Rhapsodio thread
Jul 11, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #1,411 of 2,203
20180711_111504_zpsaq7motmc.jpg

I got my zombie today, thanks sammy, I am going to try at home.

Jul 11, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #1,412 of 2,203
20180711_111504_zpsaq7motmc.jpg

I got my zombie today, thanks sammy, I am going to try at home.
Congrats! Let us know your impressions and with which cable or cables are you use with them. I think the sound tightens up with burn in whether mind burn in or iem burn in.

Jul 16, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #1,414 of 2,203
Thanks a lot. Cables; rhapsodio 2.98/8 and labkabel samurai 3.

Nice cables! That Samurai 3 seems to be very detailed and neutral, probably perfect for the Zombie. Or the SG 2.98 for some seriously fun warmth that will peel the paint off the walls.

I'm enjoying my SG 2.98 mk2 these days, although I went with the 4-wire version because I'm tired of spending more on cables every month than my home mortgage.

-Collin-

Jul 18, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #1,415 of 2,203
Hello Rhapsodio Friends, I posted this over in Flinkenick's shootout thread, but will post here as well.

Thought I would post some quick impressions of the Mad Scientist's (Sammy from Rhapsodio) new creation called the Rhapsodio Eden. Here we have a single dynamic driver of which I know nothing about, housed in a pure silver shell that my wife says is "pretty."

You will immediately see some resemblance to the Galaxy V1 as far as shell design, but where the Galaxy V1 did not fit my ears at all, these have a longer nozzle and a slightly different shape that works much better for me. They don't "disappear" in my ears (and actually that might cause medical issues if they actually did), but they are leaps and bounds better than the Galaxy V1 for me from an ergonomic standpoint. I opted to pair these with the latest 4-wire SG 2.98 silver/gold Rhapsodio cable. I'm too cheap for the 8-wire right now and wanted max comfort since I thought I might have a back and forth fight with the shells. I am pleasantly surprised on both fronts.

So on to the sound: neutral. A fairly large departure from any other Rhapsodio IEM I have listened to, these really go for the natural, neutral, flat frequency response. While the Galaxy V1 sort of did the same thing, the treble tuning on these is completely different to my ears and the bass is quite tame on the Eden. I would ask for more bass, being an unapologetic basshead, but Sammy beat me over the head when I said such a thing and he insisted that these are not aiming to be bass monsters. Instead, they are so coherent, natural and are as close to "as the musician intended" as I have ever heard. In fact, they make my Dita Dream sound almost a bit artificial. This tuning won't be for everyone, but it's nice to see Sammy push the envelope and go in different directions. I've had them for a few weeks now and they have certainly benefited from burn-in.

Anyway, I'll continue to listen to these beauties and give more impressions as they come. I may write a review as well, we will see. The TL;DR of this is that these are very neutral, detailed, open and airy sounding with almost no color to the sound. If I had to pick an area where these shine, it would most certainly be male and female vocals, with the mids being ever so slightly forward.

@flinkenick has a pair of these in-hand too, so expect some much better impressions from him :)

Cheers,

-Collin-

Jul 18, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #1,417 of 2,203
Hello Rhapsodio Friends, I posted this over in Flinkenick's shootout thread, but will post here as well.

Thought I would post some quick impressions of the Mad Scientist's (Sammy from Rhapsodio) new creation called the Rhapsodio Eden. Here we have a single dynamic driver of which I know nothing about, housed in a pure silver shell that my wife says is "pretty."

You will immediately see some resemblance to the Galaxy V1 as far as shell design, but where the Galaxy V1 did not fit my ears at all, these have a longer nozzle and a slightly different shape that works much better for me. They don't "disappear" in my ears (and actually that might cause medical issues if they actually did), but they are leaps and bounds better than the Galaxy V1 for me from an ergonomic standpoint. I opted to pair these with the latest 4-wire SG 2.98 silver/gold Rhapsodio cable. I'm too cheap for the 8-wire right now and wanted max comfort since I thought I might have a back and forth fight with the shells. I am pleasantly surprised on both fronts.

So on to the sound: neutral. A fairly large departure from any other Rhapsodio IEM I have listened to, these really go for the natural, neutral, flat frequency response. While the Galaxy V1 sort of did the same thing, the treble tuning on these is completely different to my ears and the bass is quite tame on the Eden. I would ask for more bass, being an unapologetic basshead, but Sammy beat me over the head when I said such a thing and he insisted that these are not aiming to be bass monsters. Instead, they are so coherent, natural and are as close to "as the musician intended" as I have ever heard. In fact, they make my Dita Dream sound almost a bit artificial. This tuning won't be for everyone, but it's nice to see Sammy push the envelope and go in different directions. I've had them for a few weeks now and they have certainly benefited from burn-in.

Anyway, I'll continue to listen to these beauties and give more impressions as they come. I may write a review as well, we will see. The TL;DR of this is that these are very neutral, detailed, open and airy sounding with almost no color to the sound. If I had to pick an area where these shine, it would most certainly be male and female vocals, with the mids being ever so slightly forward.

@flinkenick has a pair of these in-hand too, so expect some much better impressions from him :)

Cheers,

-Collin-

Do they come in ciem also?

Aug 4, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #1,424 of 2,203
While everyone is fancying the silver housing, I requested Sammy for a pair of IEM that suited my music taste!
It was the one I mentioned previously, and it's made out of brass! For the drive, it's the upgraded version of the ones from galaxy.
Sammy recommended brass housing because it can deliver a devastating bass while maintaining a good vocal, the perfect signature for a metalhead like me. Listening rock/metal music with this pair of IEM definitely kicks arse!
Sadly I think it won't be as popular as the other products. Like I've just said, this pair of IEM is perfect for metal, but that is quite a limitation since the majority of costumers seeks a more balanced sound signature with more clarity. Well, I guess different people has different demands, and it surely pleases me!
IMG_20180805_004847.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back