Reviewers wanted - Sound Blaster products
Jul 9, 2015 at 6:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 291

LucasCL

Member of the Trade: Creative Labs
Hi guys! I am Lucas from the Sound Blaster Team. If you don’t know us by now, we specialize in making the best sounding sound cards, portable speakers/amplifiers and headphones (if we might say so ☺)!

We’ve been on Head-Fi for a little over six months and would really love to hear what you have to say about our latest products. Now, we are looking out for Head-Fi’ers to review the following products, who can share their experience with the community!

Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable Wireless Speaker – 10 units

Aurvana In-Ear3 Plus Earphones – 5 units

Sound Blaster E5 Portable Headphone Amplifier – 5 units

To apply, simply reply this thread with the details stated below. Applications will be closed in seven days’ time. Only selected reviewers will be contacted.

Which product(s) you would like to review (you may rank the products if more than one):
Head-Fi username: Location (City/Country):
Do you own any similar products? If yes, which:
Link(s) to a previous review(s):
How would you help us to evangelize the product?

Terms and Conditions:
• Selected reviewers should post in this thread when headphones are received/posted and agree to write a review of the Head Gear section of Head-Fi.org
• Review unit is non-returnable. It’s for you to keep but we do encourage you to pass it on to other forum users if you like. ☺
• Please allow us to share your review on our website, marketing collateral and other relevant social media content.

Please do not hesitate to PM me if you have questions.

Thanks!
Lucas

Jul 9, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #2 of 291
EvShrug: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Will edit this post, just finished a review on the E1, previously X7, Recon3D, been posting about Omni for a long time...

Reviews
Creative's Recon3D USB External Surround Processor Review
E12 Mont Blanc Portable Amp review
AKG K712 Pro - Live First Impressions
Creative Labs' Sound Blaster X7
Creative Labs' Sound Blaster E1

I've just cleared a lot of stuff on my plate (just moved! Just got engaged! Family reunion! Just finished a career experience for work!), and a small backlog of reviews I want to do, but I'm back on doing reviews and would like to review the E5 for a YouTube series, as well as on here, if possible. I also have an opinions/debate thread linked in my signature where I talk about the state of the industry and where it might be going, and invite others to discuss.

The roar 1 was awesome, saved the day a few times (like last night when I sang to my gf before proposing), didn't know you guys were making a V2!

Jul 9, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #3 of 291
Jinglesman: Cork/Ireland:
I own  2 UE Booms, beats by Dre UrBeats, have a new set of AKG Q701s that are crying out for a good amp.
I haven't started doing reviews yet.
I have always being a big fan of Creative's products, my first mp3 player was the Zen Micro and my first set of speakers were Creative as well. I have always enjoyed music ,but only recently started taking it to audiophile levels. I have learned a lot from Head-fi and High Fidelity audio community in the past few months. I want to give back to the community to has given me so much enjoyment and the company that started it all.

Jul 9, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #4 of 291
  1. Target Product: Sound Blaster E5
  2. Head-fi Username: morethansense
  3. Location: Perth, Australia
  4. Do you own any similar products? If yes, which:
    1. ​Portable amps: Cayin C5, PA2v2, edit: AT-PH50BT on its way.
    2. Devices that I will review with:
      1. SE846, Noble Audio 4, AKG K7XX, Beyerdynamic DT880 250ohm
      2. iPod Nano 7th Gen, OnePlus One, Windows PC
  5. Link(s) to a previous review(s):
    1. ​Audio-related: Denon D510
    2. Non-audio (more recent): Solarforce S2200 Flashlight, Solarforce L2T Flashlight
  6. How would you help us to evangelize the product?
    1. ​My (more recent) reviews are not status quo advertising technically-worded mishmash. I try my best to keep it frank and say what a customer would actually notice on opening and frequent use. I try to use more qualitative and emotive descriptors rather than just regurgitating spec sheets.
    2. Other than that, I don't really have a large fan base or following or anything. I'm just a simple audio tech.

