder. I thought this because it actually calms down if you block the microphone holes with your fingers and gets worse again when you let go.

Anyway this was the last straw with me so I took them back to the shop I purchased them from for an exchange. Funny enough the Monsters Inspirations I got exchanged had a broken/hardly working ANC also, so I ended up with a full refund which I then spent on some Audio Technica ATHM50XBL's, saved around £90 and absolutely love them to bits - just no match for Beats or Monster after all!

I'd suggest you try the same if they are still within warranty if you really don't like the pulsating sound or think you will get annoyed with it in the near future.

Jul 18, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #12 of 20
Ok everyone I have found the solution to this problem listen very closely ok? YOU WILL LOVE ME FOR FIGURING THIS OUT FOR YOU! Simply suck on the side ear (inner ear where the music comes out) and problem solved you should hear it pop indicating that your problem is solved simply then continue on with whatever you love to do! ENJOY YOUR NEW AND FIXED BEATS HEADPHONES THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO RETURN TO THE STORE!

Jul 18, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #13 of 20
^ Sounds like it suffers from similar issue as the Panasonic RP-HTF600 are known to have. The membrane might be a bit too loose so the driver ends up stuck in a wrong position.

Oct 22, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #14 of 20
Somebody said the wireless doesn't have the pulsing flaw ...not true
Just bought the wireless and the left cup does this
totally unacceptable. I'm going for a refund

also the bass is too much for me ..it gets annoying after a while

Jun 13, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #15 of 20
  Ok everyone I have found the solution to this problem listen very closely ok? YOU WILL LOVE ME FOR FIGURING THIS OUT FOR YOU! Simply suck on the side ear (inner ear where the music comes out) and problem solved you should hear it pop indicating that your problem is solved simply then continue on with whatever you love to do! ENJOY YOUR NEW AND FIXED BEATS HEADPHONES THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO RETURN TO THE STORE!

Thanks, but didn't work. And now I got dust in my mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back