RHA T20: in-ear headphone featuring DualCoil™ driver technology.
May 7, 2015 at 6:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 286

Set to debut at the High End show in Munich, Germany, from 14th May, the T20 is the first in-ear headphone to feature RHA’s proprietary DualCoil™ driver technology, engineered to produce levels of resolution, clarity and detail beyond the conventional driver.

The new driver technology features two independently powered voice coils situated in concentric formation around an annular magnet. The voice coils collaborate to manipulate a specially engineered diaphragm, with the outer coil responsible for generating upper midtone and treble frequencies, while the inner coil creates lower mids and bass tones. The result is an ultra-efficient performance driver capable of delivering refined, high resolution audio.

“We’re incredibly excited to bring a brand new technology to the High End show 2015. The T20’s DualCoil™ driver uses micro annular magnets and two voice coils, completely reimagining the conventional dynamic driver to create an in-ear headphone that is able to achieve the highest quality sound reproduction,” said Lewis Heath, Product Director at RHA.

As with the T10i, the T20 features ergonomic, stainless steel housings created using metal injection moulding (MIM) for outstanding durability, comfort and sonic properties. A custom tuning filter system permits sound signature adjustment; in addition to a balanced reference filter, the T20 also includes filters to adjust emphasis on bass or treble frequencies.

Other features include a multicore, 1.35m, oxygen-free copper cable and patent pending mouldable over-ear hooks. Accessories include a premium carry case and ten pairs of silicone and memory foam ear tips in multiple shapes and sizes with holder. The headphone carries a three year international manufacturer’s warranty.

The T20 will be launched at the High End show 2015 in Munich, Germany; attendees can visit Halle 4, A18 from 14th-17th May to audition RHA’s latest product. The T20 will also be available to demonstrate at the Japan Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival from 16th-17th May 2015.

Both the High End show and Fujiya Headphone Festival will also feature an exclusive preview of an entirely new product in a new category for RHA, which will be available for demonstration exclusively to attendees of the shows.

T20 on the RHA website

May 7, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #3 of 286
Wow, amazing!!

I just started listening to the T10 and MA750 earlier this week and if they are anything to go by...can't wait to hear them!

Cheers,
K

May 7, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #5 of 286
Always love to see innovation!!! Kudos to RHA for the new driver.

May 7, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #8 of 286

Grrrrrrrrr! As someone who has been singing the praises of the T10 since buying a pair, I am now in the difficult position of having to save up to buy the T20's! I had a sneak preview of them ten days ago and they sound really nice. They have the same high quality build and a more refined and full bodied sound, I can't wait to get a pair.

May 7, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #10 of 286
  ^ I felt the t10i was too bass heavy for my taste. How did they sound in terms of clarity?

completely agree about the T10i bass heavy- drove me away from the RMAF listening session sooner hoped.
fingers crossed for the T20 now tho!

May 7, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #11 of 286

^ I felt the t10i was too bass heavy for my taste. How did they sound in terms of clarity?

completely agree about the T10i bass heavy- drove me away from the RMAF listening session sooner hoped.
fingers crossed for the T20 now tho!

I think that both of you will be very surprised.  
smile.gif

May 7, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #12 of 286
I think that both of you will be very surprised.  
smile.gif

I hope so. I thought T10 would improve with balance, but it wasnt the case with it, i hope T20 is the T10 i was looking for.

May 7, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #13 of 286
Any firm can make a mediocre bassy IEM... Like T10. What's hard to do is to make a clear, balanced sounding IEM that has bass which can go low and hit hard without bleeding into mids. Let's see if T20 will be that.

May 7, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #14 of 286
I'd be more than happy to help organize a U.S. Review Tour to help get the word out if RHA is willing to donate a loaner pair for the cause.

I thought MA750 were an amazing sounding pair of IEM but the ergonomics just didn't work for me.

T10 ergonomics and build quality were amazing - some of the best I've experienced across many, many IEM to date but the sound wasn't what I was looking for.

T20 sounds like it might be a winner, so how about it RHA Team? Can we get a U.S. Tour going?

May 7, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #15 of 286
This looks extremely interesting. I loved the build and design of the T10I and even enjoyed it's signature after using it exclusively last year. I would love to review this new model but will also understand if RHA would like new reviewers for this go round.

Is there any information on MSRP for this model?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back