Riceburners (Toyota, Honda, Mazda)
Aug 17, 2002 at 2:37 AM Post #2 of 73
What do you mean by riceburner? Do you mean a civic, integra, etc, that has been "upgraded?"

If so, let's split this up into 3 categories.

1) Stock

299210.jpg

2) Super riced
Another%20Riced%20Civic.jpg

3) Ideal (except for the mirrors. They look bad)
car_week2.jpg

Yes, I hate SUPER riced cars too. But I really do like tasteful civics, etc. My dream is to have a sleeper honda or bmw. Sometimes, my friend and I go out and roast ricers with his upgraded 92 maxima se (cold air, non-assuming exhaust, and headers). That's just plain fun.
biggrin.gif
)

Also, don't hate the cars. Hate the people in them. . .sort of. I don't care if you rice your car out. I do care, however, if you play your stereo at 12 am full blast. . . ricing, imho, is all show, no go. These cars WANT to be fast. They just aren't. . .

Aug 17, 2002 at 4:39 AM Post #6 of 73
"Ricer" refers to small, sporty Japanese cars like Civics, Acuras, MR2s, etc. that have been heavily "tricked out" by their (primarily) Asian owners. If you've ever driven around the Los Angeles area or the San Francisco Bay Area, you've seen them. The term is, ahem, a bit offensive to many people.

Aug 17, 2002 at 5:00 AM Post #8 of 73
Riceburner is a derogatory (tending to impair the value of; detracting) term and I guess it became somewhat offensive over the years.

I know it from 30 years back when an owner of a Harley-Davidson or Indian would call the Hondas, Yamahas, Suzukis and Kawasakis riceburners when they first started showing up in the U.S.

Aug 17, 2002 at 5:06 AM Post #9 of 73
The Mazdas look hot! The Protege5 is my kinda car, but the new Mazda 6 looks pretty good too. Mazdas are apparently a "trade secret" ..ever since their quality improved. They do rack up good reviews though.

Aug 17, 2002 at 5:45 AM Post #10 of 73
Ahh now we're talking !

I prefer the Integra Type R + non-rice mods.
And of course nitrous :>

Aug 17, 2002 at 7:16 AM Post #11 of 73
I am surprised to see this here. Automotive headphone discusion! I have never been a fan of Japanese cars. But latley there have been a few I would like to have. Like the Honda Prelude. I am not impressed by the tricked out Integra's et all. I do appreciate all the hard work guys put into them though. Give me a Vette or Hemi Cuda anyday.

Aug 17, 2002 at 7:25 AM Post #12 of 73
One of my coworkers owns a significantly modded Toyota Supra, nitro and all that sort of crap... Nice tiny ultra-powerful car. Looks pretty cool, have to give it that.

Aug 17, 2002 at 11:22 AM Post #14 of 73
I had a blue 2000 Civic Si - not bad but it got kind of annoying, seemed to be geared too high and the constant whining sound of the engine on the 101 was a pain.
One day I took a look in the mirror, noticed all the gray hair and decided that it looked like a borrowed car on me. I hope the kid who bought it is still alive - he scared the hell out of me on the test drive.

Aug 17, 2002 at 11:39 AM Post #15 of 73
One thing I cant stand are 5L+ v8 owners that think they are so kewl making that annoying loud VRROOM VROOM noise when a teg can whip their asses in a street race.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back