Rhapsodio thread
Oct 28, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #1,741 of 2,203
@hshock76 For vocals(especially female lol), how would you compare the Supreme and the Infinity?

Oct 28, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #1,743 of 2,203
Coupled with the incredible layering, imaging, separation, balanced tuning with all parts coming together, I am placed in the music rather than just listening to it. It is a complete experience.
This. This sums up my experience well, thanks for articulating. I almost struggle to try and analyze the Infinity via the typical bass/mids/treble route because its really is more about the experience rather than its parts.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #1,744 of 2,203
I will let you know in a couple of days after I get more burn in on the Supreme 2. At this point the Supreme 2 is lusher.
wow lusher, i thought the infinty would be the lusher one

vocals on which is fuller ?

Oct 28, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #1,746 of 2,203
Got about an hour and a half on the infinity MK2 so far, don’t really want to post any impressions just yet as I am still getting aquatinted with it. Really really am enjoying what I am hearing so far though. Definitely a complementary IEM to anything I own. I will say that for a 6 BA iem this is incredibly impressive. I’m not really one to believe much in driver wars anymore even though both of my all BA iems are 13 and 18 drivers, but this is pretty damn good so far. Will share thoughts as I spend more time.

Oct 30, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #1,747 of 2,203
So impressed with the innovation on the Infinity, I decided to sell Odin and give a shot to the new Sagga, an apparent insane bass IEM with very fleshy mids and large staging. The goal is to see if it can do what my Legend X does but at an even more higher level-a mighty task.

Should arrive in about 2 weeks or so. The hope is maybe it'll be similar to the Thummim (not expecting same resolution) at a lower cost.

Oct 30, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #1,748 of 2,203
So impressed with the innovation on the Infinity, I decided to sell Odin and give a shot to the new Sagga, an apparent insane bass IEM with very fleshy mids and large staging. The goal is to see if it can do what my Legend X does but at an even more higher level-a mighty task.

Should arrive in about 2 weeks or so. The hope is maybe it'll be similar to the Thummim (not expecting same resolution) at a lower cost.
I hope it does, ever since I listened to Thummim I was hooked! But that price though! If this matches it, im going for it blind!!!!!

Oct 30, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #1,749 of 2,203
Gonna be tough with just one driver but fingers crossed!!

Nov 1, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #1,751 of 2,203
After burning in my MAX the past few days, it is quickly becoming quite clear that Infinity MKII is a veryyy transparent IEM. It’s synergy and signature seems to vary quite dramatically depending on the source.

I listened to MAX last night before bed and noticed some sharpness and brightness up top. I ultimately changed the DAC volume down which helped, but the treble was definitely the focal point compared to bass and mids. Very detailed but also laid back, a bit cold.

I went back to my R8 turbo mode and immediately noticed some much needed warmth and a more balanced, smoother sound. MAX might have a slightly blacker background with a slight technical advantage, but it seems to lose the magic I find with the R8, i.e. addicting, engaging etc. R8 still maintains incredible detail (as mentioned, more than Odin), so it’s a welcome trade off in my book and to my ears.
*(there is still a waterfall hiss out of balanced, less so from SE but loses a bit of the dynamics I feel from non balanced).

@hshock76 has also realized he prefers the ESS DAC from the SE200 than MAXEX. So just sharing this information to potentially help future owners in finding their ideal synergy :).

Nov 2, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #1,752 of 2,203
After burning in my MAX the past few days, it is quickly becoming quite clear that Infinity MKII is a veryyy transparent IEM. It’s synergy and signature seems to vary quite dramatically depending on the source.

I listened to MAX last night before bed and noticed some sharpness and brightness up top. I ultimately changed the DAC volume down which helped, but the treble was definitely the focal point compared to bass and mids. Very detailed but also laid back, a bit cold.

I went back to my R8 turbo mode and immediately noticed some much needed warmth and a more balanced, smoother sound. MAX might have a slightly blacker background with a slight technical advantage, but it seems to lose the magic I find with the R8, i.e. addicting, engaging etc. R8 still maintains incredible detail (as mentioned, more than Odin), so it’s a welcome trade off in my book and to my ears.
*(there is still a waterfall hiss out of balanced, less so from SE but loses a bit of the dynamics I feel from non balanced).

@hshock76 has also realized he prefers the ESS DAC from the SE200 than MAXEX. So just sharing this information to potentially help future owners in finding their ideal synergy :).

Is it safe to assume that MKII leans more towards a brighter sound? If yes then I‘d probably have to re-consider, since I’m not really keen on bright sounding IEMs.

Nov 2, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #1,754 of 2,203
Is it safe to assume that MKII leans more towards a brighter sound? If yes then I‘d probably have to re-consider, since I’m not really keen on bright sounding IEMs.
No, I don’t think it’s a bright IEM at all. From my DX160 it’s a rich, mid centric signature similar to the R8 but less technical so it sounds too thick. It was not bright from my brief stint with the SE200 either. I just think MAX is not a good pairing with it unfortunately.

I found Elysium pretty bright and this is much more smooth to my ears from most sources I’ve heard. Maybe @hshock76 can contribute since he has some additional DAPs.

Nov 2, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #1,755 of 2,203
Bright is prob the last word I’ll use to describe the Infinity2. It’s just very transparent to source. My personal fav is the SE200. ESS side for vocals and AKM for instruments and EDM. The ESS gives more forward mids and there is this magic how vocals are rendered which makes me go all emotional when listening to my fav tracks. There more depth than width but very well layered. AKM side gives a huge holographic stage and presentation is akin to attending a performance in a large hall, had good Dynamic range and harder and deeper bass.

The modded MAX is great too and is between the ESS and AKM of the SE200. It has an even larger and more holographic stage vs the AKM with balanced position of mids.

The DX220 seems to make the Infinity2 sound too warm and thick for my liking but may suit those who prefers a warmer signature.

Infinity2 has the best treble I’ve heard. Very well extended with no harshness and sibilance. Where as on Odin, it gets too hot at time on the same tracks. Odin still has that delicious DD bass though. Infinity on the other hand as I’ve stated earlier is prob tuned to be bass accurate. It gives similar levels of bass as Odin on certain tracks and less on others. Sometimes deeper. So I can say it def has the capability to go deep if the tracks calls for it. BA bass is focused, fast and has good weight but never bloated.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back