Jul 9, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #5 of 291
Order of Preference:
1) Sound Blaster E5 Portable Amp
2) Aurvana In-Ear3 Plus 
3) Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable Speaker

Username: VaultChild

Owned: I have the Nuforce Icon HD which is a bit similar to the E5. In terms of IEM's, I own the GR07 Classic. No experience with portable speakers.

Reviews: No reviews on Head-Fi yet, but I have written Amazon reviews for audio products. I plan to start writing Head-Fi reviews in the near future.

Evangelize: I would love to test anything from Creative, but the E5 particularly interests me. Of course, if it's a good product, it would be great to let others know as well. I spend a lot of time on audio subreddits, and help people out whenever I can. While I don't have any experience with the Creative brand, I've heard of them and would love to put them to the test.

Jul 9, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #6 of 291
Username: hatecrew1992
Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT-770 32Ohm, Hifiman HE-400, Cosmic Ears CE2, Sennheiser HD595, Bose Quietcomfort 25, Etymotic HF-5
AMP/DACs: Maveric audio D1, Creativ Soundblaster Z, Fiio X1

I don't have any reviews up on head-fi yet, but would really like to see how the E5 performes when compared to the soundblaster Z. I do have some experience with IEMs, since the two mentioned are only the latest itterations in my search for nice commuter in-ears, but my experience with speakers is somewhat limited, expecially when it comes to bluetooth speakers. Besides Head-fi, I would also post my review on some german forums where I already have some reviews up.  

Jul 9, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #7 of 291
Location (City/Country): Pasadena Maryland

- Bose sound link

- Shure SE846

- Teac ha-p50

Link(s) to a previous review(s): http://www.head-fi.org/users/366651/reviews

I feel like Id be able to offer good comparisons to the other products I own. Ive been particularly looking for a new DAC for use with my PA equipment and a portable speaker for when im out and about working. I am 19 years old currently and apparently thats really interesting to some people on head-fi. I often work with PA and recording equipment as I do live sound for shows as my one of my primary focuses.

Edit: would be most interested in reviewing the portable speaker or the DAC. Im in the market for both. More so the speaker as of the time of this edit.

Jul 9, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #8 of 291
Which product(s) you would like to review (you may rank the products if more than one):
Order of Preference:
1) Aurvana In-Ear3 Plus
2) Sound Blaster E5 Portable Amp 
3) Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable Speaker

Head-Fi username: doublea71  

Do you own any similar products? If yes, which: Aurisonics Rockets, VSonic GR07, Fiio E17 Amp/DAC

Link(s) to a previous review(s): See Signature below. Also involved in current tours for RHA T20i earphones and Cayin C5 Amp/DAC

How would you help us to evangelize the product? I will give my honest impressions in a concise, well-written review that will make sense to both novice and experienced hobbyists alike. I can take some photographs, as well.

Thanks for the offer - I hope I'm among the lucky few!

Jul 9, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #9 of 291

1. The sound roar blaster 2 is a wireless speaker that I want to compare against the true religion speaker. While my comment may appear to be an insult (true religion, really?), I honestly do not find bluetooth speakers all that interesting. However, now that I own the true religion speaker, I find myself somewhat amazed at the sound it can output for the going price (not at the $150 retail). The mids are surprisingly good, but i find bass to be lacking. If I do become picked to review the bluetooth speaker, I would be happy to compare it against the true religion speakers, along with my sony sscs5 bookshelf speakers, and headphones that I own.

2. sound blaster e5 portable headphone amplifier - I own the cayin c5 and the fiio e6 to compare against this product.

3. The Aurvana in-ear3 plus, especially since i own a lot of in ear monitors such as the ortofon eq-5, the hifiman 262, audio technica ck10, the audio technica im02, the audio technica ckr9, the kef m200, and more. 

Head-Fi username: Location (City/Country): vlenbo (Harlingen/United States)

Do you own any similar products? If yes, which: 1. Only the wireless true religion speaker. I plan to ask my friend to lend me his beats pill by dr dre wireless speaker.
2. The cayin c5 amplifier, the fiio e6.
3. A lot of in-ears.

