RHA MA750i vs Vsonic GR07/BE/MK2
Jun 14, 2014 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

HifiNinjaSmash

New Head-Fier
I've searched high and low through here and /r/headphones and just can't seem to find a definitive answer as to which IEM people think is better.

My budget is $100-$150, max at $175, preferred ordering through Amazon.

I listen to primarily electronic music (EDM, trance, liquid dubstep, house, etc etc.) but I'm not really a basshead. I'm looking for a clear, somewhat "fun" sound and treble that's not rolled off (much) but isn't sibilant. Also no bass bleed or recessed mids please.

As much as I like the adjustable nozzles on the GR07, build quality is definitely better with the MA750i.
I also want to know if either or both of these IEMs fit flush inside the ear (think Shure SE xx5 series).

Edit: I know the MA750i has some driver flex issues, anyone know if this is a problem on the GR07?
Edit 2: Fixed spelling of headphones. It's hard to see on a tiny screen >_<

Jun 15, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #2 of 4
Honestly, I think the GR07 edges out as a winner between the two. The RHA sounds slightly boring too.

Jun 15, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #3 of 4
While I haven't heard the GR07 before, just some opinions about the MA750i...

The earphone itself is very low profile (I'm assuming that's what you are referring to when asking whether it sits flush with the ear).

While there have been numerous reports of driver flex, my latest pair of MA750i does not have the issue (gave my first pair away as a gift).

Jun 15, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #4 of 4
I thought the GR07 had a bit of an edge, but was still indecisive. Funny you say it sounds boring, everyone else seems to think otherwise. :p

Yes, low-profile is the correct term, just couldn't think of what to call it (I've heard it called a negative profile fit from Lachlan Likes a Thing). I was worried that the MA750i would stick out a bit, but that's good news.

I'm going to order the GR07 MK2 in silver then. Thanks to both of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back