Revisiting music collection and noticing new details...
Nov 5, 2008 at 3:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rjp

100+ Head-Fier
After I went ahead with a project of ripping my entire CD collection to FLAC, I've been revisiting music that I haven't played in a while. Earlier tonight, I had the Grateful Dead's In the Dark album up, listening to it with my SR60s for the first time. Surprise, surprise, I heard details in the music that I had never heard before! There were a lot of subtle guitar details that I had never noticed before... especially in "West L.A. Fadeaway."

It seems to me that a lot of stuff got lost in the shuffle with other 'phones I've used - even my (formerly and to some extent still) sorely-missed Azdens.

It's hard to say how much of that is from the headphones versus how much of it is from a better DAC and amp, but it's magic at any rate.

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #2 of 4
When I began ripping AACs for my iPod, I rediscovered a lot of forgotten music. Then again when I got into checking out better headphones a few months ago.

Nov 5, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #3 of 4
Great to hear.
That's what its all about, enjoying music!
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #4 of 4
Isn't it wonderful?
wink.gif
I remember listening to (not exactly the best-produced music, but I digress) Leaves' Eyes, and stuff I had thought was recording noise through my SR80s turned out to be orchestral details behind the guitars, growls and clean female vocals in my SR325is.

That was fun.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back