Rhapsodio thread
Sep 19, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #722 of 2,203
My Pandora 3.5mm TRS came with the gold and CF jack.

I do hope you didn't get swindled.
wink.gif

Thanks for that. I have traced the origin of the cable back to the original owner, and have contacted him over PM. Awaiting his reply. Hopefully this will be sorted out.

This is Pandora SPC. Is it from your Solar?

Thanks Sammy. I sold the cable to ezekiel77. I bought the cable from another seller who had advertised the cable as OCC MK2. And I sold the cable to ezekiel under the same model name.

Sep 19, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #723 of 2,203
'Ezekiel77' got the Galaxy and the cable from '@EagleWings', who got it from '@jtiis' who got it from me.

This is the cable I sold it with:

I sold it fully believing that it was the OCC MK2. From where I got hold of it is hard for me to say as I was going through a lot of cables at that time and try as I may, I can't for the life of me figure out what it came bundled with. I strongly suspect it might have been the RTI1, but not sure.

I now have the below cable with me, along with the 'Dark Knight' and the cable Sammy send the demo Galaxy V2 with. Which means along the line either I have been sold a cable as OCC MK2 which wasn't. Or I have sold a OCC MK2 as SPC Pandora to someone.

Either way, the buck stops with me and my confused head. I might not have looked at it too carefully as I remember the Pandora SPC, OCC and the OCC MK2 all being the same price at RSD. There was absolutely no intention to missell/swindle and if there is any way I can rectify this, @ezekiel77, I am fully happy to comply.

My sincerest Apologies for any confusion, guys. 
redface.gif

Sep 19, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #724 of 2,203
Quite a kerfuffle!

Quote:
  I've gotta say man, with the color, splitter and memory wire - that has to be one mean ass filter to make it look like a Pandora :)

I don't trust official product photos, but I think your side-by-side comparo put that to rest. And I thought it was my phone camera! I was expecting a neutralish sig based on your cable review for Galaxy, but was surprised at the bass amount! Probably the Pandora's doing. I'll do some cable-rolling when I have the time.

This is Pandora SPC. Is it from your Solar?

Hi boss! I returned my Pandora to you when I bought the RSD Silver Litz for my Solar. This cable was bundled together with the used Galaxy I bought.

'Ezekiel77' got the Galaxy and the cable from '@EagleWings', who got it from '@jtiis' who got it from me.

-snip-

Either way, the buck stops with me and my confused head. I might not have looked at it too carefully as I remember the Pandora SPC, OCC and the OCC MK2 all being the same price at RSD. There was absolutely no intention to missell/swindle and if there is any way I can rectify this, @ezekiel77, I am fully happy to comply.

redface.gif

Thanks for clearing that up doc! I'll sort it out with you via pm. No worries.

Sep 19, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #725 of 2,203
I don't trust official product photos, but I think your side-by-side comparo put that to rest. And I thought it was my phone camera! I was expecting a neutralish sig based on your cable review for Galaxy, but was surprised at the bass amount! Probably the Pandora's doing. I'll do some cable-rolling when I have the time.

Hi boss! I returned my Pandora to you when I bought the RSD Silver Litz for my Solar. This cable was bundled together with the used Galaxy I bought.

Thanks for clearing that up doc! I'll sort it out with you via pm. No worries.
I recommend Galaxy with copper wizard 4 braid silver Jack mk2.
Amazing! Beautiful! Sweet! Details!
Anyway Galaxy with RSD Silver get super treble. That what I like too.

Sep 19, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #726 of 2,203
'Ezekiel77' got the Galaxy and the cable from '@EagleWings
', who got it from '@jtiis
' who got it from me.

I sold it fully believing that it was the OCC MK2. From where I got hold of it is hard for me to say as I was going through a lot of cables at that time and try as I may, I can't for the life of me figure out what it came bundled with. I strongly suspect it might have been the RTI1, but not sure.

I now have the below cable with me, along with the 'Dark Knight' and the cable Sammy send the demo Galaxy V2 with. Which means along the line either I have been sold a cable as OCC MK2 which wasn't. Or I have sold a OCC MK2 as SPC Pandora to someone.

Either way, the buck stops with me and my confused head. I might not have looked at it too carefully as I remember the Pandora SPC, OCC and the OCC MK2 all being the same price at RSD. There was absolutely no intention to missell/swindle and if there is any way I can rectify this, @ezekiel77
, I am fully happy to comply.

My sincerest Apologies for any confusion, guys. :xf_eek:  
it's OK man.

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #729 of 2,203
Really curious how a pure silver cable will alter the sound. My preferences have changed a bit since getting the HD800 so I'd like Galaxy to be as airy and trebly as possible. Will give the RSD Silver Litz a go with this later.
The desire for treble is biologically normal. By the time you reach your 25th birthday you will lose 10% of the upper frequencies and thats not taking in account city and work enviroment noises and listening to music on a daily basis. Welcome to oldman hood.

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #730 of 2,203
The desire for treble is biologically normal. By the time you reach your 25th birthday you will lose 10% of the upper frequencies and thats not taking in account city and work enviroment noises and listening to music on a daily basis. Welcome to oldman hood.

Nearly 10 years past my 25th mate! Haha.

Just a slight update, Galaxy pairing with RSD Silver Litz is brighter and airier, with "super treble"! A near-perfect combo if not for a slight lack of sweetness in the vocals. Pandora presents slightly more intimate vocals which I prefer, but man, that Silver Litz treble... woo!

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #731 of 2,203

redface.gif

Both you and @EagleWings are standup guys, I don't think anybody suspects foul play there. Now let's get @ezekiel77 a proper cable!

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #732 of 2,203

Just a slight update, Galaxy pairing with RSD Silver Litz is brighter and airier, with "super treble"! A near-perfect combo if not for a slight lack of sweetness in the vocals. Pandora presents slightly more intimate vocals which I prefer, but man, that Silver Litz treble... woo!
Im 25 years past that bassing it out with MC Future.

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #733 of 2,203

Quite a daring combo hehe, you weren't lying when you said you wanted max treble. 

Btw, in this case the NT6pro should be on top of your list. 

Sep 20, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #734 of 2,203
With all this OCC talk I hooked it up to Zeus to try again. With the Galaxy I prefer the Golden or 2.98, but the pairing with Zeus - it might be the best pairing I heard so far. This is the most tonally accurate and natural sounding I've heard Zeus so far. The Golden makes Zeus very lively as it has a brighter upper midrange, but while exciting the coloration is not completely natural. 

The Zeus - OCC mk 2 pairing even distracted me from my NT6pro honeymoon phase, took it to work instead that is saying a lot! 
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #735 of 2,203
  With all this OCC talk I hooked it up to Zeus to try again. With the Galaxy I prefer the Golden or 2.98, but the pairing with Zeus - it might be the best pairing I heard so far. This is the most tonally accurate and natural sounding I've heard Zeus so far. The Golden makes Zeus very lively as it has a brighter upper midrange, but while exciting the coloration is not completely natural. 

The Zeus - OCC mk 2 pairing even distracted me from my NT6pro honeymoon phase, took it to work instead that is saying a lot! 
biggrin.gif

if nt6(pro) is as good to be put in the same phrase/comparison with zeus  , they i guess that nt6(pro) is one hell of a ciem (told you that nt6 kicks ass 
wink.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back