Review: ZERO 24 BIT/192KHz DAC/Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp
Aug 11, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #9,031 of 9,388
As many have said before. It's the best you can do at this price point. Many have stated that if they never heard better (like 5k systems), they'd be perfectly content with the Zero. It is a great little unit with upgradeable potential.

Aug 22, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #9,036 of 9,388
I'm thinking about getting one of the HDAM's from Audio-GD. Which one is considered the best?

Aug 22, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #9,038 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chefano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi!
I could not follow all the thread.. but is Zero capable to reproduce 24/96 flac's using USB?
Or its limited to 16/44 like others dac.
Thanks =D

USB receiver is PCM2707 which supports up to 16bit/48khz.

Aug 22, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #9,039 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem with pre-amp mode in the Zero, is that, by default, it outputs as a DAC, that is, 100% output when you switch it on. So if you connected it to a power amp, and forgot to switch it into pre-amp mode, you'd have 100% volume. Not great. The other thing, as has been said before is, it's a lottery whether your Zero will fail after you buy it.

As for a HR Micro Stack, if I could afford it, I'd take it any day over a Zero. You're looking at quality made gear vs. cheap and unfortunately un-reliable. It's a pity, as if it didn't have reliability problems, it would indeed be an excellent bargain.

The truth is, I've sold 45 ZERO (1 '08 and 44 '09) DACs since May 6th. Guess what, none of them was returned. Only 1 unit had a bad green LED and the buyer happened to be able to solder it off for a replacement.

However, I have returned 3 units back to the manufacturer (do the maths, defect rate 6.7%...not too good) because of various sound problems I found when doing my own "QC". But all my customers are happy. Don't believe it? Check out my eBay feedback and DSRs (100% positive feedback and 5.0 score for Item As Described).

I believe the problem with '09 ZERO is not with their design or production. Possibly with their QC or logistics. If any other seller sees this, maybe you will consider testing every unit before you send them out to your buyers
redface.gif

'09 ZERO is one of my bestsellers and I am confident it will be the same in the coming holiday season.

This post is definitely not an ad. ZERO is not the only brand I am selling and I am not paid by ZERO to say so. These are my personal opinions and I just want everybody know that ZERO is doing their best to make things right and better. And I saw they already did.

Aug 22, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #9,040 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolfungadget /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For ZERO 09, Moon is the best IMHO.

I hope my OPA Dual MOON will arrive on tuesday.......
L3000.gif

Aug 23, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #9,041 of 9,388
I just got a pair of HD600 and the sound seems recessed and less detailed than my ATH-A900's I am wondering if I need a better amp.

I am currently driving them with my Zero does anyone here have experience driving HD600 with a Zero?

Aug 25, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #9,044 of 9,388
Coolfungadget was a good guy to do business with. I got my zero from him and it arrived in upstate NY in less than 2 weeks. I thought the 2604 sounded pretty good in the dac. The stock jrc082's in the amp came out after about 2 minutes.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 25, 2009 at 7:23 AM Post #9,045 of 9,388
Alright, I'm new to the amp/dac game, and I noticed the tianyun has two models, one with OPA2604, and one with OPA627. Is one better than the other? And are these DAC's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back