Link(s) to a previous review(s): http://www.head-fi.org/t/773134/signature-acoustics-c-12-an-elemental-underdog-with-great-finesse-in-emotional-conveyance  <-- This is a review that I have on a small indian company that deserves the attention for what they offer in India alone. I plan to do an audio technica headphone review soon.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/774031/audio-technica-headphone-analysis-thread-feat-r70x-and-msr7#post_11752610 <--- This is somewhat of a review, a review and analysis of all the audio techncia headphones I've done. I'll be reviewing each individually.

How would you help us to evangelize the product? - I would share the product with my friends and strangers, especially since I'm well acquainted with most of them. I also plan to post this review in my blog, even if I lack the views. That's about as much as I can do, though I will also put the products on tour as I did with the ckr9s.

However, take note that I will only praise the product if it performs well. If say, the Creative Aurvana in-ear 3 trounces other audio products, then I may evangelize the product itself. If the sound, or even the quality of the product itself is questionable, then I will harshly criticize the product in my review. The Audio Technica Msr7 might be one of those products that will experience heavy criticism for me, despite how good it sounds.

Jul 9, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #10 of 291
Which product(s) you would like to review (you may rank the products if more than one):SoundBlaster roar 2
Head-Fi username GREMLiN87ZYX Location (Las Vegas,NV):
Do you own any similar products? If yes, which: sound blaster roar and sound blaster woof
How would you help us to evangelize the product? I'm already familiar with creative products got my sound blaster roar and woof from the 2015 ces

Jul 9, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #11 of 291
Which product(s) you would like to review (you may rank the products if more than one):SoundBlaster roar 2

Head-Fi username: Giebler Location (Philadelphia, PA)

Do you own any similar products? If yes, which: Cambridge Soundworks OontZ XL

How would you help us to evangelize the product? As a former employee and developer of Creative products, I constantly recommend products to friends on Facebook.

Jul 9, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #13 of 291
E5 - Aurvana - Sound Blaster Roar2

Head-Fi username: Location (City/Country):
WayneWoondirts: Graz/Austra

Cambridge Audio Go V2, FiiO E12

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ultraportable-hi-res-dap/reviews/13086

so far the only one on head-fi, but I'm currently working on at least two more to come

Since I am a very tech savvy person and working a lot with Linux machines, I'd show interested customers how to get the maximum out of the E5 with very little effort.
I will focus on the most important features of the device/IEM for less audiophile customers to see what value these products have.

Jul 9, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #14 of 291
Which product(s) you would like to review (you may rank the products if more than one): Sound Blaster E5 Portable Headphone Amplifier 
Head-Fi username: dimdimbombom
Location (City/Country): London, United Kingdom
Do you own any similar products? If yes, which: fiio e17
Link(s) to a previous review(s): I would really want to compare the performance between fiio e17 and the Sound Blaster E5 by pairing it with my AKG K702 which is known to require a good amp to bring the bass to life.
How would you help us to evangelize the product? As a proud owner of many Creative products, from 5.1 speakers, sound cards to zen, I have always been spreading my words beyond audiophile community to all walks of life.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing back!

Jul 9, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #15 of 291
Which product(s) you would like to review:
Sound Blaster Roar 2

Head-Fi username:
Bananas Ananas

Location (City/Country):
Cape Coral, Florida, United States (early May to mid August)
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States (mid August to early May)

Bose Soundlink Color, Bose Soundlink Mini II, Cambridge Audio Oontz, Harman Kardon Esquire Mini, and Jawbone Big Jambox. I have also had Bang & Olufsen Beoplay A2, but I returned it due to connection and distortion issues.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A2M86U0B58SP06/ref=cm_aya_bb_pdp

I would use the speaker in many social settings and thus offer many people chance to hear it. Due to price point and features of Roar 2, I believe it will create interest among people upon hearing it. I do believe that the word of mouth is the best way to spread positive (and negative) ideas about products or other things, so I'd recommend this product to anyone looking for a bluetooth speaker as long as it's worthwhile to recommend. Finally, if the product beats Bose Soundlink Mini II, then I'll praise it like a God whenever there is an appropriate situation to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back