RHA MA750 Wireless -- Stuttering with my Fiio X5-iii
May 25, 2018 at 2:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Moosbrugger

Head-Fier
Maybe this should go in the Fiio X5-iii thread?

I just picked up the RHA MA750 on sale at a local shop. I'm pretty happy with it -- although I've got a bad cold and my ears are all clogged up. I've been using it with both my iPhone 8 plus and my Fiio X5-iii. No problems with the iPhone. With the Fiio, however, I keep getting stuttering. Sometimes the I'll go 10 minutes with no problem, and then there are a few "skps". Sometimes the stuttering gives me flashbacks of my old scratched vinyl records. I've tried playing the same songs on both units. The Fiio has not given me problems streaming to any other bluetooth device.

Since the problem doesn't occur with the iPhone, I'm assuming its an issue with the communication between the Fiio and the MA750? Or perhaps the MA750 has problems with Android-based devices?

Any thoughts? Should I just try to get a replacement under warranty?

Oh -- and I noticed that the frequency range for the MA750 caps out at 20Khz. Is it odd that a hi-end headphone doesn't go up to 40Khz?

Last edited:
May 28, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #2 of 5
To verify the problem, you need another same player to do an AB test.
20kHz is around the cap of normal human listening. 40kHz is the benchmark to be Hi-Res certified. Sony produced earphones that hit 100kHz but I think it does not really make a huge difference.

May 28, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #3 of 5
Well, just guessing, but it looks like the ma750 is making an AAC Bluetooth connection with the iPhone...no surprises there. But I suspect the ma750 is connecting with the fiio x5 iii with SBC, rather than Apt-x. If you can get a catlog through the fiio x5 iii to verify this. But pretty much sounds like the problem.

May 29, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #4 of 5
The Fiio says its connecting with Apt-x, but I'll check again tonight. Perhaps it drops from Apt-x to a different standard.

Should I post the question inthe Fiio X5-iii thread? I hate to double up.

May 29, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #5 of 5
Humm...well, those symptoms could be a couple of things...but most likely the connection. I'd believe a verified aptx through a catlog though. I did have an issue similar to what you describe, but found it to be purely centered on the player I was using - Poweramp at the time had some issues with my android and Bluetooth...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back