RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions
Oct 13, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #827 of 1,127
Do those have a connector? If so maybe you can carefully peel the sleeve off, and exchange it with heat shrinking tube. Just a thought, never tried it myself.

I wouldn't do anything until RHA refuses to replace it. To be honest, something like this shouldn't fall on the shoulders of the person who already paid money for the IEM.

Oct 14, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #828 of 1,127
RHA customer service is top notch. Really excellent.

They replied within minutes and have requested I return them (once proof of purchase was supplied) for their review.

Assuming things progress as hoped they couldn't get any higher praise from me.

I will update again on their decision. I can't imagine they won't agree this is a problem (they've seen the pic) but, I'll not count my chickens just yet.....

Oct 14, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #829 of 1,127
  RHA customer service is top notch. Really excellent.

They replied within minutes and have requested I return them (once proof of purchase was supplied) for their review.

Assuming things progress as hoped they couldn't get any higher praise from me.

I will update again on their decision. I can't imagine they won't agree this is a problem (they've seen the pic) but, I'll not count my chickens just yet.....

I don't have any doubt they'll take care of you.  I really wonder what's causing this, being a chemist.  The only thing I can think of is oil from your skin is reacting with or slightly dissolving the sleeve, allowing it to stretch and deform.  Unless its happening from the inside out, which would be equally or even more odd.

Oct 14, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #831 of 1,127
How well do the t20s seal and stay sealed? My 215s have to be pushed back in every once in a while, hence the thought of getting molds done.

That will vary with each person of course, but I've found the T20 to be one of the least fussy sets I've used. Some people don't like the memory wire, but I think it works rather well once you get the hang of it. They also are very comfortable with foam tips (although not the RHA foam tips). They just kind of fit my ears just right. My 750's require occasional adjustments to keep the right seal, but not the 20's.

Oct 14, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #832 of 1,127
How well do the t20s seal and stay sealed? My 215s have to be pushed back in every once in a while, hence the thought of getting molds done.

I tend to have to push the left one in regularly, but the right stays in fine. I've experimented with various tip sizes and really only the mediums give a good seal in my left ear.

Then said, all IEMs that tried have problems with my left ear in various ways, either getting no seal, or falling out regardless of tip size used. However the T20 is probably the best fitting IEM I've used, despite the need to push it back in regularly.

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #834 of 1,127
I've had this problem and mine is much worse than in the photo here. I do wear them a lot but I'm also extremely careful with them, always being careful in the way I coil the cable and store them. It happened to my first pair within approx. 3 months. I got in touch with RHA who asked me to return them for inspection. I got a replacement pair which I've had for 5 months but this pair have gone exactly the same way. I love the sound but find this cable problem really disappointing for a product at this price. When I returned my first set to RHA I asked for guidance on avoiding the problem in future but the question never got answered.

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #835 of 1,127

​mine looks real bad. not even a year old. got it since they have a 3 year warranty so i thought they would last. unacceptable for something this expensive and without user replaceable cables. if the cables were replaceable it would be ok but sadly that is not the case.

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #836 of 1,127
So. In case RHA are looking in....

Huge thanks from me. I received my replacement set today. Their customer service is off the scale. A genuinely excellent company.

Now, this *could* be my imagination but I swear the material on the memory wire is thinner than it was. Maybe it's just a figment as the last ones were 'swollen' but I'm not sure.

Oct 28, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #837 of 1,127

Huge thanks from me. I received my replacement set today. Their customer service is off the scale. A genuinely excellent company.

Now, this *could* be my imagination but I swear the material on the memory wire is thinner than it was. Maybe it's just a figment as the last ones were 'swollen' but I'm not sure.

Wow, good to hear they replaced your set without too much hassle! I just bought a pair a few weeks ago and it already shows wrinkles and stuff, although they don't nearly look as bad as the examples in this thread. Hope it stays that way but I expect it to get worse. I wind them up carefully and use the travel case all the time while not using them. 

Oct 29, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #840 of 1,127

I think it's the same. Looks like mine does, although I haven't had the problem others have experienced. I think you're being deceived by the wrinkled swollen jacket on your old set. Although I haven't experienced it, it seems to be a widespread problem. I hope RHA sorts it out. They're one of the good guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back