Revox 3100 headphones ( Vintage Beyer DT880 600 ohm)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type
For Sale
Currency
USD
Price
post-7609290
Post #1 of 2

nkkuma

Now known as gogators.
Reaction score

Revox 3100 headphones ( Vintage Beyer DT880 600 ohm). Excellent working and cosmetic condition, very balanced sound with good bass, sparkling highs and remains very very smooth. Ask for price shipped in US, will ship worldwide with actual shipping fees. prefer paypal as gift or add 3%.

"REVOX 3100

The Revox 3100 is an OEM version of the DT880 600Ohms and sound nearly the same as the current models but has some noticeable differences.

Side by side you can tell they are a DT880 just from their sound signature but they do have differences. The first difference is that they have a smoother and slightly softer treble. This may be because of their age but I doubt it. Also the next difference is that they have more midrange body. It add a nice body to the sound. It's not as detailed/resolving of a midrange as the current 600Ohm model, but still good. Also the bass is different. The bass has less body and weight to it, but it's also tighter and more realistic, but lacks some of the layering of the current model. The soundstage on the 3100 is also very slightly smaller than the current model. It's still airy but not as wide sounding. Next is the speed of the headphone and I must say it's faster sounding than the current model. Decay is faster and transient speeds is quite obvious between the models. The newer model seems a touch slower in comparison.

So IMO the Revox 3100 is superior to the current DT880/600Ohm. It has more speed, better transients, smoother treble, tighter bass, and more midrange. Clearly I believe it's superior to the current line."

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/513393/guide-sonic-differences-between-dt770-dt990-models-more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)