Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Feb 1, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #1,832 of 2,057
I just purchased the Sonorous VI. Bought the IV in December because of a holiday sale, was impressed with the sound that I had to buy the VI.

According to final’s website, the drivers between the two models are the same as is the overall design, just the ear cups and other resonance controlling methods were employed to better the sound. And better the sound the VI does. I’m extremely happy with my purchase. The bass is deeper with better texture and decay and the trebles are smoother yet still retain the enhanced clarity and spatial characteristics that made the IV a great listen.

I’m up to 40 hours of play time, so I’ll see if further improvements come, but as it is right now, I love the sound. IVs are up for sale in the classifieds for a great price.
hi, how much the VI is better than the IV? I own the IV.

Feb 1, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #1,833 of 2,057
hi, how much the VI is better than the IV? I own the IV.

It’s hard to quantify, but if there are times when you feel the IV’s upper frequencies are too bright, then you will be happy with the VI. Also, better bass. Essentially the VI is a refined version of the IV; it takes its weaknesses and improves upon them.

Feb 16, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #1,834 of 2,057
Hi,
Just bought myself a Pandora Hope VI.
Wow, what a headphone! Normal pads are little to thin.
Trying them with Brainwavz round Sheepskin pads.. So far they are simply THE BEST closed cans I have ever tried :)
Cheers
IMG_20190214_104253.jpg

Feb 18, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #1,835 of 2,057
Hi Guys and Girls,
Anyone using or tried PH/Sonorous VI with AK SP1000? Do they make a good synergy?
I fall in love with these beautyful cans thanks to your opinions read here in the thread but do not have a chance to test it with my dap before the purchase.
Thanks!

Feb 18, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #1,836 of 2,057
Hi Guys and Girls,
Anyone using or tried PH/Sonorous VI with AK SP1000? Do they make a good synergy?
I fall in love with these beautyful cans thanks to your opinions read here in the thread but do not have a chance to test it with my dap before the purchase.
Thanks!

I use an AK240SS with my VI and love it. If you really like upper frequency detail and extension, yes, I imagine a SP1000 would work beautifully. If, however, you find your VI borderline in the treble presentation, then the copper will warm it a tad.

Congrats on your VI! Fabulous headphone.

Feb 18, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #1,837 of 2,057
I should mention I made an assumption that my final D8000 cables with the same locking connectors would lock on the VI (and I imagine the rest of the Sonorous line), but they don’t. Although the connectors when looked at up close seem identical except for build quality, something is off just a millimeter or less since the plugs will connect, but you can’t twist and lock them in.

No matter to me, I like the sound better with the nicer cables.

Feb 18, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #1,838 of 2,057
I use an AK240SS with my VI and love it. If you really like upper frequency detail and extension, yes, I imagine a SP1000 would work beautifully. If, however, you find your VI borderline in the treble presentation, then the copper will warm it a tad.

Congrats on your VI! Fabulous headphone.

Thanks for your reply!
Dont have the VI yet but your words put me even closer to pull the trigger.
Do you use them with balanced or SE?

Feb 18, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #1,839 of 2,057
Thanks for your reply!

I don’t have a balanced cable yet, but my understanding is final will be selling the D8000 cables shortly, including a balanced version. I’m likely going to buy one of those even though it won’t lock down like a Sonorous cable.

I’m in the market for a high end portable amplifier to use with the 240SS, but I haven’t found one that checks all my boxes yet, maybe a Woo WA11.

Feb 18, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #1,840 of 2,057
Thanks for your reply!
Hello,
Was looking for balanced, Final once had some for this headphone but impossible to find today, heard that some people were using HE
cables, but the connectors are so specifics...if someone have a better idea.

Feb 18, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #1,841 of 2,057
Hello,
Was looking for balanced, Final once had some for this headphone but impossible to find today, heard that some people were using HE
cables, but the connectors are so specifics...if someone have a better idea.

Just contacted Forza Works and they confirmed that they have special connectors which work well with Final cans.

Feb 19, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #1,843 of 2,057
All,

A couple of things:

Pads: I'm using Mr Speaker's Ether C - to my ears they are the best replacement, solves a number of problems. I've tried the ZMF perforated Lambskin Oris, but didn't like them as much
Cable Upgrade: I was planning on getting the D8000 balanced cable but its like $1000.... instead I found these on Amazon for the Meze 99 - they connectors are thin enough that they work!!!

Search amazon for Meze 99 balanced and you'll see a bunch of options. I went with the 4-pin balanced XLR from NewFantasia

Didn't really notice a difference. The single-ended already sounds so good even the built-in phone/pc dacs.

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back