Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Aug 6, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #1,936 of 2,057
Although only 8ohm they do require sufficient current to drive well, volume is not everything. I still love mine after several years.
Agreed, and am driving these off a Hugo 2 primarily at home. Am realizing though for travel when I don't need noise cancelling but want pretty great sound, it's a lot easier to bring these without the Hugo. It kind of freaks me out when I'm traveling with the Hugo 2 and HD 820, my other good closed cans. That's just too much $ to risk when traveling given that I've left headphones on a plane more than once.

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #1,937 of 2,057
So I've encountered a rather peculiar problem. The 3.5mm jack on my cable seems to have an issue. When I connect the headphones to my fiio a5, what happens is that either I get a hyper recessed midrange or I get uneven audio quality or I get this effect where the music sounds like it's being played in the ither room with thick doors closed.

I can tell it's the cable and the 3.5mm jack, because when I apply some pressure on the jack, it cause the audio to go back to normal.

Is there any way to fix the cable? Or should I just get a new cable (Maybe a balanced one?)

Sep 23, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #1,938 of 2,057
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could compare the Final Sonorous VI with the Shure SRH1540? I've got the shares, love the soundstage, details and airiness, don't like the boomy midbass. Would the Sonorous be an upgrade, particularly listening to classical etc? And how is comfort? I've seen a bit, are they really uncomfortable??

thanks!

Nov 16, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #1,941 of 2,057
Yes but sometimes it´s too much, when I´m hearing it with the Fulla amp, even at lowest volume, the sound is too bright then I moved to the Sen 660 (150 Ohm) for a better combo.
But except that I enjoy these cans.

For me this brightness level is ok. It's all depend on quality of the track itself and the source. It sounds ok from samsung s10e with calm music not much instruments. With some progressive metal this phone is lost when it hit wall of sound. But for that dx220 is doing very good job on low gain. I find it more refined from high gain. I still need to find some balanced cable for this headphones as from my experience it ease even more the sound. Music just flow like a river with balanced source.

Nov 16, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #1,942 of 2,057
For me this brightness level is ok. It's all depend on quality of the track itself and the source. It sounds ok from samsung s10e with calm music not much instruments. With some progressive metal this phone is lost when it hit wall of sound. But for that dx220 is doing very good job on low gain. I find it more refined from high gain. I still need to find some balanced cable for this headphones as from my experience it ease even more the sound. Music just flow like a river with balanced source.
The same for me, looking for a balanced cable, seen somewhere that we could use a Meze (Classic ?), dont´t know if someone already try. My sonorous are perfect with Fiio X7II (AM5), but who knows with a balanced one.

Nov 16, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #1,943 of 2,057
The same for me, looking for a balanced cable, seen somewhere that we could use a Meze (Classic ?), dont´t know if someone already try. My sonorous are perfect with Fiio X7II (AM5), but who knows with a balanced one.
Yes I look the same deal for cable. Its 50% off now, maybe there will be some bf deal. If not it's still good price because I dont want to waste too much time for gathering DIY components to solder one for myself. https://mezeaudio.eu/products/99series2-5-balanced-cable

Nov 16, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #1,944 of 2,057
Yes I look the same deal for cable. Its 50% off now, maybe there will be some bf deal. If not it's still good price because I dont want to waste too much time for gathering DIY components to solder one for myself. https://mezeaudio.eu/products/99series2-5-balanced-cable
Thanks for the info, well the AM5 has no balanced output, will have to reinstall original AM3A amp on the X7 which have one and try with this cable and not shure I will have an upgraded sound, if you take this cable, please let me know how things are going...

Nov 17, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #1,945 of 2,057

Also looking for a balanced cable for Sonorous VI. I was told that this hp sounds the best with a balanced cable made of pure copper, with this forza claire cable exactly.
Since it's very expensive I was thinking buying the mentioned Meze balanced cable and found this review on meze audio site:

"I have a Sonorous Final Headphone VI DAP FiiO X5 III: the original cable is already very good, giving the headphones a very nice balance. After connecting the balanced cable Meze, I must say that I am very surprised at the result! Much more eration, sound plans are better staged. The stamps are better and more accurate, giving each record a real wealth!
Everything is precise and nuanced:
Giving the desire to listen to all my discotheque !
Great deal for this price: I like a new headphone with not only a much richer listening, but really extraordinary !!!"

Anyone tried and can confirm this cable really works with sonorous? Isn't the sound too bright with it?

Nov 17, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #1,946 of 2,057
Also looking for a balanced cable for Sonorous VI. I was told that this hp sounds the best with a balanced cable made of pure copper, with this forza claire cable exactly.
Since it's very expensive I was thinking buying the mentioned Meze balanced cable and found this review on meze audio site:

"I have a Sonorous Final Headphone VI DAP FiiO X5 III: the original cable is already very good, giving the headphones a very nice balance. After connecting the balanced cable Meze, I must say that I am very surprised at the result! Much more eration, sound plans are better staged. The stamps are better and more accurate, giving each record a real wealth!
Everything is precise and nuanced:
Giving the desire to listen to all my discotheque !
Great deal for this price: I like a new headphone with not only a much richer listening, but really extraordinary !!!"

Anyone tried and can confirm this cable really works with sonorous? Isn't the sound too bright with it?

it works, and it's now 50% off. pretty good deal. I don't find it too bright.

Dec 8, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #1,947 of 2,057
p1.jpg
p2.jpg
I recommend replacing the original pads with these Shure SRH1840 and comfort increases by 100%.

Dec 12, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #1,948 of 2,057
Thanks for the info, well the AM5 has no balanced output, will have to reinstall original AM3A amp on the X7 which have one and try with this cable and not shure I will have an upgraded sound, if you take this cable, please let me know how things are going...

Had finally some time to listen SVI with this meze cable and there is no going back to stock one. There is bigger soundstage with proper instruments separation. Huge ease with revealing what was hidden before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back