Review: ZERO 24 BIT/192KHz DAC/Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp
Aug 1, 2008 at 7:36 AM Post #4,726 of 9,388
Question to those who own upgraded ZERO and Denon D2000: What DAC/AMP(maybe separate DAC or AMP) will be the next(not a huge) step in getting better sound quality with Denon D2000?

Asking, cuz dont want to wait some parts to be in stock and just buy. Maybe Audiotrak Dr.Dac2? Or 0404usb?

Aug 1, 2008 at 11:48 AM Post #4,728 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question to those who own upgraded ZERO and Denon D2000: What DAC/AMP(maybe separate DAC or AMP) will be the next(not a huge) step in getting better sound quality with Denon D2000?

Asking, cuz dont want to wait some parts to be in stock and just buy. Maybe Audiotrak Dr.Dac2? Or 0404usb?

I am not sure if I understand your question, but the zero has a built in dac and amp that will sufficiently drive the d2000's to extreme volumes. If you really wanted an external amp then I would suggest the Little Dot's that Penchum has reviewed here on head-fi.

You don't want to wait for the Zero Dac, but your would rather just go and buy a Dr.Dac2 or 0404 usb? Well I guess patience is a virtue.

Aug 1, 2008 at 1:56 PM Post #4,729 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by richierich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my LT1364s in today, and all I gotta say after only 45 minutes of listening:

Zero + LT1364s + 627 > D2000s = HOLY WOW!!!!!!!!!!1111

The LT1364s really clean up the D2000s highs. Before with the stock 5532s the D2000s could be a little sibilant, but now wow I am not bothered at all even when turning up the volume higher. Thank you guys for the great recommendation! And thanks again Penchum for starting this whole Zero DAC craze.

Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

When I think about how much better it is going to sound, once everything has matured, I know you are in for a real treat! It only gets better from here.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 2:01 PM Post #4,730 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enthusia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not sure if I understand your question, but the zero has a built in dac and amp that will sufficiently drive the d2000's to extreme volumes. If you really wanted an external amp then I would suggest the Little Dot's that Penchum has reviewed here on head-fi.

You don't want to wait for the Zero Dac, but your would rather just go and buy a Dr.Dac2 or 0404 usb? Well I guess patience is a virtue.

Agreed. It can take time to get quality audio at such ridicules prices, but I consider the wait to be worth the effort in the long run. Popularity almost always creates delays in stock.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #4,731 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioPhewl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your input, and for updating tha last time someone had contact with him
smily_headphones1.gif
. It's disheartening to know that he is choosing to ignore me rather than work to resolve the issues with the faulty unit
frown.gif

He hasn't even given me a return address to mail the faulty unit back to
frown.gif

~Phewl.

As much as I would like to call this all a misunderstanding, it really does seem like he's ignoring you! I've just shot him another email (needed tracking info) and got a reply within the day.
confused.gif
Truly boggling.

Aug 1, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #4,732 of 9,388
I've got an email from him today to confirm my shipment, really strange he isn't contacting you...so far he seems an excellent seller
wink.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 3:27 PM Post #4,733 of 9,388
Can anybody decipher this for me? I just sent Lawrence an email about getting a new volume pot.

Quote:

Dear Sir ,

Can you buy one in your side ? It only cost few HK dollars. Can give it back to you. Shipping is more expensive !

Thank you very much !

Best regards,

Lawrence

Aug 1, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #4,734 of 9,388
what i have understood is that..he wants you to buy a new pot at your favourite local dealer...he will then provide you a cash refund for your purchase instead of sending the replacement pot...but...i may have misundestrood, as you can see i'm not even a native english speaker
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #4,735 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meliboeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what i have understood is that..he wants you to buy a new pot at your favourite local dealer...he will then provide you a cash refund for your purchase instead of sending the replacement pot...but...i may have misundestrood, as you can see i'm not even a native english speaker
biggrin.gif

That is what I thought too! But who knows I sent him another email regarding the matter.

Aug 1, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #4,737 of 9,388
well done...because it's a pretty strange request...

super fast answer
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #4,738 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oya? /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As much as I would like to call this all a misunderstanding, it really does seem like he's ignoring you! I've just shot him another email (needed tracking info) and got a reply within the day.
confused.gif
Truly boggling.

Aye, I've had no response from him. Not for my emails, nor the Paypal dispute.

Looks like things go great, so long as there isn't a problem.
frown.gif

~Phewl.

Aug 1, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #4,739 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioPhewl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aye, I've had no response from him. Not for my emails, nor the Paypal dispute.

Looks like things go great, so long as there isn't a problem.
frown.gif

~Phewl.

Vendor reputations are built on overall customer satisfaction, which does include doing the right thing in the case of issues. I hope Lawrence steps up to the plate on this and resolves the problem.

Aug 1, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #4,740 of 9,388
Just received my Zero DAC from Lawrence. Ordered it July 20, received it August 1; not bad!

I am using the Zero with a new set of HD-650's, so I need to give them 100 hours or so to burn in. I have a question: Is there a switch to alter the Zero for different impedence levels on headphones? I know the HD-650 is a 300 Ohm beast, and the Zero is so far capable of driving it louder than I care to listen, but for some reason I thought there might be a switch or something to set. Sup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back