RHA DAC/AMP L1
May 19, 2015 at 8:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 99

gikigill

Headphoneus Supremus
RHA seems to be getting into the DAC/AMP market with this entry.

Details as per this website: http://www.hifiinsider.com/rha-dacamp-m1

"We were delighted to offer an early prototype preview of an upcoming product to attendees at the High End Show in Munich and the Fujiya Avic show in Tokyo.

An official announcement and further information about the product will be available soon."

According to the display at RHA's exhibit at Munich High-End show, the upcoming DACAMP M1 will have TWO ESS ES9018K2M DACs and will likely carry the "Hi-Res" certification badge.

May 19, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #2 of 99
Wow - exciting. 
popcorn.gif

So what do we have so far:

Specifications (assumption from pictures):

Inputs (all on bottom of device):
- micro USB for charging/PC for use as DAC/Amp
- 3.5mm analogue in
- USB (standard) for iOS/Android OTG (???)

Outputs:
- mini XLR (4-pin) (top)
- 3.5mm Headphone out (top)
- 3.5mm line out (on bottom)

Controls:

Top:
- Volume wheel 

Side:
- Gain control
- Bass Control
- Treble Control

Bottom:
- Input selector switch

Pictures: http://www.hifiinsider.com/rha-dacamp-m1

Comment/Speculation:
Amazing - mini XLR connectors. Love that. Though an option with RSA/Alo Kobiconn would have been nice too, but I am sure adapters can be made. I LOVE the oldschool gnarled wheels - it looks like this will be a joy to use. The Gain/Treble/Bass control looks like they are wheels and they hopefully control a hardware treble/bass boost, let;'s see if they are free wheeling or in steps. 

Cheers,
K

May 20, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #3 of 99
I've always associated RHA with bang for your buck, coming out with products that punch way above their price tags. 

This DAC+amp doesn't sound cheap, with dual DACs and a balanced out option, so I'll be following the M1's progress with great interest.

However, I have to say that I'm not a big fan of the current design but it being a prototype, things should change during its development.

May 22, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #7 of 99
They seem to have taken a refreshingly different approach to the design, I do like the look of it let's wait and see how it sounds. Hope they are in the London CanJam as I am planning on attending!

Jun 17, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #13 of 99
@RHA Team Any news about this beauty, any plans for tour??

Here is some eye candy... unfortunately just a prototype we were not allowed to listen to (non-working)....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back