RHA MA750 vs DUNU DN-1000
Feb 20, 2017 at 12:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

eelnwahs

Head-Fier
I'm between these headphones, which would be suitable to handle all different kinds of music from pop punk to rap to metal core to acoustic to pop and has great isolation for work. I also will be wearing these 8 hours a day at work so comfort is definitely a consideration.

Feb 20, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #2 of 12
I'm between these headphones, which would be suitable to handle all different kinds of music from pop punk to rap to metal core to acoustic to pop and has great isolation for work. I also will be wearing these 8 hours a day at work so comfort is definitely a consideration.

Personally, for me, the DN-1000 is overall the better-sounding IEM of the two over the widest range of music. That said, the RHA is better-made and probably more comfortable for me. Isolation can always be futzed with depending on what brand and type of tip you are using, so that's a non-factor for me. Lastly, you are wearing these 8 hours a day. RHA has a three-year warranty and outstanding build quality , which could come in handy given how much you will be using them.

Feb 20, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #3 of 12
Personally, for me, the DN-1000 is overall the better-sounding IEM of the two over the widest range of music. That said, the RHA is better-made and probably more comfortable for me. Isolation can always be futzed with depending on what brand and type of tip you are using, so that's a non-factor for me. Lastly, you are wearing these 8 hours a day. RHA has a three-year warranty and outstanding build quality , which could come in handy given how much you will be using them.

I'm actually coming from a dn-2000 that I no longer have and while they were the best sounding headphone I've ever experienced, they did become uncomfortable when worn for long periods of time

Feb 20, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #4 of 12
I agree with Serman, the Dunu DN 1000 is a step up from the MA750 soundwise. Build wise though the Dunu is quite large and the MA750 is the more comfy by far imo.

DN1k is quite bright, so highs can be quite sharp (but good quality) and the mid bass is slightly more emphasised than sub bass.

MA750 goes a bit lower, but bass quality isn't as good. There is a slight veil to the mids in the RHA also, so the Dunu is more detailed. Both have good soundstage.

Both offer good sound and as Serman said the RHA has a great warranty, and tips can  make all the difference. I like foam tips and for super isolation I wear SpinFits.

You should look into the Trinity Audio Delta. They are a company set-up by some long time members of Head Fi, Fit wise it's very comfy and theycome with 7 filters which change the sound signature ever so slightly, without breaking away from the overall sound. So more/less bass, treble, etc. It's very musical and good for many genres.

https://trinity-audio-engineering.myshopify.com/products/trinity-delta

Feb 20, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #5 of 12
I agree with Serman, the Dunu DN 1000 is a step up from the MA750 soundwise. Build wise though the Dunu is quite large and the MA750 is the more comfy by far imo.

DN1k is quite bright, so highs can be quite sharp (but good quality) and the mid bass is slightly more emphasised than sub bass.

MA750 goes a bit lower, but bass quality isn't as good. There is a slight veil to the mids in the RHA also, so the Dunu is more detailed. Both have good soundstage.

Both offer good sound and as Serman said the RHA has a great warranty, and tips can  make all the difference. I like foam tips and for super isolation I wear SpinFits.

You should look into the Trinity Audio Delta. They are a company set-up by some long time members of Head Fi, Fit wise it's very comfy and theycome with 7 filters which change the sound signature ever so slightly, without breaking away from the overall sound. So more/less bass, treble, etc. It's very musical and good for many genres.

https://trinity-audio-engineering.myshopify.com/products/trinity-delta

I am actually coming from a dn-2000 and I was looking for something a little budget to replace it. Objectively for sound quality the dn-2000 is my favorite IEM by far but keeping them in for a long time they would start to get uncomfortable. That's why I'm curious about the ma750 as it seems like a compromise between comfort, isolation and sound.

Feb 20, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #6 of 12
I am actually coming from a dn-2000 and I was looking for something a little budget to replace it. Objectively for sound quality the dn-2000 is my favorite IEM by far but keeping them in for a long time they would start to get uncomfortable. That's why I'm curious about the ma750 as it seems like a compromise between comfort, isolation and sound.

I actually preferred the 1000 over the 2000. It's been a while since I had the 2k but I'm sure the 1k is even bigger so take that into consideration.

If you like the Dunu sound you might be disappointed by the veil in the mids on teh mA750. The Dunus are far more detailed. That being said they still are a good earphone.

If it is just for work why don't you go for a more budget friendly set. There are plenty gems in the Asian brands that are well reviewed on Head Fi. 

One of my favourite earphones for sound is the HLSX BK50. Looks wise it ain't gonna win any beauty contests, but sound-wise it can punch WAY above it's weight. It's got a very wide soundstage, lots of detail, deep good quality bass and is around £25.

Go to the Asian gems thread. 

Feb 20, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #8 of 12
I actually preferred the 1000 over the 2000. It's been a while since I had the 2k but I'm sure the 1k is even bigger so take that into consideration.

If you like the Dunu sound you might be disappointed by the veil in the mids on teh mA750. The Dunus are far more detailed. That being said they still are a good earphone.

If it is just for work why don't you go for a more budget friendly set. There are plenty gems in the Asian brands that are well reviewed on Head Fi. 

One of my favourite earphones for sound is the HLSX BK50. Looks wise it ain't gonna win any beauty contests, but sound-wise it can punch WAY above it's weight. It's got a very wide soundstage, lots of detail, deep good quality bass and is around £25.

Go to the Asian gems thread. 

Mostly looking because I listen to music 8 hours a day at work and my ears have been spoiled by the dn-2000 for the past year so I miss actually hearing music

Also I really need something that isolates well because I like to music louder and I can't have any sound leaking out

Feb 20, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #9 of 12
Mostly looking because I listen to music 8 hours a day at work and my ears have been spoiled by the dn-2000 for the past year so I miss actually hearing music

Also I really need something that isolates well because I like to music louder and I can't have any sound leaking out

I'd def rule out the Dn 1k as i struggled having them in for long sessions, they were just too big. Finding a tip for them was a never ending process. I finally settled on SpinFits.

What's your budget? Are you in the UK

Feb 20, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #10 of 12

I was look 100-150 USD. I'm in the United States

Feb 20, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #11 of 12
The best set I have that isolates really well is the Yamaha EPH100. They are small and go deep in the ear and have their own special custom tips. You hear nothing from outside and vice versa.

They have good balance. Bass is tight and punchy, good resolution. Mids are tidy and clean. Treble extends well too. i would put them just in the middle between MA750 and Dn 1k for sound. They are also built too last.

Feb 20, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #12 of 12
Funnily enough, apart from the Dunu Dn 1000 and Dn 2000, i also have the Titan 1 and (had) the Titan 3... the only one I haven't got is the Titan 5 which I'm actually considering buying myself. I've read a couple of reviews from long time members that actually say it is a bit similar to the Dn 2000 sound signature.

Well, my final recommendation would be the Trinity Audio Delta. Taking everything into account that you are after that is. The good thing about Trinity Audio is if you are not satisfied they have a good returns policy. Well built, good isolation, filters, Plenty reviews about here to read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back